Code of Conduct

Default Article: 'H - The Exclusive Aoud' is Harrods Exclusive fragrance from Roja Dove

Blog Entries

Default Re: Article: 'H - The Exclusive Aoud' is Harrods Exclusive fragrance from Roja Dove

Exciting!

Look forward to trying this at some point. You've gotta hand it to Roja, he doesn't stint on the ingredients! The last few out of the gate have all been favourably compared with some of the Guerlain heavy-hitters . . . good enough for me.

Default Re: Article: 'H - The Exclusive Aoud' is Harrods Exclusive fragrance from Roja Dove

Seriously wonderful stuff. I wore it on one arm for a day - lucky old me. There's a big puff of saffron in the opening and I immediately thought of MFK Oud, but this more or less instantly dissolves into an animalic oud - can't quite put my finger on it, but animalic like very freshly cut, slightly rotten oak wood, not like a barnyard - and a brutally damp and funky patchouli. Which softens - or relaxes - with a progression of notes: woody spices, neroli, amber, until the oud and patchouli return for the dry down. Hopefully it hasn't spoiled me for perfumes I'll actually be able to afford in this reincarnation...!

I am new to Basenotes, So hello to you all.
    There is a new Exclusive "Taif Aoud" from Roja Parfums for Fortnum and Mason also which is stunning.
    Go in and try it!!!

J'ai reçu une bouteille.

I am quite surprised by this one. It was not what i expected... In a sense it feels new but not unsimilar to some ouds I've tried. It is very reminiscent of Mona's oud without the osmanthus, resinous and sweet light the opening of jubilation without the raspberries, and finally an almost black afgano funk. I am still mixed in how I feel about it