Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Terre d’Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

A Terre de Hermes flanker!

Now Smell This reports:

Hermès will launch Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche, a new variation on 2006's Terre d'Hermès fragrance for men (and see also the 2009 Terre d'Hermès Parfum).

Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche was developed by perfumer Jean Claude Ellena, and is described as a dialogue between bitter orange and woody notes and a clash between the solidity of earth and the freedom of citrus.

Hermès Terre d'Hermès Eau Très Fraîche will be available in 125 ml Eau de Toilette. Look for it in March.

"When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Eau d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Terre d’Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

... although, being a fan of Terre d'Hermes and most JCE releases, I will certainly give this one a try when it comes out. Heck, I have every single Terre item out there, after shaving lotions and balms, shampoo, soaps, deodorant... I predict this new flanker will end up in my collection.

Basenotes Institution

Like the new bottle
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Sounds like another pathetic attempt at trying to cash in on the "fraiche" craze. I will definitely still give it a sniff. Thanks for the info!
    Current Rotation:
    Aqua di Gio Profumo
    D&G The One EdP
    JPG Le Male
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme Eau Extreme
    Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Virgin Island Water
    MFK Aqua Universalis Forte
    Clive Christian No 1
    Clive Christian 1872
    Dior Sauvage
    Paco Rabanne Invictus

"Waste time wondering which "cologne" pulls better, and your genes will spread only by accident. A perfume should be right for the man, not for the job"
    Luca Turin

Ah yes, that old rivalry: the solidity of earth versus the freedom of citrus. I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.

I'm curious what this will be like, though. I still enjoy picking up Terre d'Hermes on others, though I no longer own a bottle.

By Fraiche do they mean diluted?

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Sounds like another pathetic attempt at trying to cash in on the "fraiche" craze. I will definitely still give it a sniff. Thanks for the info!
    unfortunately!

Reside in McLean, Va. Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Sounds interesting. Another for my add list. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Nice bottle. Not a fan of the original but will give this one a sniff nonetheless.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    Fresh. Sort of another way of marketing the term 'eaux' or 'cologne'.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Interesting...I hope this will be as good as it promises to be!
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Will probably enjoy more than the original.
    Currently wearing: Pi Fraiche by Givenchy

described as a dialogue between bitter orange and woody notes and a clash between the solidity of earth and the freedom of citrus.
    The freedom of citrus? What drivel. What in the hell is this supposed to mean?

will sure try, but then again, is sport version here soon? I just hope this doesn't turn into 10+ flankers. sure A*Men could pull it off, Fahrenheit to a certain degree, L'eau d' Issey also and that is not interesting except the intense version. Hermes is devaluing itself, I fear. However, this fraiche version might come to my liking non the less, who knows.
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Thanks for posting that, mike perez.
    Will definitely seek to try this one out... Who's going to be the first to post a review?
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Hmmmm, not sure how this one will work out, a lot of people already complain that the current TdH formula has been watered down and weaker than the original release... (no complaints from me, I think it's still quite strong and lasts all day on me)
    i just bought a new bottle of TDH (manufactured in October 2013) according to batch and the performances are fine, no sign of any weaker longevity on my skin.

I am starting to think that many complaints may come from counterfeits purchases (i had the opportunity to smell one and it was quite well done until a certain degree, but the longevity was abysmal; a co-worker of mine, which is not heavily involved in fragrances, didn't realise it was a counterfeit we were testing at that time - based on top and heart notes).

On-topic: interesting, no more vetiver and pepper (some of the main players in the composition), but aquatic accords. Will definately test. Seems that it is available only in 125 ml size.
    Last edited by Sylver; 28th February 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Do we have a more detailed note list yet? I would welcome less vetiver.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Ah yes, that old rivalry: the solidity of earth versus the freedom of citrus. I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.

I'm curious what this will be like, though. I still enjoy picking up Terre d'Hermes on others, though I no longer own a bottle.
    A paradox in a bottle...I've gotta say I'm super jazzed about a new one from Hermes. Flanker? Sure. But at least they haven't gone the path of L'Homme...yet.

Well, at least Jean-Claude Ellena composed this scent and that says something positive. On the other hand his recent attempts at minimal scents have been very minimal and unipressive for me. This one is supposed to smell watery. Water has no smell unless you drink tap water in LA so I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this flanker, but I will sniff it when I see it. Hope it is good but reserving judgement.
    1. Epic Man by Amouage (33 wears)
    2. Leather Oud by Christian Dior (31 wears)
    3. M7 by Yves Saint Laurent (27 wears)
    4. Oud Imperial (black) by Perris Monte Carlo (22 wears)
    5. Russian Tea Ritual by Masque (20 wears)
    6. Fate Man by Amouage (19 wears)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I'll have to tell my friend about this. He's crazy for TDH. Its been his signature scent for years now. I lost interest when they watered it down to EDC status.
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Christian Dior

This sounds like Terre d'Hermes Eau Genereuse to me.
    Currently wearing: Joop! Homme by Joop!

Idk, it translates as 'very fresh'..we will see I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I'll have to tell my friend about this. He's crazy for TDH. Its been his signature scent for years now. I lost interest when they watered it down to EDC status.
    Me too but I still have hopes for this new one. I'm wearing the Parfum now and it still good compared to the original.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Love the bottle, but I sure dont need a weaker version of TDH.

I guess I haven't been in the fragrance game long enough to be as jaded as some of you about flankers. I'm pretty excited for this.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Own and love the Parfum, was looking toward the Montale Red Vetiver to get even more punch. This goes the other direction, but I am interested in giving this one a try. Might be a really nice twist on a legend.
    Current Summer Favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    3. Dior - Homme Cologne 2013
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Armani - Code Sport Athlete
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Sicilian Mandarin
    7. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    10. Creed - Pure White Cologne

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    ... although, being a fan of Terre d'Hermes and most JCE releases, I will certainly give this one a try when it comes out. Heck, I have every single Terre item out there, after shaving lotions and balms, shampoo, soaps, deodorant... I predict this new flanker will end up in my collection.
    Man, you're one up on me with the soap! But yes - I will probably love this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post

LOOOOOL!!!!

I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.
    What's amazing is that IFRA is actually making us choose between freedom of fragrance and freedom from allergy. I don't really mind the choice - I just wish there were more options on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    The freedom of citrus? What drivel. What in the hell is this supposed to mean?
    LMAO!

I just LOVE the Hermès catalog - it is simply filled with that stuff. Pouting French woman in a dubious dress and strange expensive shoes on a barstool in the middle of a field with windmills behind her. An older man in a beret and awesome glasses contemplates an ice sculpture in the middle of the desert. A topless couple runs across a field with a blue Mylar cow balloon tethered between them at their ankles. The freedom of citrus! It's beautiful!

BUT SERIOUSLY.... to give them credit, that is really the tension in this fragrance as described. Woody/earthy/mineralic/dark citrus versus airy/dry/wet/light citrus. The Parfum really went the other way, and that was all good, but I'm ready for a light version, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Well, at least Jean-Claude Ellena composed this scent and that says something positive. On the other hand his recent attempts at minimal scents have been very minimal and unipressive for me. This one is supposed to smell watery. Water has no smell unless you drink tap water in LA so I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this flanker, but I will sniff it when I see it. Hope it is good but reserving judgement.
    I will not buy blind either, because there have been some "Eaux" lately that I am very glad I didn't buy blind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I guess I haven't been in the fragrance game long enough to be as jaded as some of you about flankers. I'm pretty excited for this.
    Good for you! I'm going to be hopeful, too.
    https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Blog Entries

Check out this image from the source article (Spanish Esquire). I think this is JCE's desktop:

http://www.esquire.es/actualizacion/...-pura-alquimia

https://cologniac.com - raging for the machines

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Man, you're one up on me with the soap! But yes - I will probably love this, too.
    I just find it very interesting how all these different products take Terre in slightly different directions. My favorite has to be the after-shave balm (not the lotion, which I also own) - the citrus note is much stronger, the infamous "BO note" some people detect in EDT is practically non-existent, and for an after-shave balm this thing lasts 3+ hours. It's one of my favorite fringe products surrounding a fragrance that I already enjoy. The soap is nice, too, it's nice to 'refresh' the scent on your hands every time you leave the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    BUT SERIOUSLY.... to give them credit, that is really the tension in this fragrance as described. Woody/earthy/mineralic/dark citrus versus airy/dry/wet/light citrus. The Parfum really went the other way, and that was all good, but I'm ready for a light version, for sure.
    I love TdH EDT in the summer, but I agree, a more summer-friendly, "lighter" version for our 110-125F summer days, would be a nice option and an alternative to the EDT and PP. I will definitely give this one a try when it comes out.