Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Basenotes Institution

Default Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

A Terre de Hermes flanker!

Now Smell This reports:

HermŤs will launch Terre d'HermŤs Eau TrŤs FraÓche, a new variation on 2006's Terre d'HermŤs fragrance for men (and see also the 2009 Terre d'HermŤs Parfum).

Terre d'HermŤs Eau TrŤs FraÓche was developed by perfumer Jean Claude Ellena, and is described as a dialogue between bitter orange and woody notes and a clash between the solidity of earth and the freedom of citrus.

HermŤs Terre d'HermŤs Eau TrŤs FraÓche will be available in 125 ml Eau de Toilette. Look for it in March.

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

Hmmmm, not sure how this one will work out, a lot of people already complain that the current TdH formula has been watered down and weaker than the original release... (no complaints from me, I think it's still quite strong and lasts all day on me)

Basenotes Plus

... although, being a fan of Terre d'Hermes and most JCE releases, I will certainly give this one a try when it comes out. Heck, I have every single Terre item out there, after shaving lotions and balms, shampoo, soaps, deodorant... I predict this new flanker will end up in my collection.

Basenotes Institution

Like the new bottle

-- Jack Kerouac

Sounds like another pathetic attempt at trying to cash in on the "fraiche" craze. I will definitely still give it a sniff. Thanks for the info!
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Ah yes, that old rivalry: the solidity of earth versus the freedom of citrus. I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.

I'm curious what this will be like, though. I still enjoy picking up Terre d'Hermes on others, though I no longer own a bottle.

By Fraiche do they mean diluted?

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Sounds like another pathetic attempt at trying to cash in on the "fraiche" craze. I will definitely still give it a sniff. Thanks for the info!
    unfortunately!

Sounds interesting. Another for my add list. Thanks for the info.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Nice bottle. Not a fan of the original but will give this one a sniff nonetheless.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    Fresh. Sort of another way of marketing the term 'eaux' or 'cologne'.

-- Jack Kerouac

Interesting...I hope this will be as good as it promises to be!

Will probably enjoy more than the original.

described as a dialogue between bitter orange and woody notes and a clash between the solidity of earth and the freedom of citrus.
    The freedom of citrus? What drivel. What in the hell is this supposed to mean?

will sure try, but then again, is sport version here soon? I just hope this doesn't turn into 10+ flankers. sure A*Men could pull it off, Fahrenheit to a certain degree, L'eau d' Issey also and that is not interesting except the intense version. Hermes is devaluing itself, I fear. However, this fraiche version might come to my liking non the less, who knows.

Thanks for posting that, mike perez.
    Will definitely seek to try this one out... Who's going to be the first to post a review?

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Hmmmm, not sure how this one will work out, a lot of people already complain that the current TdH formula has been watered down and weaker than the original release... (no complaints from me, I think it's still quite strong and lasts all day on me)
    i just bought a new bottle of TDH (manufactured in October 2013) according to batch and the performances are fine, no sign of any weaker longevity on my skin.

I am starting to think that many complaints may come from counterfeits purchases (i had the opportunity to smell one and it was quite well done until a certain degree, but the longevity was abysmal; a co-worker of mine, which is not heavily involved in fragrances, didn't realise it was a counterfeit we were testing at that time - based on top and heart notes).

On-topic: interesting, no more vetiver and pepper (some of the main players in the composition), but aquatic accords. Will definately test. Seems that it is available only in 125 ml size.
    Last edited by Sylver; 28th February 2014 at 02:05 PM.

Do we have a more detailed note list yet? I would welcome less vetiver.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post
    Ah yes, that old rivalry: the solidity of earth versus the freedom of citrus. I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.

I'm curious what this will be like, though. I still enjoy picking up Terre d'Hermes on others, though I no longer own a bottle.
    A paradox in a bottle...I've gotta say I'm super jazzed about a new one from Hermes. Flanker? Sure. But at least they haven't gone the path of L'Homme...yet.

Well, at least Jean-Claude Ellena composed this scent and that says something positive. On the other hand his recent attempts at minimal scents have been very minimal and unipressive for me. This one is supposed to smell watery. Water has no smell unless you drink tap water in LA so I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this flanker, but I will sniff it when I see it. Hope it is good but reserving judgement.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I'll have to tell my friend about this. He's crazy for TDH. Its been his signature scent for years now. I lost interest when they watered it down to EDC status.

This sounds like Terre d'Hermes Eau Genereuse to me.

Idk, it translates as 'very fresh'..we will see I guess.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I'll have to tell my friend about this. He's crazy for TDH. Its been his signature scent for years now. I lost interest when they watered it down to EDC status.
    Me too but I still have hopes for this new one. I'm wearing the Parfum now and it still good compared to the original.

Love the bottle, but I sure dont need a weaker version of TDH.

I guess I haven't been in the fragrance game long enough to be as jaded as some of you about flankers. I'm pretty excited for this.

Own and love the Parfum, was looking toward the Montale Red Vetiver to get even more punch. This goes the other direction, but I am interested in giving this one a try. Might be a really nice twist on a legend.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Blog Entries

... although, being a fan of Terre d'Hermes and most JCE releases, I will certainly give this one a try when it comes out. Heck, I have every single Terre item out there, after shaving lotions and balms, shampoo, soaps, deodorant... I predict this new flanker will end up in my collection.
    Man, you're one up on me with the soap! But yes - I will probably love this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by onethinline View Post

LOOOOOL!!!!

I mean, must one choose? That's like choosing between freedom and cardamom.
    What's amazing is that IFRA is actually making us choose between freedom of fragrance and freedom from allergy. I don't really mind the choice - I just wish there were more options on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by 61824 View Post
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by chili_willi View Post
    The freedom of citrus? What drivel. What in the hell is this supposed to mean?
    LMAO!

I just LOVE the HermŤs catalog - it is simply filled with that stuff. Pouting French woman in a dubious dress and strange expensive shoes on a barstool in the middle of a field with windmills behind her. An older man in a beret and awesome glasses contemplates an ice sculpture in the middle of the desert. A topless couple runs across a field with a blue Mylar cow balloon tethered between them at their ankles. The freedom of citrus! It's beautiful!

BUT SERIOUSLY.... to give them credit, that is really the tension in this fragrance as described. Woody/earthy/mineralic/dark citrus versus airy/dry/wet/light citrus. The Parfum really went the other way, and that was all good, but I'm ready for a light version, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Well, at least Jean-Claude Ellena composed this scent and that says something positive. On the other hand his recent attempts at minimal scents have been very minimal and unipressive for me. This one is supposed to smell watery. Water has no smell unless you drink tap water in LA so I am not going to hold my breath waiting for this flanker, but I will sniff it when I see it. Hope it is good but reserving judgement.
    I will not buy blind either, because there have been some "Eaux" lately that I am very glad I didn't buy blind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I guess I haven't been in the fragrance game long enough to be as jaded as some of you about flankers. I'm pretty excited for this.
    Good for you! I'm going to be hopeful, too.

Blog Entries

Check out this image from the source article (Spanish Esquire). I think this is JCE's desktop:

http://www.esquire.es/actualizacion/...-pura-alquimia

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Man, you're one up on me with the soap! But yes - I will probably love this, too.
    I just find it very interesting how all these different products take Terre in slightly different directions. My favorite has to be the after-shave balm (not the lotion, which I also own) - the citrus note is much stronger, the infamous "BO note" some people detect in EDT is practically non-existent, and for an after-shave balm this thing lasts 3+ hours. It's one of my favorite fringe products surrounding a fragrance that I already enjoy. The soap is nice, too, it's nice to 'refresh' the scent on your hands every time you leave the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    BUT SERIOUSLY.... to give them credit, that is really the tension in this fragrance as described. Woody/earthy/mineralic/dark citrus versus airy/dry/wet/light citrus. The Parfum really went the other way, and that was all good, but I'm ready for a light version, for sure.
    I love TdH EDT in the summer, but I agree, a more summer-friendly, "lighter" version for our 110-125F summer days, would be a nice option and an alternative to the EDT and PP. I will definitely give this one a try when it comes out.

Blog Entries

I just find it very interesting how all these different products take Terre in slightly different directions. My favorite has to be the after-shave balm (not the lotion, which I also own) - the citrus note is much stronger, the infamous "BO note" some people detect in EDT is practically non-existent, and for an after-shave balm this thing lasts 3+ hours. It's one of my favorite fringe products surrounding a fragrance that I already enjoy. The soap is nice, too, it's nice to 'refresh' the scent on your hands every time you leave the bathroom.

I love TdH EDT in the summer, but I agree, a more summer-friendly, "lighter" version for our 110-125F summer days, would be a nice option and an alternative to the EDT and PP. I will definitely give this one a try when it comes out.
    Yes - the slight differences are wonderful. My wife loves the shower gel - she poaches it from me all the time, and it's running low. I agree that the balm is awesome, but I have not tried the lotion - hmmm. And the soap does sound good, too, if it persists even a little bit. I also LOVE the deodorant. It's a slightly different take on the fragrance, and I just love that variation.

Using a combination of body products makes every wear just a wee bit different, and always very enjoyable.

Basenotes Institution

TdH soap and shower gel are both awesome

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by 1adam12 View Post
    I get that. I would be more excited if they had not tweaked the original version and watered it down a bit. Still, I hope this new version is vibrant with excellent projection and staying power. If so, I would not hesitate to buy a bottle, as TDH is one of my all-time favorite scents. I'm rooting for it to be excellent, but recent releases from many brands have been weak.

Here's hoping for a great release! I hope it blows me away!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I get that. I would be more excited if they had not tweaked the original version and watered it down a bit. Still, I hope this new version is vibrant with excellent projection and staying power. If so, I would not hesitate to buy a bottle, as TDH is one of my all-time favorite scents. I'm rooting for it to be excellent, but recent releases from many brands have been weak.

Here's hoping for a great release! I hope it blows me away!
    I sympathise with you Chuck. I bathed in the stuff when it came out in 2006. I've owned a bottle of the EdT since, but alas in late 2013, I gave up on it and didn't buy another bottle of the EdT. The Perfum works just fine, but the EdT just simply isn't what it used to be. I thought of this as my signature scent, but following its reformulation (watering down), it's just not as revolutionary as it was when it first came out.

We live in hope, so I really do hope this new one makes my mouth drop.

Default Terre d'HermŤs eau trŤs fraÓche

Hi,

I haven't been here for quite some time and don't know whether there has been a thread about the above-mentioned new HermŤs. Has anyone tried it and can tell me something about it? I'll be in Paris in two weeks and would like to know beforehand if it is worth buying.

Thanks!

Default Re: Terre d'HermŤs eau trŤs fraÓche

Hi Luis - there's some info. in this recent thread.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/376...iche-by-Hermes

We'l merge them in order to keep all of the info. in one place.
    Last edited by lpp; 16th March 2014 at 08:36 AM.

Will give this a sample.

The current TDH edt is very weak as it is, I really dont see the point of an Eau Fraiche version.

Basenotes Institution

Anyone see / smell this one yet?

I'm thinking maybe Hermes is slowing down the release of this one to make more time to hype Bel Ami Vetiver.

-- Jack Kerouac

Actually, I have a bottle sent to me by a friend in Paris and it smells a lot like a toned down TdH with Pampelmousse Rose on the top. Lighter, not as earthy, but still wonderful.

FYI: it's available on the US Hermes website as of this morning...not an April Fool's joke. LOL!

Just called the boutique where I live. They have it. Will be picking it up tomorrow. Thank you for the heads up spcmiller!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Actually, I have a bottle sent to me by a friend in Paris and it smells a lot like a toned down TdH with Pampelmousse Rose on the top. Lighter, not as earthy, but still wonderful.

FYI: it's available on the US Hermes website as of this morning...not an April Fool's joke. LOL!
    Love me some TDH, but I sure don't need it lighter!

Basenotes Institution

Good to hear, thanks.

-- Jack Kerouac

Default Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

Oh great. Another one for my wallet to feel the weight. Here we go again Mr Ellena...!!

Guys, please post your thoughts when you've tried it!

I'm not amongst the bigger fans of the original Terre and while I can't say I'm a huge fan of this either, i think it is a pretty solid release. It shares the same DNA with both Terre and to a lesser extent with Voyage and most of the latest Hermes' masculines. That woody-spicy transparency mixed with a distant lived-in / leathery vibe. All that is embellished by a citrus explosion during the opening that strikes somewhere between Bigarrade Concentree, Eau D'Hermes and Eau De Pamplemousse Rose. I think it's worth of attention, especially if one likes the genre. The bottle design and size / proportions are pretty nice.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I think my last 8 purchases have been blind... I'm about to make it 9.
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I'm not amongst the bigger fans of the original Terre and while I can't say I'm a huge fan of this either, i think it is a pretty solid release. It shares the same DNA with both Terre and to a lesser extent with Voyage and most of the latest Hermes' masculines. That woody-spicy transparency mixed with a distant lived-in / leathery vibe. All that is embellished by a citrus explosion during the opening that strikes somewhere between Bigarrade Concentree, Eau D'Hermes and Eau De Pamplemousse Rose. I think it's worth of attention, especially if one likes the genre. The bottle design and size / proportions are pretty nice.
    Thanks! ON MY LIST.

What's cool is that it's no longer a blind buy. I've never even sniffed it, but the directions you've given put it solidly in my BUY zone. Awesome description!

Strangely, whenever I read about Terre d'Hermes,
    I am inevitably compelled to wear Cartier Declaration,
    Ellena at his best.

tried it...just another flanker!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Alfarom nailing it as usual. How many good designers pop up every day in this time of age? Not many in my book - but this is one of the more solid releases.

We're not talking ground breaking stuff here, but a very nice designer release trailing the original Terre with some of the same notes intermingled with a pretty good, fresh and not too synthetic watery citrus.

If you like Terre d'Hermes, you'll probably like this. I love Terre, and I'm picking this up whenever I can afford it - hopefully before summer. A decent comparison can probably be made between Eau Tres Fraiche and Dior Homme Cologne 2013, but with DHC running with more of a white musk in the base with ETF doing more of that none-too-shabby synth-wood drydown.

Overall a steady concoction.

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    A decent comparison can probably be made between Eau Tres Fraiche and Dior Homme Cologne 2013, but with DHC running with more of a white musk in the base with ETF doing more of that none-too-shabby synth-wood drydown.
    Own and love DHC 2013 - glad to hear the comparison. I case I wasn't completely sold before - I am now!

Can anyone elaborate on the longevity of this flanker?
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Own and love DHC 2013 - glad to hear the comparison. I case I wasn't completely sold before - I am now!

Can anyone elaborate on the longevity of this flanker?
    Pretty solid longevity on this one. Can't give a specific number, but at least six hours it felt like to me. And also yeah - this does remind me of DHC - which I really like for warmer weather. Terre could very well be a slightly woodsier take on DHC, actually. Nothing wrong with that for me. It's probably more layered and "deeper" if you like, than DHC, but still not that far away in philosophy.

Sprayed it on the back of my hand 4 hours ago and it's still going strong - good sign.

Well, thanks - you guys just sold me! Just placed my order a few minutes ago!
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Well, thanks - you guys just sold me! Just placed my order a few minutes ago!
    where did you order it from and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by NELSON29 View Post
    where did you order it from and how much?
    I ordered it from the Hermes.com site. It was $115 + shipping.
    Seasonal favorites:

2. Creed - Aventus
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio

How is the projection on this??

Be forewarned friends: if ordering from the US Hermes site they completely gouge on shipping. I think the cheapest option is $15! I'd imagine they'd offer free shipping given the fact their stuff is overpriced to begin with, but conversely, they are Hermes so they can pretty much charge whatever they want for their stuff.

Projection was better than I thought. Was noticeable by people in the same room as I, and I had just given it one spray on the back of my hand.

Tried a decent blast on paper and wrist at Duty Free and it's nice enough - an earnest citrus rather than a perky smiley facet one - but not something I really need . . . I have a lot of respect for the original release of TdH, it was something of a game changer IMO, and if it's one you still enjoy then this new one might be a nice one to have but taken on it's own it's just 'OK' and it seems a bit odd that you have to sort of 'remember' the original to 'get' what this is supposed to be - if that makes any sense.

Or, to put it another way, they called have called it anything, really . . .
    ďAnti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'Ē
    ― Isaac Asimov