Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

Briefly sampled this at the airport but didn't apply to skin because I was about to board a flight. Pleasant but didn't scream buy me. I would like to do a proper sampling.
    On the other hand, I discovered I love the parfum but i think it is only sold duty free at the airport in Japan. I'll have to check out the Hermes boutiques. Also loved the dry, bitter oleander and sappy fig of jardin en mediterranee.
    Just say no to oniomania.

Basenotes Plus

I sampled it last week in Bloomingdales. Funny thing is that I went there to test something completely different - ADP's Colonia Leather. I was sniffing quite a few fragrances within leather theme and other Colonias. And this one was one of those "Oh, we just got this one in, here, try it". And this is the one that has been on mind the whole week.

I do need a nice summer scent, right guys? (did I say need?)

Default Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

I've bought this this week. It's perfect for me. Everything I like about TdH has been turned up, and everything I don't like has been turned down. And the floral note, which is supposed to be Geranium (which is usually from the leaves) is not so leafy and much more like Rose but not a fully rounded Rose with its powdery facets, just the fruity facets, which is great. That stripped down Rose note reminds me of something else, I've smelt it before somewhere, but I can't place where at the moment.

Bigarade Concentree is now off my wishlist, TdHETF is so very close to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andym72; 22nd May 2014 at 12:17 PM.

Tried this in store about an hour ago. Very nice indeed. Pity it doesn't come in a smaller bottle though. I agree with those who find it similar to BC. And it seems closer to Declaration than the original TdH EdT is. As the top notes die down it is becoming closer to the EdT though. A good one for sure but possibly redundant, too soon to say. Seems plenty strong enough. I also tried yet another new variation on the theme, Declaration L'Eau. Another good one but possibly a bit underpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Marais View Post
    Tried this in store about an hour ago. Very nice indeed. Pity it doesn't come in a smaller bottle though. I agree with those who find it similar to BC. And it seems closer to Declaration than the original TdH EdT is. As the top notes die down it is becoming closer to the EdT though. A good one for sure but possibly redundant, too soon to say. Seems plenty strong enough. I also tried yet another new variation on the theme, Declaration L'Eau. Another good one but possibly a bit underpowered.
    These are two scents I'm most interested in trying. Particularly the Cartier.
    BRING BACK OUR GIRLS!

Default Terre díHermes Eau Tres Fraiche by Hermes

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    These are two scents I'm most interested in trying. Particularly the Cartier.
    I had TdH ETF on one hand and some horror from M&S on the other so couldn't get a good idea of Declaration L'Eau from the bit of forearm I could reach. But both have brighter citrus notes than their originals. I nearly bought TdH ETF on the spot but am trying to exercise some self control (i.e. will buy next week).
    Last edited by Marais; 31st May 2014 at 12:17 PM.

Sound Scents

I have a sample and thought it pleasant smelling but not something I would purchase. It definitely has some Terre d'Hermes DNA in it, but the super-fresh citric top is a bit too clean and fresh for my tastes. Honestly Terre d'HermŤs is an easy composition to wear year-round and has some of the same fresh qualities already...
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frťdťric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driý) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    That stripped down Rose note reminds me of something else, I've smelt it before somewhere, but I can't place where at the moment
    I think it is similar to the rose note in Voyage parfum, but not as prominent here.

meh....I tried it and decided a "no-go"....I have the original parfum and really see no need to sprinkle a little citrus on it and call it a "new" scent...It still smells to me like Terre D'Hermes original....just a bit lighter with some lighter brighter citrus kicks to it....Not enough for a FB especially THAT size bottle...it's simply too large...
    FOR SALE:

Cedrat Enivrant 30ml-

Brecourt Esprit Mondain 1.7 oz.

I wore a sample of the 'new' TdH EdT today and concur with those bemoaning the watering down of this one. If I had to choose which of these to buy now, I think I'd go with the Eau Tres Fraiche. I like the smell a bit more and the longevity is no worse than current TdH EdT (although definitely worse than my 2010 bottle).

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    meh....I tried it and decided a "no-go"....I have the original parfum and really see no need to sprinkle a little citrus on it and call it a "new" scent...It still smells to me like Terre D'Hermes original....just a bit lighter with some lighter brighter citrus kicks to it....Not enough for a FB especially THAT size bottle...it's simply too large...
    I got a chance to sample this today and pretty much find this review to be spot on. I am a bit mixed, though, on this one and my views might change with a couple more samplings. The original TDH is one my favorite all time fragrances, probably in my top 5 of all time.

ETF does smell good, but for me a big part of the original is the masterful composition; it's not just citrus at the top, it's bitter as well, with a great earthiness to it. Initially, ETF reminded a bit of orange hand cleaner or degreaser. It was just a bit too orange for me, and kinda fake at that. As it dries down, though, it becomes much more reminiscent of the original albeit a bit too light, regardless if it's a fraiche version. For me, longevity is an issue as well. I get very good longevity with the original, but with ETF I can barely smell it on my skin after two hours, however on a test strip it holds up pretty well. Ultimately, it makes me want to go spray the original on my skin People who aren't fans of the original, though, may find this version to be appealing.

I think the marketing angle is a bit off, too, with bottle sizes. I think fans of the original would still buy this if it came in a 50 ml or even 30 ml, but 125 ml I wouldn't see myself purchasing.
    Last edited by Theo; 2nd June 2014 at 03:39 AM.

I'll be sampling it very soon. I just wish it came in another size as 125 ml is a bit too much considering I already have both the EDT and EDP.

I was informed by the ladies in the Hermes boutique in Charles de Gaulle Airport, that it only comes in a 125ml bottle on purpose, because you are supposed to douse yourself with it, spray it all over.

Yes, I know this is them basically admitting it is weak, but it's not in my experience, 2 sprays last a good 6 hours.

Maybe this is a particular French consumer thing, that with lighter summer frags they coat themselves with it to get a stronger smell.

^^^^^Yeah, I'm going to recant my statement about longevity. I kept getting wafts of ETF later in the day as I was moving about. This was a good 4-5 hours after application and two sprays for me as well. This one is definitely nice, especially in the base. I found myself enjoying it more and more as the day went on. The thinking behind the larger bottle does make sense. If there were a 50 ml I would buy it in a heartbeat, will have to ponder the 125 ml purchase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post
    I was informed by the ladies in the Hermes boutique in Charles de Gaulle Airport, that it only comes in a 125ml bottle on purpose, because you are supposed to douse yourself with it, spray it all over.

Yes, I know this is them basically admitting it is weak, but it's not in my experience, 2 sprays last a good 6 hours.

Maybe this is a particular French consumer thing, that with lighter summer frags they coat themselves with it to get a stronger smell.
    I've been wearing it in the French style, which is to say, way too much.

I agree - you can smell it with just a little, and it lasts a long time. But it also ramps up nicely with a lot of sprays, to something like a fresher version of TdH but almost as strong. I'm glad for the big volume, myself.

Saw this at Sephora yesterday and forgot to test it! D'OH!!!

Sampled this today, it definitely smells like natural citrus... But there's this weird sweaty / curry note that sticks around for a bit, before becoming kinda like a dirty floral undertone, under the citrus. Not really something I'd buy and almost smells unisex to me.

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Sampled this today, it definitely smells like natural citrus... But there's this weird sweaty / curry note that sticks around for a bit, before becoming kinda like a dirty floral undertone, under the citrus. Not really something I'd buy and almost smells unisex to me.
    I think it's more cardamom than cumin. Avoid precursor Declaration, which is much spicier. I'm wearing this for the 3rd time and love it so far. The juicy citrus works well in hot weather and keeps going throughout the day - based on 15 sprays

Holy.... 15 sprays!?! Hahaha

That's the most sprays I've ever heard of anyone using for a fragrance.

I put one spray on my arm in Nordies yesterday. Bitter lemon at first. Decent longevity, weak projection. Ends up as TDH basically. If you own TDH, I don't see the point. Smells nice, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I put one spray on my arm in Nordies yesterday. Bitter lemon at first. Decent longevity, weak projection. Ends up as TDH basically. If you own TDH, I don't see the point. Smells nice, though.
    Yes projection is not great but longevity is very good. I disagree about it ending up like TdH. Of course there are some similarities, it's a flanker after all, but the citrus is much brighter and as a whole the fragrance is lighter. There is less pepper/cedar/vetiver. Anyway spraying a lot tells you more than a single spritz on the arm.

Basenotes Plus

Yes projection is not great but longevity is very good. I disagree about it ending up like TdH. Of course there are some similarities, it's a flanker after all, but the citrus is much brighter and as a whole the fragrance is lighter.
    I don't have any projection problems with this one, in fact it feels stronger to me than the original TdH EdT in that regard. I've heard comments on my fragrance from someone across the room, a good 15 feet away - I'd call that excellent projection. Especially for a summer flanker. Longevity is outstanding - easily all day.

For anyone thinking this is a light summery citrus fresh fragrance - you are in for a big surprise! This is not a "light" fragrance at all. Well, it is light in the scent sense, but it's strength and longevity are first class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    I don't have any projection problems with this one, in fact it feels stronger to me than the original TdH EdT in that regard. I've heard comments on my fragrance from someone across the room, a good 15 feet away - I'd call that excellent projection. Especially for a summer flanker. Longevity is outstanding - easily all day.

For anyone thinking this is a light summery citrus fresh fragrance - you are in for a big surprise! This is not a "light" fragrance at all. Well, it is light in the scent sense, but it's strength and longevity are first class.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Right, I should say projection is not on a par with my 2010 bottle of TdH, which is outstanding. I have no grumbles about TdH ETF. I returned to my office after a brief sojourn to the necessarium and I could smell it when I walked in (although some say that's sillage which is in no way related to projection). Anyway I think it's very good but I'm a sucker for these spiced woody citruses that Ellena does so well. And the bonus here is the prolonged orange note.

Just now finally was able to sample this one. It's strange, because I thought for some reason none of the stores near me had it, but it was right there in front of me in plain sight. It's OK for me...just OK. In fact, I might even go to far as to say that I don't like it. I can't put my finger on it, but there is just something I don't like about it. I get a LOT of grapefruit and bitter orange, and I think those particular citrus notes combined with the woods smells "off" to me. My wife said the dry down smells like "body odor and infection" ...whatever that means (she's pregnant, and her sense of smell is a little crazy lately). The funny thing is that I love and own a bottle of the EDT, and the DNA of TdH is easily identifiable. I will be sure to test a couple more times before I make a final opinion, as I've done a 180 on several favorite fragrances (Habit Rouge, Tabarome, etc).

Tried this over the weekend before my wife surprised me with Bleecker St. I'm a TdH EDT fan boy and have worn it more than anything the last 2 years. However I don't get this at all. It was just lemons/citrus....that is all I got and when I poured a large sample on me that is all I still got and it was gone in a matter of an hour. I'm not sure what the point was unless it was to be more of an old school EDC type of thing. I got nothing TdH out of it.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I have been adequately sampling this over the past week. Initially, my reactions were similar to some of the others that found this to be nondescript. Upon first wearing I thought longevity was weak, but it's definitely not. I've been wearing it today and it lasted over 6 hours, easily.

As far as the notes, I get a brighter orange/citrus at the top. It's a bit too orangey for my liking at the opening, but this subsides fairy quickly. The heart and the base are where this fragrance shines IMO. I'm a fan of geranium in fragrances and I know that some people are not, but in TDHETF it is extremely smooth as are the woods in the base. Without the vetiver and pepper of the original (which I'm a huge fan of BTW) it doesn't have that dirtiness and earthiness that some don't find appealing.

I would go as far to say that people who don't like the original might like this, a lot. I think this could be a signature scent, especially for spring and summer, fall, heck even winter in a warmer climate like southern California. It really is that good , IMO.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    I think this could be a signature scent, especially for spring and summer, fall, heck even winter in a warmer climate like southern California. It really is that good , IMO.
    Yup, I'll drink to that. Here in SoCal where our summer days are already in 110F+, it works beautifully!! I still am trying to figure out how this one, despite being "lighter" than the original TdH, seems to be stronger and longer lasting in the heat. Its performance is fantastic! It's one of the best flankers (from any house) I've tried (and bought) in a very, very long time. And I don't mind the huge 4.2oz bottle, I actually quite like it.

Quote Originally Posted by xxsjxx1 View Post
    Holy.... 15 sprays!?! Hahaha

That's the most sprays I've ever heard of anyone using for a fragrance.
    I wear 30 sprays of another long-famous Hermes' Citrus. Google me and spray stats lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Actually, I have a bottle sent to me by a friend in Paris and it smells a lot like a toned down TdH with Pampelmousse Rose on the top. Lighter, not as earthy, but still wonderful.

FYI: it's available on the US Hermes website as of this morning...not an April Fool's joke. LOL!
    i agree with these sentiments exactly. At first sniff it's those two, seemingly a very uninspired mix from Ellena. Also with a small dose of common/sweeter synthetic orange notes and IFRA-approved-level of bio-identical terpenes.

Added to that dual re-mash, is a decent, fresh/tart/soapy, minimal and very transparent geranium that stays quite cool as Redneck noted....think Malle's geranium pour Monsieur (which i also find very minimal and uninspired), or at best, given it has wet/fruity/mineralic nuances throughout........the bitter, yet faintly fruity rose/gernaium aspect of No.88. And of course some of the super clean musk and base citric nuance, like the last gasps of Chanel Allure Homme Sport "cologne Sport" or the most recent DHC or Guerlain Homme L'Eau.

And Ishould mention it's also very clean and "Transparent"/shampoo-ey, like most* of the overrated, overly minimal, recent Ellena creations.

It's nice but I'll wait to purchase a special edition metallic bottle of it for 30% off retail.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 1st July 2014 at 06:39 AM.

Sampled this a couple of days ago. Based on a light spritz on my arm by the sales assistant I was distinctly underwhlemed.As you would expect it is a ligher, more citrussy TDH, but was seemed so light on my skin I can't imagine buying it. The TDH DNA was evident in the drydown but my one impression was "weak". I'll try it again, and make sure I get my hands on the bottle to go a bit heavier on the sprays and see if my opinion is the same.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by tefg View Post
    ... but my one impression was "weak". I'll try it again
    Definitely do. It is not weak by any means - it's on par if not actually a bit stronger than TdH EdT. Yes, surprising, for a "lighter" version of TdH - it projects very nicely and lasts very long, I'day at least 8 hours. I absolutely love it, especially in our desert summer heat. Two solid thumbs up.

Definitely do. It is not weak by any means - it's on par if not actually a bit stronger than TdH EdT. Yes, surprising, for a "lighter" version of TdH - it projects very nicely and lasts very long, I'day at least 8 hours. I absolutely love it, especially in our desert summer heat. Two solid thumbs up.
    I’m happy to admit to being a bit of an oversprayer, and wanted more than the light “waft” of spray the sales assistant waved in my direction, hence my comments on going a bit heavier on it if I try it again. Thanks for the advice, I will give it another go.

Tested this a few times. I do get it as a ligher TDH (more orangey in the top), but same sa remik, i get very good performances out of it. On my skin it is anything but weak.

Quote Originally Posted by tefg View Post
    Sampled this a couple of days ago. Based on a light spritz on my arm by the sales assistant I was distinctly underwhlemed.As you would expect it is a ligher, more citrussy TDH, but was seemed so light on my skin I can't imagine buying it. The TDH DNA was evident in the drydown but my one impression was "weak". I'll try it again, and make sure I get my hands on the bottle to go a bit heavier on the sprays and see if my opinion is the same.

tefg, my initial impression of TdH ETF was somewhat similar to yours in that my thoughts on the fragrance itself in the early stages was kinda meh, but I had been at the mall and Sephora that day sampling multiple fragrances and that can be a tough way to judge a new fragrance. TdH ETF was what I had sprayed on myself (2 sprays) and I couldn't really detect later as I was walking around the mall. By the time I got home, though, and was doing my thing I began to notice pleasant wafts of the fragrance as I was moving about the house and this was a few hours later in the day.

Remik is spot on with his comments about projection and longevity. I think the thing with this flanker is that it is similar to the original without some of its more dominant components (vetiver and the pungent citrus). Still, I don't see this as simply a tamed down version of the original, it has body, projection, and longevity as has been stated, but it's simply much better suited for the heat than the original IMO. I've been wearing this one more than any other fragrance the past couple of weeks, and it's my favorite fragrance right now. I love it.

I now use 20 sprays to drench myself in it and it lasts all day without ever becoming cloying in the heat. One spray judgements are not valid, sorry.

I now use 20 sprays to drench myself in it and it lasts all day without ever becoming cloying in the heat. One spray judgements are not valid, sorry.
    I love your gusto and exceptional approach to this wonderful fragrance, but can't we at least acknowledge that one spray judgements are perhaps 5% valid?

I tried this in London not long ago now. I wasn't impressed at all. Total flanker - the original Terre was way better than this.
    It is very weak for me too, but Marais may have a point. If you shower in the EdT it may just last. After all, that's probably why it's sold in a 125ml bottle.

tefg, my initial impression of TdH ETF was somewhat similar to yours in that my thoughts on the fragrance itself in the early stages was kinda meh, but I had been at the mall and Sephora that day sampling multiple fragrances and that can be a tough way to judge a new fragrance. TdH ETF was what I had sprayed on myself (2 sprays) and I couldn't really detect later as I was walking around the mall. By the time I got home, though, and was doing my thing I began to notice pleasant wafts of the fragrance as I was moving about the house and this was a few hours later in the day.

Remik is spot on with his comments about projection and longevity. I think the thing with this flanker is that it is similar to the original without some of its more dominant components (vetiver and the pungent citrus). Still, I don't see this as simply a tamed down version of the original, it has body, projection, and longevity as has been stated, but it's simply much better suited for the heat than the original IMO. I've been wearing this one more than any other fragrance the past couple of weeks, and it's my favorite fragrance right now. I love it.
    I was having a day testing new ones as well. I purposely didn't want any CDG Wonderoud on my skin as I felt that might impair my judgement on anything else I tried. I'll definitely try the TDH again..

I love your gusto and exceptional approach to this wonderful fragrance, but can't we at least acknowledge that one spray judgements are perhaps 5% valid?
    I can't argue with your maths, granted

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    I tried this in London not long ago now. I wasn't impressed at all. Total flanker - the original Terre was way better than this.
    It is very weak for me too, but Marais may have a point. If you shower in the EdT it may just last. After all, that's probably why it's sold in a 125ml bottle.
    Redneck mentioned it somewhere as the reason for the big bottle, to spray generously, which is why I do. And it works. Now it's my number 1 summer fragrance and adequate consolation for temporarily dropping my fave heavy hitters

Here in SoCal where our summer days are already in 110F+, it works beautifully!! I still am trying to figure out how this one, despite being "lighter" than the original TdH, seems to be stronger and longer lasting in the heat. Its performance is fantastic! It's one of the best flankers (from any house) I've tried (and bought) in a very, very long time.
    Now it's my number 1 summer fragrance and adequate consolation for temporarily dropping my fave heavy hitters
    I`ve decided to return to review this scent, having worn it frequently over this summer, and have to concur with Remik & Marais...

Unlike Marais, I get great projection/longevity for over 5 hours with this juice, using only three sprays. Despite it being an hesperidic fragrance, its` performance is outstanding, especially in humid weather. It must also be noted that this scent garners its` fair share of compliments from both men & women, and is quite office friendly. This is quickly ranking as one of the better releases of the year, proving as I've mentioned prior in this thread, that Ellena is leaving his HermŤs throne with a bang!

Have you appreciated this scent over this summer? Has anyone done a 180į on their opinion of it?

Basenotes Institution

I smelled it for the 1st time on Saturday, at Sephora. I loved it. I wish it was more affordable.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I get a Marmalade vibe with this one. Not sure why but the Orange comes across that way to me. Not sure I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I wish it was more affordable.
    Hopefully, if sucessful in its' launch, we`ll see eventual variations in bottle sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I get a Marmalade vibe with this one.
    That's not so far fetched, as I can see how you get that impression.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I get a Marmalade vibe with this one. Not sure why but the Orange comes across that way to me. Not sure I like it.
    Yes! I love that part. Like those thick-cut orange marmalade

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Yes! I love that part. Like those thick-cut orange marmalade

Yep! That's exactly what I was getting at. Glad it's not just me!

I absolutely love this. I've always owned TdH and just ran out, and I've always wanted Bigarade Concentree but never thought the longevity was worth the cost. I can absolutely get both in one, and more, with Eau Tres Fraiche. A couple people have mentioned the dirty element in this, and I really get that, a lot - more than in BC which definitely has it as well. I also smell the white tennis ball rubber smell I've always smelled in BC. There's just so much of the Bigarade Concentree DNA in this it's unbelievable. I also get a sort of muted grey civet/indole impression way way way way way down in there that smells separate from the cumin. Anyone else? Hm. Anyway, this is a huge success in my opinion.

Tried it again recently, still finding it weak on my skin so I'll pass on this I think.

Redneck mentioned it somewhere as the reason for the big bottle, to spray generously, which is why I do. And it works. Now it's my number 1 summer fragrance and adequate consolation for temporarily dropping my fave heavy hitters
    The edt and pure parfum versions do come even in a 200ml bottle but not for the reason of spraying 20x each time, lol
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Jacques Bogart: Bogart Pour Homme (2004)
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Basenotes Junkie

Been wearing this frequently lately and really liking it. Totally get the Bigarade Concentree vibe. I haven't worn both side by side yet, but I'm inclined to say they're kissing cousins.

Also, performance has been surprisingly good for me as well. Whole work day longevity, the couple of times I've worn it to the office. Very office-friendly and girlfriend friendly as well.

I'm calling this one a win all the way around for me. It could be a tad cheaper than the rack price, but as was pointed out a couple of posts above, it does appear to be on stock at Fragrancenet for about $75. At that price point it's pretty much a no-brainer. I may go ahead with a backup bottle.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by JourneymanDave View Post
    I'm calling this one a win all the way around for me. It could be a tad cheaper than the rack price, but as was pointed out a couple of posts above, it does appear to be on stock at Fragrancenet for about $75. At that price point it's pretty much a no-brainer. I may go ahead with a backup bottle.
    Yup, same exact experience here - I love it and find it very similar to Bigarade Concentree, at a fraction of the cost. I got a backup bottle in a swap couple of weeks ago, before fragnet got it in stock. At $75 for a monster 4.2oz bottle, it's a no brainer indeed. Very well done summer scent, with excellent longevity - a tough one to accomplish for anything citrus based!

I sampled TdHETF yesterday and I found myself really debating a purchase. Longevity is outstanding. I got at least 8 hours from 2 sprays of sampling it on my arm. The issue I have with it is that it may be too simple of a scent for my taste. After an hour or two, it becomes a simple but very well done citrus that is a bit on the bright side, whereas TdH Parfum evolves (after many hours) into a darker, richer orange/citrus accord.

I don't get woods from TdH Fraiche (Eau Tres? Eau Em Gee!). I get a simple citrus and spices, but the spices fade away after a few hours.

#1: I suspect that many are getting olfactory fatigue from this one. I know I did. I assumed it was gone by the five hour mark, but as I was doing my dishes late last night, I got a huge boom of this stuff. That makes sense, as I was hovering over a sink with hot water creating heat and humidity - which leads me to my next point.

#2: If summers are humid where you live, this stuff could be excellent. It has great longevity, and it seems better suited to humid heat rather than a dry heat.

#3: This could be an outstanding scent to layer with. I'm not big on layering, but every now and then I find myself wishing a scent had a bit of something extra, and TdHETF is an easy extra to add since it's almost entirely a consistent citrus accord. I bet this could smell amazing with Royal Oud, and TdHETF with Molecule 01 is a no-brainer.

#4: Don't hate me for saying this, but... TdHETF would make an outstanding room freshener. I sprayed paper with it yesterday and was surprised by how much the smell wafted through the room - but it did so in a subtle, inviting way. It didn't smell like perfume, but it didn't smell like a cleaning product or air freshener either. It just smelled inviting and nice. I was so surprised.

I'm starting a 1 Week Challenge today, but I plan on revisiting TdHETF in early September. For $115, this is a pass for me, but if it shows up on fragrancenet again for $75, I could be tempted.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    The issue I have with it is that it may be too simple of a scent for my taste. After an hour or two, it becomes a simple but very well done citrus that is a bit on the bright side, whereas TdH Parfum evolves (after many hours) into a darker, richer orange/citrus accord.
    Remember - this is supposed to be a fresh, summer scent, not a heavy, cold weather scent. Bright, fresh, natural citrus, devoid of heavy woods, ambers, smoke, etc, is exactly what such summery creation calls for. It's not a negative point, it's a POSITIVE one - it really hits all the right marks for a nice, fresh, bright, and very long lasting summer, hot weather fragrance.

For $115, this is a pass for me, but if it shows up on fragrancenet again for $75, I could be tempted.
    When it first came out I bought it at the full price and have zero regrets. The second bottle (backup!) I got was in a swap. Fragrancenet had it for $75 a few days ago, but they seem to be out at the moment. When they get it back in stock - it's a steal at $75 for 4.2oz bottle!

Can anybody compare TdHETF to Orange Sanguine by Atelier?
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

It smells like orange juice that lasts a couple of hours. Extremely simple.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Sampled this, then promptly went back and bought this. It's not a clinically clean citrus, there's a little bit of dirt there, but it's a great citrus and it has a longevity that is admirable.

I might eventually trade off my TdH in favor of this now.

For me, it was love at the first sight with this fragrance.

After a few days of use, the longevity is around 4 hours (2 sprays on the chest, 1 behind each ear), 5 at best, with a decreasing projection, strong to quite moderate. The opening with the orange citrus scent lasts 1 to 2 hours, then it leaves room to a vaguely greenish ozonic citrus/orange scent, that stays close to the skin. With my skin chemistry, I guess the longevity can be improved by increasing the number of sprays. But overall this fragrance fits my demands.

Basenotes Plus

I love TdHETF - it's extremely well made, very natural, very long lasting for a citrus based fragrance (I get 8+ hours easily). I've tried OS a while back but the orange note did not do anything for me - my recollection is that the orange was a little artificial, sort of "orange juice in a box" vibe. I own two large bottles of TdHETF, and zero bottles of OS... if that puts things in perspective. ;-)