Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Member

Default Re: zodiac sign perfume

Libra - Woody Orientals

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    What do you guys think about using perfumes that adapt to your zodiac sign? Any of you have this in mind?
    Which fragrange or type of fragrance would adapt to Taurus people? (that's me)
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Never thought about fragrance in association with my zodiac sign honestly.
    Same here...LOL

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Leevancleef View Post
    no i think this could work, you guys are missing the connection between zodiac characteristics and scent.

i.e. take the star sign of leo : a scent that would suit a leo would be a powerhouse scent, a scent that is strong, makes a statement, even somewhat overbearing, leo's love the stage, they love to be heard. Now take scorpio who is much more introverted , dark and hidden. Adapt fragrance characteristics to zodiac characteristics and there you have it. Each zodiac sign would have a certain type of scent, some loud in your face, some very subdued, some sophisticated and some youthful, etc etc.
    It could certainly work from a marketing point of view...

Someone has already done it. CnR Create, based in Vienna.

For the record, I am Pisces and I cannot stand most Aquatics!

So yes, it's bunkum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post

So yes, it's bunkum.

The scents that fits your personality, have nothing to do with the element to which your sign belongs

Basenotes Plus

So yes, it's bunkum.

Thanks for solving this dilemma

So yes, it's bunkum.
    At first it does seem like a good opportunity to capitalize on the gullible, especially if there's some implicit promise of the scent magically boosting some set of characteristics associated with a zodiac sign. But it's actually counterintuitive for the reason you mentioned. What if an Aries thinks that their designated scent smells vile and they want Leo instead? A smarter move might be to create a "zodiac" line, complete with the marketing tosh that you might expect, but each scent purchased could come with twelve sticky labels, and that way you choose the scent you like and then stick whatever zodiac you want on it. Also, if you go off the scent a bit and decide to give it away, just replace the label with that of the recipients chosen/allocated sign, and bingo, a new zodiac fragrance is born.

Wouldn't be difficult at all to match scents to zodiac signs, it depends on how much you believe in zodiac characteristics or understand them or how personal they are to you . But it wouldnt be hard at all and I think it would be accurate enough

i.e. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a typical Leo. He likes power, he likes the spot light, he likes luxury, his extroverted i guess. He wouldn't wear something like Musc Ravageur that is risky and may make him lose face, on the other had Aventus would be perfect. Its a powerfull, luxurious, scent that demands respect etc.

Leonardo Di Caprio is a Scorpio, also a powerful sign but very introverted sign, deep, hidden, sensitive , its the type of sign that doesn't like the spot light a great deal but is nevertheless a veyr deep and intense sign. So whats deep and intense with out being too extroverted ?? etc etc and so on and so on.

Some signs are a bit more airy, flighty, superficial, so it's easy to match really and I think wouldnt' be that far off the mark.

And by the way Napolean was a leo....Aventus all the way

Basenotes Plus

It might be accurate for those more into Zodiac signs than fragrance - I certainly don't see it working for me as my stuff is totally across the spectrum and will remain that way (and I'm not a Gemini)

Quote Originally Posted by Leevancleef View Post
    i.e. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a typical Leo. He likes power, he likes the spot light, he likes luxury, his extroverted i guess.
    You see, I'm a Leo and I'm the polar opposite to those characteristics. I want a new sign :P

As a Capricorn I prefer to pick perfumes using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Today I'm wearing Rochas Femme.

If you really wish to go down the road of zodiac signs, there is a book about perfumes that does just that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfume-Zodi.../dp/1853754056

Zodiac? Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows its all about precepts of the Chinese zodiac, blood type, extispication, phrenology and rolfing.

After some searching may I have found my signature fragrance ,lol; anyone knows Centaure by Pierre Cardin?Yes I´m a Sagitarium guy!

Quote Originally Posted by döfä91 View Post
    Which fragrange or type of fragrance would adapt to Taurus people? (that's me)
    Ok i did some research and according to my zodiac signs (Sun in Taurus/Virgo Rising sign), i should be into masculine florals. But that's not the case. Honestly i don't believe in astrology/zodiac but imo astrology has some entertainment value.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Signature: Rochas Macassar (Nicolas Mamounas / Roger Pellegrino, 1980)

Current Top 7:

Chanel Antaeus (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1981)
    Terre d' Hermes EDT (2006-2009) (Jean-Claude Ellena, 2006)
    Green Irish Tweed (Probably Oliver Creed / Pierre Bourdon, 1985)
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (Gilles Romey, 1993)
    Bleu de Chanel EDP (Jaques Polge, 2014)
    Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme (vtg) (Max Gavary, 1994)
    Chanel Allure Homme (vtg) (Jaques Polge, 1999)
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Basenotes Plus

It's certainly a fairly entertaining thread

It's a nice and fun idea and don't let some rude snobbish people who have't enough sense to understand the idea of the tread tell you otherwise. Not every zodiac under the same sign will have similar tastes but most may, you never know. I'm a Scorpio and I love a wide variety of fragrances but not the dark, overpowering, too earthy and pungent smells. Oh and I don't like many of the aquatics either so that cuts out the water sign and aquatic fragrance relation for me.

PS. I prefer the chinese horoscope, much better IMO.

Jennifer Lawrence is a Leo and I think her favorite scent is Interlude Man. Don't know how many spritz she had but she again fell on the red carpet.

Love her.

Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    It's a nice and fun idea and don't let some rude snobbish people who have't enough sense to understand the idea of the tread tell you otherwise. Not every zodiac under the same sign will have similar tastes but most may, you never know. I'm a Scorpio and I love a wide variety of fragrances but not the dark, overpowering, too earthy and pungent smells. Oh and I don't like many of the aquatics either so that cuts out the water sign and aquatic fragrance relation for me.

PS. I prefer the chinese horoscope, much better IMO.
    my son is also Scorpion and loves Bvlgari pour Homme which is nice but for me is very weak do you like Bvlgari ?

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    my son is also Scorpion and loves Bvlgari pour Homme which is nice but for me is very weak do you like Bvlgari ?
    It's nice but too weak for me as well, I prefer the ones that are soft but with a mild to strong silage.