Code of Conduct

Default zodiac sign perfume

What do you guys think about using perfumes that adapt to your zodiac sign? Any of you have this in mind?

Default Re: zodiac sign perfume

No ....

Next

No. Next...

For example: you are Aquarius, what are the scents that best fits your personality?

It's a novel idea, ckcampus - is someone using it as a marketing tool?

If so, I'll still pass thanks because it just depends on the day, or whatever samples have arrived, for me to make a choice on what to wear.
    Last edited by lpp; 28th February 2014 at 09:23 AM.

Ok, my question is this: there are thousands of perfumes divided into categories like, oriental,aromatic, spicy, etc., you like a scent and hate others who in turn are loved by others, can I shorten the search of a perfume that suits me if I will start rejecting those who will have less likelihood of like if I know what kind of notes should I look for in a perfume?

Basenotes Plus

Capricorn. Never really fancied smelling like a goat - pass.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    yes and Aquarium just love acquatic fragrances, this is not the way I wanted your advice about: Thank you.

If you know what notes you like it can help but sometimes a perfumer will compose a scent using a note that never appealed before with unusual results, so testing is really the way to find out what might be suitable.
    Last edited by lpp; 28th February 2014 at 12:56 PM.

Never thought about fragrance in association with my zodiac sign honestly.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

It's a better idea than the current Blood Concept range of fragrances that are selling. From a marketing point of view I'm sure it could be a winner with people buying it for peoples birthday. I think it would appeal to the public more than fragrance afficionados here on basenotes.

My idea is not to advise me any brand of perfume in particular, but which group I would like more, such as, oriental, citrus, spicy, leather, etc.: I'm Sagittarius and there will be others with the same sign; the idea was to see if there were trends among various groups of signs and aromas, for example if Leo guys like leather scents,etc, but it seems that was not a good idea ...

I think it's a silly concept and nobody will take it seriously. There may a be a little entertainment value to it though.

I am not familiar with zodiac personality traits, so I wouldn't know how to give suggestions. How are Sagittari supposed to be?

For what it's worth, I am a Taurus, I like heavy and classic scents, leathers and animalics.

cacio

I did see this in the old John Oakes book way back. I am Pieces and have the horror of aquatics and being a water sign no doubt that is what I will get.

Pieces dreamy fish etc is what you read. Hey, a shark is a fish you know. Show me your teeth.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    My idea is not to advise me any brand of perfume in particular, but which group I would like more, such as, oriental, citrus, spicy, leather, etc.: I'm Sagittarius and there will be others with the same sign; the idea was to see if there were trends among various groups of signs and aromas, for example if Leo guys like leather scents,etc, but it seems that was not a good idea ...

I'm Sagittarius too & I like all sorts - except aquatics & candy floss or super sickly stuff - but that's most likely just personal preference.

I agree with Jack re. appeal of the marketing angle 'though.

The whole Zodiac worship is ridiculous to me. They state generalities like intelligent, cunning, loyal, blah, blah, blah. They're qualities we all like to believe we have. It's an ego stroking. So to base a perfume off an already idiotic and incompetent gage of personality traits is absurd to put it politely. It's akin to following fortune cookie blabbings.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

You also need a line tailored to the Chinese zodiac if you want to really capitalize.

Next!
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Have most likely used fragrances that possibly cover the entire spectrum of zodiacal signs. However, being Leo, I also notice to a strong preference for Mediterranean, citrus or otherwise "solar" fragrances.

I think what would be better would be a range of fragrances named after the Gods of Olympus. So you would have a aquatic named after Poseidon God of the sea, Zeus we could have a Fougere, Aphrodite would be a wonderful name for a beguiling floral for women, Hercules a green and earthy scent. Etc lol

I believe almost all of us use several types of fragrances, but there are those who marked us and those who just bought ... I will definitely not buy a cologne see on the Net which is indicated for Sagittarius but there were several Sagittarius guys who used a particular group of scents would be a clu

Basenotes Member

im aquarius and i like mostly aromatics and gourmand rich fragrances .

So ckampus needs a bunch of Sagittarians to come forward now....

No, I do not need, I will continue with my Aramis, Jazz, Givenchy and Guerlain which remain the fragrances that give more pleasure to use ; I just need a little help to replace my beloved Good Life,thank you all

I think this is an amazing idea. I think if a truly talented nose were to study the zodiac and create a perfume for each one that encompasses what each zodiac is like, it'd be out of this world.

I don't believe Zodiac signs have an effect on individuals' sense of smell, tastes and dislikes. Nor do I believe Zodiac signs are anything more than complete bs. Hence, I don't see how a person's Zodiac sign is a factor in his/her perfume preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    LOL! Jon, that would be very animalic.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Member

Cancer the Crab here!

I couldn't tell you one thing about perfumery and zodiac signs, their associations, etc. what I do know is that my personality almost perfectly fits the Cancer description.

As for perfume, I will always reach for a sweet fragrance first. This is my personal taste showing. On the flip side, I've fallen for Vetiver scents. I can't get enough of them! I don't prefer aquatics, but I will wear them. And I think Vetiver will be my go to scent this spring/summer.

One scent I try to stay far away from...florals! I always get a physical reaction when wearing a floral dominant perfume....think Chanel Egoiste Platinum

I'm a scorpion. I guess it'd be nettle leaves. Because they sting lol.

Or a dog in the Chinese calendar. Lol

for swap/sale:

no i think this could work, you guys are missing the connection between zodiac characteristics and scent.

i.e. take the star sign of leo : a scent that would suit a leo would be a powerhouse scent, a scent that is strong, makes a statement, even somewhat overbearing, leo's love the stage, they love to be heard. Now take scorpio who is much more introverted , dark and hidden. Adapt fragrance characteristics to zodiac characteristics and there you have it. Each zodiac sign would have a certain type of scent, some loud in your face, some very subdued, some sophisticated and some youthful, etc etc.

Basenotes Member

Libra - Woody Orientals

What do you guys think about using perfumes that adapt to your zodiac sign? Any of you have this in mind?
    Which fragrange or type of fragrance would adapt to Taurus people? (that's me)
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Never thought about fragrance in association with my zodiac sign honestly.
    Same here...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Leevancleef View Post
    no i think this could work, you guys are missing the connection between zodiac characteristics and scent.

i.e. take the star sign of leo : a scent that would suit a leo would be a powerhouse scent, a scent that is strong, makes a statement, even somewhat overbearing, leo's love the stage, they love to be heard. Now take scorpio who is much more introverted , dark and hidden. Adapt fragrance characteristics to zodiac characteristics and there you have it. Each zodiac sign would have a certain type of scent, some loud in your face, some very subdued, some sophisticated and some youthful, etc etc.
    It could certainly work from a marketing point of view...

Someone has already done it. CnR Create, based in Vienna.

For the record, I am Pisces and I cannot stand most Aquatics!

So yes, it's bunkum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andym72 View Post

So yes, it's bunkum.

The scents that fits your personality, have nothing to do with the element to which your sign belongs

So yes, it's bunkum.

Thanks for solving this dilemma

So yes, it's bunkum.
    At first it does seem like a good opportunity to capitalize on the gullible, especially if there's some implicit promise of the scent magically boosting some set of characteristics associated with a zodiac sign. But it's actually counterintuitive for the reason you mentioned. What if an Aries thinks that their designated scent smells vile and they want Leo instead? A smarter move might be to create a "zodiac" line, complete with the marketing tosh that you might expect, but each scent purchased could come with twelve sticky labels, and that way you choose the scent you like and then stick whatever zodiac you want on it. Also, if you go off the scent a bit and decide to give it away, just replace the label with that of the recipients chosen/allocated sign, and bingo, a new zodiac fragrance is born.

Wouldn't be difficult at all to match scents to zodiac signs, it depends on how much you believe in zodiac characteristics or understand them or how personal they are to you . But it wouldnt be hard at all and I think it would be accurate enough

i.e. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a typical Leo. He likes power, he likes the spot light, he likes luxury, his extroverted i guess. He wouldn't wear something like Musc Ravageur that is risky and may make him lose face, on the other had Aventus would be perfect. Its a powerfull, luxurious, scent that demands respect etc.

Leonardo Di Caprio is a Scorpio, also a powerful sign but very introverted sign, deep, hidden, sensitive , its the type of sign that doesn't like the spot light a great deal but is nevertheless a veyr deep and intense sign. So whats deep and intense with out being too extroverted ?? etc etc and so on and so on.

Some signs are a bit more airy, flighty, superficial, so it's easy to match really and I think wouldnt' be that far off the mark.

And by the way Napolean was a leo....Aventus all the way

It might be accurate for those more into Zodiac signs than fragrance - I certainly don't see it working for me as my stuff is totally across the spectrum and will remain that way (and I'm not a Gemini)

Quote Originally Posted by Leevancleef View Post
    i.e. Arnold Schwarzenegger is a typical Leo. He likes power, he likes the spot light, he likes luxury, his extroverted i guess.
    You see, I'm a Leo and I'm the polar opposite to those characteristics. I want a new sign :P

As a Capricorn I prefer to pick perfumes using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. Today I'm wearing Rochas Femme.

If you really wish to go down the road of zodiac signs, there is a book about perfumes that does just that http://www.amazon.co.uk/Perfume-Zodi.../dp/1853754056

Zodiac? Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows its all about precepts of the Chinese zodiac, blood type, extispication, phrenology and rolfing.

After some searching may I have found my signature fragrance ,lol; anyone knows Centaure by Pierre Cardin?Yes I´m a Sagitarium guy!

Quote Originally Posted by döfä91 View Post
    Which fragrange or type of fragrance would adapt to Taurus people? (that's me)
    Ok i did some research and according to my zodiac signs (Sun in Taurus/Virgo Rising sign), i should be into masculine florals. But that's not the case. Honestly i don't believe in astrology/zodiac but imo astrology has some entertainment value.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

It's certainly a fairly entertaining thread

It's a nice and fun idea and don't let some rude snobbish people who have't enough sense to understand the idea of the tread tell you otherwise. Not every zodiac under the same sign will have similar tastes but most may, you never know. I'm a Scorpio and I love a wide variety of fragrances but not the dark, overpowering, too earthy and pungent smells. Oh and I don't like many of the aquatics either so that cuts out the water sign and aquatic fragrance relation for me.

PS. I prefer the chinese horoscope, much better IMO.

Basenotes Plus

Jennifer Lawrence is a Leo and I think her favorite scent is Interlude Man. Don't know how many spritz she had but she again fell on the red carpet.

Love her.

Quote Originally Posted by craniumbash View Post
    It's a nice and fun idea and don't let some rude snobbish people who have't enough sense to understand the idea of the tread tell you otherwise. Not every zodiac under the same sign will have similar tastes but most may, you never know. I'm a Scorpio and I love a wide variety of fragrances but not the dark, overpowering, too earthy and pungent smells. Oh and I don't like many of the aquatics either so that cuts out the water sign and aquatic fragrance relation for me.

PS. I prefer the chinese horoscope, much better IMO.
    my son is also Scorpion and loves Bvlgari pour Homme which is nice but for me is very weak do you like Bvlgari ?

my son is also Scorpion and loves Bvlgari pour Homme which is nice but for me is very weak do you like Bvlgari ?
    It's nice but too weak for me as well, I prefer the ones that are soft but with a mild to strong silage.