Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intence Versitility? Olny night/winter?

I was thinking about buying Dior Homme Intence but I wanted to ask if you guys have any success with wearing this in the warmer weather... I have been to 3 malls in Northern California and cannot find it anywhere to sample so I'm going to blind buy it. I love Dior Homme 2011 and Dior Homme Eau so I know I will enjoy it. I was just hoping that it I would be able to enjoy it in the day time as I rarely go out at night and can I wear it with success in warmer climates. I have experienced that some fragrances specified as "night" and "winter" fragrances - like Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense can be enjoyed in the day and warmer climates... What do you guys think about wearing DHI in the day time or in warmer temperatures? Do please share your experience I would appreciate it! Thanks so much my friends!
    Last edited by lunchbox148; 1st March 2014 at 04:37 AM.

Default Re: Dior Homme Intence Versitility? Olny night/winter?

In Northern Cali I think you'll be fine. The climate is rather temperate. I wear DHI all year, I just go lighter on the sprays if it's warm.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

DHI for me is also an all season scent without any problems.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If you're looking for all-season versatility, you already have it in Dior Homme. You'll find that DHI is similar, but more like an emphasis on and amplification of the base of Dior Homme. For me, its richness is better suited to evenings out, whereas I can wear Dior Homme almost any time -- office, dates, weekends, winter, summer. You've already got the best, in my opinion. That said, if you nab DHI, enjoy it as well -- it's very nice.

Where in NorCal are you? There's a Dior boutique in SF where you can sample it and buy for $72...

I live in Lathrop: near Stockton, I just bought it on amazon like 5 minutes ago!! lol How much sprays is too much for the spring weather coming up? I go with 5 sprays with Dior Homme: 1 on each side of the neck, 1 on base of neck, 1 behind head on my hair, and 1 on my shirt this is perfect for me. How much for Dior Homme Intence is too much?? please do still stay with my original question sorry just had to slip that question in! Thanks so much fellas I really appreciate your help!!!
    Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

I always use 2 half sprays to the wrist and neck and 1 full on the chest. Love the Dior Atomizers!
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Less is more with DHI (and most fragrances, in my opinion). Try two sprays (both on the chest, or maybe one on the chest and one on the back of the neck) and see how that goes.

In my opinion, with very few sprays, this fragrance could work in any weather, during any time of the day and with almost any outfits.

i use this in the indian summers

the lipstick note really takes off from the skin unlike cold weather where it hugs the skin...in summers, i have fun with the lipstick note projection ahead of me and bopping people on the face hehe

certainly wearable in summer with a few lesser sprays around three or so and it remains discreet

Dior Homme IntenSe is more of a night-out scent for me. Weather its warm or cold doesn't make a difference. Dior Homme and Dior Homme Sport are both more versatile and work in all seasons. I would use DH/DHS during the day and some nights, keeping DHI for parties and dinners.

It's more of a sensual/sexy type of fragrance whereas Dior Homme is more along the lines of elegant/classy. Both of these are going to get attention, but I think DHI is more of a statement making fragrance so just keep that in mind when your wearing it.