Code of Conduct

Default Need advice on a Long lasting frangrance VERY similar to Gucci Pour Homme II 2

Hi all, I recently bought a 3.3oz of Gucci pour homme ii 2 and I just cannot seem to get it to last no matter how many sprays I wear. I know that most colognes as well as this are EU de toilette which is not long lasting and I really don't have the money for parfum either. I was wondering if you guys know of a nice frangrancw that is almost identical or at the very least extremely similar to gphII BUT lasts. I understand thatfor eu de toilette my options are limited but give me some ideas

Default Re: Need advice on a Long lasting frangrance VERY similar to Gucci Pour Homme II 2

You just might find what you are looking for in one of these three informative past threads. Good luck! By the way, Welcome to you!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/221...-Pour-Homme-II

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/316...-Pour-Homme-II

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/371...tion-longevity
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: Need advice on a Long lasting frangrance VERY similar to Gucci Pour Homme II 2

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Look no further than Hanae Mori HiM in EDP concentration. It's a dead ringer for GpH II and lasts 12+ hours on skin.
    I agree with this. Make sure you get HiM and not the regular HM. Two different fragrances.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...erruti-TheVert

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti, The Vert) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Look no further than Hanae Mori HiM in EDP concentration. It's a dead ringer for GpH II and lasts 12+ hours on skin.
    Yup, great fragrance.

+1 on the HiM. I was astounded at the resemblance; plus, it comes in EDP strength if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Basenotes Plus

I think HiM is inferior though. I could definitely tell the difference in quality between the two even though they have similar qualities.

Perhaps also YSL M7 Fresh

Basenotes Plus

agreed 100% -- Hanae Mori HiM in the EdP is quite good and has great longevity as well as being quite similar to GPH II.

Thank you ALL you guys! I love Gucci pour homme 2 but it does NOT I repeat does not stay on my for over 30 mins lol. Actually I can't smell it even if I put 15 plus sprays on. And no its not overwhelming to the people around me when I put that on. They can still only Smell it is they are literally clinging next to me. Why must this fragrance be so wonderful but its scentjust does not come out?! Ugh

Basenotes Plus

You may be spraying it too much, actually, and fall victim to the dreaded olfactory fatigue. Try fewer sprays, and try spraying your clothes for better longevity.

If that still fails, definitely try Hanae Mori HiM EDP, it's very very close to GpH II and it lasts all day and then some. I own both of these and for most intents and purposes, they are pretty much interchangeable.

I have only been into fragrances for 7 months and Gucci pour homme 2 is one of my favorites . I also have the same problem with it not lasting very long . Im going to give Hanae Mori HiM a try as well.

You may be spraying it too much, actually, and fall victim to the dreaded olfactory fatigue. Try fewer sprays, and try spraying your clothes for better longevity.

If that still fails, definitely try Hanae Mori HiM EDP, it's very very close to GpH II and it lasts all day and then some. I own both of these and for most intents and purposes, they are pretty much interchangeable.
    YeAh I've tried spraying it on my clothing as well, but I honestly can't smell it almost at all. my friends all say the same thing too. So sad its such an amazing fragrance but just does not smell much at all! I'm ordering some Him right now and I'll see what its like. I actually ended up returning the gphII because of it not being a strong scent. So sad because I liked it so much but I'm going to look if I can find a bottle for cheaper online since it was $85 at ulta. I see I can get it on ebay and amazon for about $55 so I may do that. But I'll let you know how the him works out first once it arrives

Just received my HIM hanae Mori in the mail this morning and I LOVE IT. my advice to anyone in the same situation as me, BUY THIS! it really is so identical to Gucci pour homme ii I honestly can't tell the difference except that it lasts much longer and is a little more potent on the prohectio. A plus plus hanae mori

Banned

what you are looking for is

Dsquared2 Ocean Wet Wood

I have never smelt, let alone heard of that before. Is that new?

WOW I received my Hanae Mori HiM and it smells exactly like Gucci Pour Homme 2 , I can still smell it on me the next day and even after a shower. I love this !

One of a kind IMO.

Why do I not see the connection here? My friend gave me a case pack of samples from when HiM launched, I'll have to revisit.
    I don't have longevity issues with gph2 though.