Code of Conduct

Default S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 1 March 2014.

Hi everyone - have a lovely day!

Ancient Resins - Aftelier.

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Saturday, 1 March 2014.

Welcome to March!

The usual Saturday food shopping took delightful turn when I ran into one of the chorus singers from Tosca at my local fromagarie. We spent half and hour in the cold room sampling cheeses and discussing the merits of opera composers and current sopranos which was a blessed relief from the heat and an absolute treat for me.

I thought I’d share this article about my little corner of the world. It mentions many of my favourite places to eat/hang/shop/visit. Subiaco markets and Mount Lawley being two places I visited today for food and flowers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/02/tr...alia.html?_r=0

Mitsouko 80’s EdT tonight. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Hello all. Tom Ford Violet Blond.
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

Xscent I enjoyed the article! Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your part of the world. Beautiful.

SOTD is Caron Parfum Sacré. Wish you all a lovely day.

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling Jean Pascal Quimbaya Homme today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Blog Entries

Hi all,

Not yet scented today, but planning to do a little decanting this afternoon, so l'm bound to get a few drops of various spring florals on myself.

Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Hello all,

Ysatis for me today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Could I ask for an advance on my BN hug allotment? It would really help me out this day. Thanks.
    Mr. Quarry and I have suffered the quelching of a heartfelt dream we had been trying to make happen.
    Next week I'll tell you the tale, which I promise to be more entertaining than an O'Henry story.

For the first time in months, I selected to wear Bond No. 9 ILNY for Mothers. Didn't want anything the slightest melancholy. The tangerine and musk are sort of perky and comforting.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Aoud Fever by Montale

Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Could I ask for an advance on my BN hug allotment? It would really help me out this day. Thanks.
    Mr. Quarry and I have suffered the quelching of a heartfelt dream we had been trying to make happen.
    Next week I'll tell you the tale, which I promise to be more entertaining than an O'Henry story.

For the first time in months, I selected to wear Bond No. 9 ILNY for Mothers. Didn't want anything the slightest melancholy. The tangerine and musk are sort of perky and comforting.
    (((((((Quarry)))))) <- biggest squish ever. Here's macaron tower and flowers and I'll send you more destruction photos soon. I'll leave Jon to rustle up some architecture eye candy.

Tdem I'm glad you enjoyed it, I feel pretty lucky calling it home.

Last edited by Xscent; 1st March 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

(((((quarry)))))

I was looking outside my bedroom window and saw my neighbour's young, slender mimosa tree sadly bent under the heavy rain that's falling since last night... I reached for my sample of Mimosa by Annick Goutal in its honour.

Have a nice weekend
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Hello-

I am wearing Samsara Extrait. I am going to see a Metropolitan Opera production of Prince Igor at the movie theater today. I will be in a state of bliss, I am sure.

Good morning, everyone -

We've got more Mardi Gras goings-on through the weekend, and it's suddenly like *springtime* here, 70s and sunny with a soft breeze and just an absolutely perfect day for the parades (the krewes of Endymion, Isis and Iris, the oldest women's Carnival organization in New Orleans, roll today) and various festivities ...and for Chamade, glorious vintage 70s parfum, plus a generous splash of edc. For sparkle.

Y'all have a fantastic day ...and laissez les bon temps rouler!

Oh no ((((Quarry)))), I'm *so* sorry for your disappointment - what a letdown. You never let on what exactly was happening, but I could tell it was very important to you, and I was so sure we'd get the whole story with a happy ending. But if your dream didn't come true this time, the odds are that much more in your favor of coming true next time ...little consolation right now, I know, but it helps to try and see right through the dense bleakness. I sure hope yours dissipates in a hurry. xo
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Basenotes Institution

Momma Quarry - ((bear hugs)) from Lakeland, FL. Bright, blue skies, weather is picture perfect. Be good to yourself today J.
    Xscent -wow, Perth looks beautiful. You're such a classy gal. I can't wait to come over and play at your house.

Gonna spend the day just chillin with my friends here at their beautiful new home. Watching TV, catching up on life and exploring their little tiny town. It's so QUIET at night here. I didn't realize how loud Miami is until you come to a quiet place like this. I slept like a baby.

Pulled out an old favorite and decanted it for my trip up here:

Granville by Christian Dior

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

(((((((((((((((((((((Quarry)))))))))))))))))))))
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Quarry! Come into my arms! Triple hug! \o/ \o/ \o/

Wearing nothing, drinking my tea and off to the horse for a lovely dose of Eau de Cheval.
    Then I will need to think of something else than ''Knowing''. I have a whole cupboard full of fragrances...
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Just one little hug

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Plus

Mrs Q -

Chypre Palatin.

Perth looks like a worthy candidate for the "to do" list. I wonder who we should hire as tour guide ?

(((Quarry))) Big big hugs. The loss of a dream is one of the hardest losses to cope with. Whatever it was, I'm so sorry it's not going to happen and I'm wishing something else even more wonderful to come along for you and Mr. Q, whenever the time's right.

Mike, so glad you are getting some much needed R&R and getting to catch up with old friends - there's nothing like it. Have a great time.

I've been to the gym this morning, in Bel Respiro, and to the grocery store, where the second person in 2 days told me I look just like Marisa Tomei. (Last night I was at a fundraising event in red lipstick; today, a hot mess in yoga pants and zero makeup so I really think it's something innate but I sure as hell don't see it.) Now, I've gotten this a lot from strangers since my early 20s, but 2 times in as many days is just a bit bizarre. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller

Good morning, all.

Hugs to Quarry from here. So sorry to hear of disappointment. I hope a new door will open.

I am sampling today. When bike riding, I wore Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, which was perfect for that. Now it's Comme des Garcons Kyoto, which I find peaceful.

Blog Entries

http://youtu.be/MNCzSfv4hX8

I don't know if this will post- A clip on the 'Lion Whisperer'. Since March came in like a lion.
    Estée Lauder-
    Vintage Private Collection

Last edited by kumquat; 1st March 2014 at 07:06 PM.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Sweet Redemption today. I'm on call for the hospital and we are getting ice and sleet at the moment ... sure hoping I don't get called in!

I'm so sorry, Quarry ... but don't give up just yet. Maybe your dream can be altered a little to make it reality? Hoping for the best!

I'm thinking about about buying a new Serge ... so here's a little informal poll: should I buy Daim Blond or Fleurs d'Oranger? I love both and they've been on my wish list for a while.

hugs to all (and an extra couple for Quarry!) ... I'm off to watch basketball ... go Jayhawks!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

Shades- I think you will get more wear from 'FdO'. I find the 'Daim Blond' has an odd quality that prevents me from going to it very often. It's good, but quirky. 'Fleurs D'Oranger' ​is just full on lovely, sexy orange blossom.

Blog Entries

(((((Quarry)))))

Maybe telling us the story will help, a little.

Today I'm wearing a sample of the new Jour de Fête I ordered from Parfum1 (they are also taking pre-orders for 100ml bottles, $100.) I still have lots of the old juice but I did want to sniff the new.

Further testing is necessary. I dabbed the sample generously on one wrist and sprayed lightly on the other with my old bottle, so take this with a grain of salt. I think I'll really need make both testing methods equal to test further-- decant both to an identical sample atomizer, perhaps.

For now, the new juice seems lighter, has less of the "Play Doh" quality, and I think I'm smelling citrus and musk. But I will test again.

Edit: I reapplied the sample vial more generously to compensate for its not being sprayed on. There probably wasn't any musk as I do not smell the in the dry down. As it dries down it smells more like the original. So the difference is primarily in the top notes, but it's not significant.

Bottom line-- if you love Jour de Fête, this new release is worth buying.
    Last edited by 30 Roses; 1st March 2014 at 11:04 PM.

All the best to you and yours, Quarry.

queen of the universe

((((Quarry))))

We are and will be here, darling.

Up and grouchy at 3 am, I donned Tabu perfume—in like a lioness. Woke up at 11, shamelessly walked into shul for the last 20 minutes of the service, mostly to catch up with friends.

Home for the evening in vintage Diorella.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

The Pour un Ete by L'Artisan

Silver Mountain Water, by Creed. It was seriously cold cold cold today.

L'Homme Intense Parfum by YSL

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sampling YSL Rive Gauche tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

I went for ''Silences'' from a sample, which I spilled all over me. Lovely scent, but not a lot of sillage on my skin, doesn't last very long either. It's already gone... Pity.

Jon, lovely photo!

― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Plus

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lw...me%20hug%20gif

{{{{{{{Quarry}}}}}}}

SOTD was Carthusia Via Camerelleperfumo. Beautiful!

We're getting ready for another blast of winter, snow, sleet, ice. Fingers crossed the power holds out.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Eau de Cat or Joy...too stanky of jasmine for me a bit..I guess a lot of ppl wore this? Everyone smelled of cat and jasmine I guess. I walked by hubs after a spritz and he sneezed, exclaiming it was the perfume. I said, ya, it's the feral cat funk, lol.
    Last edited by kalli; 2nd March 2014 at 05:03 AM.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18