Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default DIOR HOMME INTENSE: Blind Test NEW (9 batches, 2007-2013).

Dior Homme Intense is not a perfume, it's a rollercoaster ride. After the mid-year 2011 reformulation, we saw a U-turn back to origins, during year 2013. A pleasant news, since in 2013 it appeared exactly as in 2007. That's all right? Unfortunately not.
    Suddenly, during last months of 2013, the scent appeared to be reformulated again, with a change in color, less intense, less "ambery", and almost "transparent". Another change in formula?
    Let's go and see what happened.

http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspo...9-batches.html

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: DIOR HOMME INTENSE: Blind Test NEW (9 batches, 2007-2013).

Great blog. Thanks for all the info....

Your Work Monsieur Moreau is greatly duly noted....Thx for doing such a thorough job and keeping us peasants and commoners in the loop...lol
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I always appreciate the analysis on this one - though I've still yet to smell anything after 2010. I own three from 2007-2010. Sounds like vanilla was replaced with pear and then replaced back again with vanilla in most of 2013. This "vanilla cake" vibe that I love so much about DHI is apparently what disappeared after the reform. That and your comments on varying degrees of iris. I need to smell it and weigh in myself.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Great info in this last installment. Thanks.

(2496)
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

"Studying is Improving"
    ... in perfumery too!

Banned
    Blog Entries

It's a shame what they have done but thx for the info..

One of my top 5 fragrances. Dior is tinkering with a good one. Hope they don't eventually mess this one up.

Thank you for this update on the last 2013 DHI batches, André. Much appreciated

Really amazing fragrance...Suspense was going strong after the juice color change...Thankfully DHI retains its outstanding smell...for now

What about my DHI, it is 1V02 (2011-08). Might it be a more iris prominent type? Think it'd be worth it to try to get a 2013 DHI?
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 4th January 2014 at 08:49 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Thanks for the info. Knowledgeable insight about a great fragrance.

My first DHI is 3P02 from February 2013. At Christmas I got another one as a gift, 3V01 from August 2013. The only change I can see is that there is a bee printed in gloss black under the inner flap of the cover. I think they smell the same but perhaps the lavander seems a bit strongger in the late version. I would be glad if they were different. Also I only opened the second bottle in the hope of a change towards the 2007 original.

I think it's probable you got the iris-centered version.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    What about my DHI, it is 1V02 (2011-08). Might it be a more iris prominent type? Think it'd be worth it to try to get a 2013 DHI?

3P02 and 3V02 should smell the same, and very, very close to the 2007 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperonline View Post
    My first DHI is 3P02 from February 2013. At Christmas I got another one as a gift, 3V01 from August 2013. The only change I can see is that there is a bee printed in gloss black under the inner flap of the cover. I think they smell the same but perhaps the lavander seems a bit strongger in the late version. I would be glad if they were different. Also I only opened the second bottle in the hope of a change towards the 2007 original.

I'm relatively new the frag game and while I'm not into the whole batch code thing, I just read this thread and it got me wondering: a few minutes ago, bought a new bottle of DHI from the Dior Boutique here in LA and the batch code is 3NO1. Given that 2NO1 is from Jan 2012, is it safe to assume they 3NO1 is from Jan of this year?

According to http://checkcosmetic.net/ you are correct, 2N01 is from January 2012 and 3N01 from January 2013. Do you have the bee on the inner cover?

Quote Originally Posted by caferacer View Post
    I'm relatively new the frag game and while I'm not into the whole batch code thing, I just read this thread and it got me wondering: a few minutes ago, bought a new bottle of DHI from the Dior Boutique here in LA and the batch code is 3NO1. Given that 2NO1 is from Jan 2012, is it safe to assume they 3NO1 is from Jan of this year?
    Last edited by prosperonline; 4th January 2014 at 11:51 PM.

It means that all this time I've got a closer version to the original? I have always said that no matter if reformed or not my DHI was/is a very nice fragrance, qhen in fact I actually have a good batch/version? Althought it sounds a bit complicated the truth is DHI is a really ttreasure for me and I doubt paying more will give more satisfaction from a scent from the niche/higher end productions. I am very happy now ... Thanks a lot, Mr. Andrč

Quote Originally Posted by Andrč Moreau View Post
    3P02 and 3V02 should smell the same, and very, very close to the 2007 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by prosperonline View Post
    According to http://checkcosmetic.net/ you are correct, 2N01 is from January 2012 and 3N01 from January 2013. Do you have the bee on the inner cover?
    Thanks for that, prosperonline! I'll check on the bee and report back when I get home.

ETA: My batch does not have a bee printed anywhere on the packaging.
    Last edited by caferacer; 5th January 2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Added some info.

i have 3S01 (may 2013 according to checkcosmetic.net) - no bee on the inside cover,.. so thats a good one i suppose? (im a frag noob, i wouldnt know the difference)

Quote Originally Posted by petp View Post
    i have 3S01 (may 2013 according to checkcosmetic.net) - no bee on the inside cover,.. so thats a good one i suppose? (im a frag noob, i wouldnt know the difference)
    They're all good ones.

longtime lurker posting...

i got a couple of shop counter samples to try and fell in love with it...liked enough to go out and buy a full bottle (Oct 2013 make) next day...

now the thing is the samples i had got were much stronger, in your face kind...specially the opening lipstick note...the bottle is a bit more subtle and toned down...

still smells nice and i like it but some of the loud lipsticky smell seems to be gone with the same number of 3-5 sprays

wondering if the samples were of an older batch maybe

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    longtime lurker posting...

i got a couple of shop counter samples to try and fell in love with it...liked enough to go out and buy a full bottle (Oct 2013 make) next day...

now the thing is the samples i had got were much stronger, in your face kind...specially the opening lipstick note...the bottle is a bit more subtle and toned down...

still smells nice and i like it but some of the loud lipsticky smell seems to be gone with the same number of 3-5 sprays

wondering if the samples were of an older batch maybe
    Dec 2007... 1 post. .

Is there any information in regards to dating the sample(s)?
    (Formerly Jouho)

sorry about that...as i said lurking around for a long time and forgotten i had created an account already. But will surely make up for it

the triggers to becoming active were Gucci Envy being discontinued leading me to search for a new frag once the stockpile had finished and the current discussion on various niche fragrances which i have been avidly following.

Quote Originally Posted by blackheart2925 View Post
    sorry about that...as i said lurking around for a long time and forgotten i had created an account already. But will surely make up for it

the triggers to becoming active were Gucci Envy being discontinued leading me to search for a new frag once the stockpile had finished and the current discussion on various niche fragrances which i have been avidly following.
    No need to apologize. . I haven't tried Gucci Envy for Men that I'm aware of.
    (Formerly Jouho)

That's funny. If someone could kindly tell me how to post a photo I would post one from my latest bottle. It was bought at Geneve airport dutyfree shop. I just don't know what it means as I have many Dior fragrances, DH family but the Cologne and L'Eau. Never heard anything about Dior and bees, like Hermčs and oranges, for example.

Thanks for that, prosperonline! I'll check on the bee and report back when I get home.

IMG_4939.jpgIMG_4938.jpgIMG_4937.jpg

Photos ...

Last edited by prosperonline; 5th January 2014 at 02:06 PM.

Yo fellas.. if any of you wanna sell DHI holla back. Send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by noirtomford View Post
    Yo fellas.. if any of you wanna sell DHI holla back. Send me a pm
    The Dior boutique in Las Vegas used to offer free shipping if you bought a bottle from them over the phone. Might be worth calling to see if they still do that.

Very helpful thread, thanks all...
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Received my new bottle of DHI today, batch code 3x01. This smells actually very different to the last bottle I picked up about a year ago now.

The old bottle had an overpowering Iris opening, and eventually a very subtle cocoa and vanilla whilst retaining strong Iris.

The new bottle, the Iris is very much toned down but obviously still there, and almost immediately the cocoa comes through far stronger than my old bottle that was barely noticeable.

Absolutely stunning fragrance. Going to pick up another couple of bottles before it gets messed about with again as this current batch is dreamy!

The madness begins!

Can someone please explain what the bee means (bee means good reform or bad reform?)

I recently got my hands on a bottle of DHI from I believe either June or July. Everything on the box seems to check out (no wear or tear on package, hard to open at first, tight wrap, hard to take cap off, matching batch codes). HOWEVER, my juice is not nearly as light or transparent as other people's batches from 2013. My bottle is somewhat dark. The sillage on my juice is strong for 2 hours and the longevity is superb. Should I be worried about a fake? I wouldn't think so, but the different colored juice just seems odd to me. I know when other people get fakes of DHI it is pretty obvious to point out, even for me. I still love my DHI but will just be a little disappointed if I got a fake.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

Quote Originally Posted by expressway View Post
    I recently got my hands on a bottle of DHI from I believe either June or July. Everything on the box seems to check out (no wear or tear on package, hard to open at first, tight wrap, hard to take cap off, matching batch codes). HOWEVER, my juice is not nearly as light or transparent as other people's batches from 2013. My bottle is somewhat dark. The sillage on my juice is strong for 2 hours and the longevity is superb. Should I be worried about a fake? I wouldn't think so, but the different colored juice just seems odd to me. I know when other people get fakes of DHI it is pretty obvious to point out, even for me. I still love my DHI but will just be a little disappointed if I got a fake.
    The OP discusses batch to batch color variations in his linked blog post.

The OP discusses batch to batch color variations in his linked blog post.

I know. That's why I am questioning. My bottle is not light or pale like he describes in his 2013 batches.
    "All the best perfumes in history have something that smells like garbage in them; that's what keeps drawing you back."

I know. That's why I am questioning. My bottle is not light or pale like he describes in his 2013 batches.
    Gotcha! If it smells ok, I would think you'd be good to go. Good luck!

Excellent in depth analysis on this fragrance - great work Andrč!

The issue seems far more extreme with this product than with Creed Aventus. Perhaps we should have a sticky thread for people to post / inquire about the various batches and which people should seek out which ones.

Mine are the same! I have two bottles from the 3T02 batch (June 2013) and the juice is darker like old DHI.

So the newest batchs have the vanilla again but still have less iris like the reforms after? If thats correct may have to finally purchase myself a real bottle of it!

Quote Originally Posted by seekritdude View Post
    So the newest batchs have the vanilla again but still have less iris like the reforms after? If thats correct may have to finally purchase myself a real bottle of it!
    I am still seeking clarification on which constitute these newer batches. Anything 2013 or at a specific time in 2013. Thank you.

Default Dior Homme Intense, year 2014: it's ok.

A friend of mine called me to ask infos about new 2014 DHI batches.
    Just tested it at Dior boutique, here is the picture, you can read the new code: "4N01" (January 2014)
    Results: as in 2013. No variations, iris AND cocoa at full force. Enjoy it.

blackfoto2014 001.jpg
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense, year 2014: it's ok.

More importantly how is the longevity? I think the 2013 batch sucks for strength, its more EDT than EDP.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Thanks for the information Andre...
    My all time favorite:

Dior Fahrenheit

Yes thanks. That will surely alleviate any doubt among potential buyers and put their mind at ease.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

byandthrough

I just ordered a bottle from the Vegas boutique. Any clue as to whether they are stocking current 2014 bottles, or if they might be 2012-2013? I'm hoping for a bottle of the 2014 juice. I didn't even think about asking.

Thanks indeed. An additional reason to get this already very good fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    More importantly how is the longevity? I think the 2013 batch sucks for strength, its more EDT than EDP.
    The late 2013 batches are just as good as the so-called 'vintage' bottles. It's 2011 and 2012 you should avoid. This I gathered from multiple forums and reviews on this and a number of other sites.

I hope we're not going to get dragged into batch debates over non-creeds as well. Any evidence that DHI varies from one year to the next? I doubt it.

is there genuinely cocoa/cacao in this fragrance or does it just smell like there is?

i have i think 2013 and its pretty darn good

Mine is fantastic!!!

I own 1 150 ml and 1 100 ml bottle of DHI, one from 2012 and one from 2013/2014 - they are both fine.

Too much speculation about reformulations and watering down stuff......IMHO

If a frag is weak, I layer it. Spray more sprays - on top of each other. Build it up. spray on top of spray on top of spray.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Quote Originally Posted by thehighend View Post
    The late 2013 batches are just as good as the so-called 'vintage' bottles. It's 2011 and 2012 you should avoid. This I gathered from multiple forums and reviews on this and a number of other sites.
    This is exactly what I have heard, from numerous sources, and what I was going to say as well.

Basenotes Member

question, is this stuff similar to guerlains lidge extreme ?

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    Too much speculation about reformulations and watering down stuff......IMHO
    Agree - this will never cease though...

In my opinion all DHI batches are *strong* in longevity. Never watered down.
    The only remarkable difference are batches dated "second half of 2011" and 2012: cocoa almost disappear, and iris is at strongest level. Someone appreciates more these "reformulated" 2011-2012 batches, now very rare. It's possible it will become very requested soon, and highly priced due to its rarity! Personally, I prefer the traditional cocoa-iris combo.

Again, I'd want to point out DHI is a scent giving its best "on fabric", more than "on skin". Spray it on your clothes, it will stay for three days minimum.
    Raiders of the Lost Scent: Journey in the Realm of Lost Perfumes
    http://raidersofthelostscent.blogspot.it.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    Agree - this will never cease though...
    Don't you know an extremely successful company gets there by letting variations of their product exist? Lmao.

Is the pear note still in the 2013 and 2014 editions and is there an actual cocoa note listed in the pyramid?

byandthrough

Just received my bottle from the Dior boutique at The Wynn in Las Vegas...Jan 2013 bottle...so far, this is better than the 2011 bottle I previously owned. I wouldn't say that it is identical to the vintage version. I have a decant of the vintage juice, and there is definitely a difference. However, one thing I like about the reformulation is that the vintage seemed to be outrageously sweet...for me, it was almost unwearable (though it definitely smelled nice and deserves the reputation for being a performance monster). And it smelled like a mega ramped up version of the original DH. The newest formulations of DHI seem to be their own thing, a distinct fragrance that is quite different from Dior Homme, even while retaining its similarities. I don't think owning both is redundant at all. The juice I just bought retains that (in my eyes) distinctiveness from the reformulation, but brings back some of the punch of the vintage. I'm quite happy.

Think I have a 2013 bottle. Good to go!