Code of Conduct

Default New Vero Profumo - ROZY

There is a new fragrance from Vero Kern coming in May called ROZY

Notes for the edp - Rose d' Orient - Lilac - Peaches - Passionfruit - Honey & Sandal

Notes for the Extrait & Voiles d' Extrait - Rose d' Orient - Tuberose - Cassis - Honey - Spices - Labdanum - Sandal
    Last edited by Roberto Duran's Gloves; 2nd March 2014 at 02:34 PM.

Default Re: New Vero Profumo - ROZY

Great! Source?
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Quote Originally Posted by Mick_Trick View Post
    Great! Source?
    Announced today on Vero's Facebook page. I am really looking forward to trying this. It's inspired by the Italian actress Ann Magnani in the film The Rose Tatoo.

Wonderful, sounds promising!
    Well, it's cheaper than therapy... edit: No it's not...

Thanks for the heads up. Vero Profumo is house that takes the art of perfumery serious. Quality compositions and quality ingredients.

Thank you Vero Kern for helping to preserve and add to the art of perfumery.

I'm looking forward to them.

for swap/sale:

Can anyone cite to a thread at BN reviewing the other Vero offerings?
    thanks!

Basenotes Institution

Fantastic news
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Anyone interested, can check my full reviews on both the EDP and the VdE here…

http://neroprofumo.blogspot.it/2014/...and-voile.html

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

As with a few others among her scents, the Voile d'E. version is much better! However it is a great fragrance, dense and consistent, still highly wearable - unlike others among her range (like Onda, which smelled more challenging to me). However for true flowers-lovers, Vero Kern is a must!
    My current top five:

Tiffany - Tiffany for Men (vtg)
    Yves Saint Laurent - M7 (vtg)
    Fendi - Theorema
    Tom Ford - Tobacco Vanille
    Gucci - Gucci pour Homme

My sales thread | NICHE & VTG| Vero Kern, Boadicea, Tabacco Toscano, Signoricci, M7, Capucci, Ungaro II...

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post

Great Reviews, thanks, alfarom

I really enjoy the tart passionfruit kick in the Mito / Onda EDPs but I think I will be heading straight for the Vd'E with ROZY!
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post

Thank you as always for the wonderful reviews, F

Already own and love Mito EDP and Rozy is ticking many potential boxes already. I know The Bloom Perfumery in East London will be stocking both versions and I'll be onto it ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Thank you as always for the wonderful reviews, F

Already own and love Mito EDP and Rozy is ticking many potential boxes already. I know The Bloom Perfumery in East London will be stocking both versions and I'll be onto it ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Great Reviews, thanks, alfarom

I really enjoy the tart passionfruit kick in the Mito / Onda EDPs but I think I will be heading straight for the Vd'E with ROZY!
    I'm here to humbly serve you, sirs

Basenotes Plus

@alfarom, what is your take on it on the masc-unisex-fem scale?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Vero Kern's style is never *pretty* or too *affected* which is basically why every fragrance she delivered thus far, it's perfectly suitable for anyone who likes it.

Basenotes Plus

Ok, I thought so. Thank you, Alfarom.
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Dependent

Sounds feminine.
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Apple Brandy
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    Sounds feminine.
    Genius . . . glad that's settled, then.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    Sounds feminine.
    the pyramide certainly very much does, from the standart point of view, but let's see.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Basenotes Plus

Now that this one has finally hit the shelves, has anyone else tried it?

I've worn the VdE once so far and really love this treatment of rose - a note which can be pretty tedious if overdone, which it is not here.
    The labdanum was a great idea imo.

O.P. - it may be an idea to move this over to General in case any of the girls have missed it.
    Last edited by lpp; 29th June 2014 at 10:33 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

How are we all feeling about this one?

I've yet to have a chance to sample the EDP, but I'm still quite in love with the VDE and curious about the ( coming soon...? ) extrait, though I've heard some mixed reviews over the latter, generally in regard to its extreme potency.

Though Onda is still the most unique in the line, Rozy has become my favorite... and, in something of a twist, really isn't that far distant a cousin. They both rely on an intense, animalic honey accord, but where as Onda is about vetiver, spice, leather ( Bandit flavor ), and vaguely chypric elements, Rozy leans toward being an opulent floriental based on tuberose, leather ( Knize Ten flavor ), powder, resins, and blackcurrant.

Because Rozy is both A) an incredible foghorn, and B) only peripherally about rose, I think it's liable to give people an off-putting first experience, but it's worth it to resample with a tiny dab, much the way one would wear Poison or a similar bombastic scent. I was a little rattled my first time in the ring with Rozy, but it's since topped my to-get-list.

Rozy Voile d’Extrait feels like it wants to be a chypre, but it lacks the abstraction, beauty and intelligence of great rose chypres such as Knowing, Parfum de Peau, etc in their vintage formulations, or even Rose de Nuit. It’s mainly just a honeyed woody rose with an drop of Knize Ten echoing its way through. Honey is considered an animalic ingredient, and with good reason. Few scents are better than the honey on skin smell after its had time to blend with some heat and sweat. Damn that's enhancing to smell on my woman when we're fucking. Close up it can be extremely sensual on her, but that extended honeyed drydown feels one dimensional and wears on me when I'm wearing it. The semi-sweet woody plush animalic beeswaxy drydown of Leather Oud would have taken it a lot further so it would finish in a more satisfying way.

Good for today's standards, but compared so many great classics in their vintage formulations this one lacks a great deal of the complexity. It feels a little too pretty at times, ultimately not all that captivating, mesmeric, mysterious, fulfilling. Still, working within today's ingredient regulations, it’s one of the few that are any good. This is the second time I’ve smelled it. Maybe smelling the sillage on my girlfriend again will realign my perceptions. Vero Kern is an excellent perfumer. Everything she makes is competent, but it's unlikely that she'll ever make anything as good as Onda Extrait in its original formulation. Onda Extrait has been reformulated into something soft, semi-powdery, reminiscent of patchouli/amber, more complex than that, but no longer the staggering leather chypre it used to be. Maai is the best thing I've smelled lately. A good modern / semi-retro chypre with a compelling animalic drydown.
    Last edited by pluran; 7th December 2014 at 10:45 PM.

The quality of Rozy is superb however, the musky/honey note in Voile d’Extrait's base soon starts to dominate the composition and is far too persistent for my taste. Apparently, she likes using this note (also present in Onda VdE) unfortunately, after 2 days, several showers and the strong musky base still lingering on my skin the stuff becomes pretty annoying and basically ruins the VdE for me. 8-12 hours is good enough for me, no need for 48+ hours longevity, thanks. Would swap it for the EdP anytime.
    Mito, both in extrait and the VdE, on the other hand is liquid gold.

I think the Rozy VdE is terrific, and would put it among the top 3 2014 releases I have tried. The EdP is also very good indeed, although it is more of a rose rose, so some may find it more or less appealing, depending upon affinity for rose fragrances.

Me, I'm not a big rose fan, but despite that, have found 3 gems among this year's crop of releases (the two Rozys, and Mohur extrait). I guess maybe now I am a rose fan!

Glad to see this one wasn't entirely off folks' radars!

Funny you mention it, Phibess, as the Mito extrait's drydown I found wearing for much the same reason you mention - prominent musks, lingering long past their welcome. The top to heart is just perfect, though. I'm looking forward to trying the EdP.

All the Veros ( with the possible exception of Kiki, which is the shy child of the group ) have a certain monolithic quality to them: big, long-lasting perfume with bold, occasionally dissonant accords. Generally pretty bass-heavy, even in the EdP's ( again, Kiki is the exception ).

I sometimes wonder if the Vero Profumos are reaching the right audience. Definitely the Voiles were the right step towards a broader accessibility ( I love the extraits, but given the sheer regularity with which I want to wear these, I go with VdE just for price per ml ), but I feel the general push has been towards giving the brand an old France / neo-vintage image, where as the scents are, IMO, both bigger and edgier than that. I feel lovers of Tauer and Slumberhouse might "take" more readily to the line than, say, a fan of Annick Goutal or Parfums de Nicolai might, but that the latter is the audience the brand is reaching for. I could be wrong. ( Rozy is somewhat afflicted by this: the name and note list look like a demure fruity rose, so the juice might appall those expecting that, and the image dissuade fans of decadent floriental extravaganzas. )

re: Sugandaraja
    I'm ok with challenging perfumes - for example, I love wearing MAAI more than I do Rozy in VdE. What matters to me is how the notes are integrated within the composition. Unfortunately the musk/honey base in Rozy VdE with its extreme longevity is a bit overdone for my taste. I don't perceive it here as sexy or decadent, only slightly musty/stuffy smelling. Perhaps it's just my nose that picks up this aspect of the VdE more than its other facets. IMO, this particular note/chord works better in Onda than it does in Rozy VdE. I guess it comes down to personal taste.

I did try Mito extrait in Bloom perfumery in London among other things last summer and ended up getting the VdE, a beautiful green floral with sparkling citrus up top and without heavy musks dominating the scent.
    I'd say Rubj in VdE is another easier one to wear from Vero (the easiest being Kiki) - not so much the EdP which can be challenging for some (cumin). I've never smelled Rubj in extrait which has been on my must-try list for a while.. and will also have to revisit Mito extrait.
    Last edited by phibess; 4th December 2014 at 02:59 PM.