Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: choose 3 from Le Labo, just 3.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lys 41

0 0%
  • Ylang 49

4 6.45%
  • Santal 33

21 33.87%
  • Rose 31

35 56.45%
  • Bergamote 22

26 41.94%
  • Fleur d'Oranger 27

4 6.45%
  • Neroli 36

7 11.29%
  • Vetiver 46

18 29.03%
  • Oud 27

16 25.81%
  • Patchouli 24

23 37.10%
  • Iris 39

9 14.52%
  • Labdanum 18

10 16.13%
  • Jasmin 17

1 1.61%
  • Ambrette 9

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default You are ordering a Discovery Set of 3 from Le Labo: Which do you choose?

You must choose 3 and only 3 from tge current offerings. No city exclusives!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: You are ordering a Discovery Set of 3 from Le Labo: Which do you choose?

Rose 31
    Santal 33
    Bergamote 22

Default You are ordering a Discovery Set of 3 from Le Labo: Which do you choose?

You must choose 3 and only 3 from the current offerings. No city exclusives!
    Last edited by Akahina; 2nd March 2014 at 11:12 PM. Reason: typing error
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default Re: You are ordering a Discovery Set of 3 from Le Labo: Which do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    You must choose 3 and only 3 from tge current offerings. No city exclusives!
    Rose 31
    Santal 33
    Bergamot 22
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

Personally, I think there's only two that deserve the attention: Rose 31 and Patchouli 24.

The stars are in the city exclusive line in my opinion, sadly.

Your vote does not count if you don't use the ballot!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Patchouli is perhaps the most distinctive, so I'd try to put it in.
    Several others are worth trying. My favorites are Oud (dirty musky) and Ylang Ylang (as per name). But the iris is also worth.

If you like aquatics (I don't) there's Neroli.

cacio

I voted for:

- Rose 31
    - Oud 27
    - Bergamote 22

...but, whooo, it was a tough debate. I really wanted to put Patchouli 24 in there too. The only reason I didn't is that I'm not sure I could actually wear it, so I went with Bergamote 22 instead as my 3rd choice.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Mods, please merge this thread with my poll. Not sure how I made two threads. Sorry.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Junkie

Rose 31, Patchouli 24, Bergamote 22

My vote in order was,

Rose 31
    Bergamote 22
    Vetiver 46

I think, and this is only my opinion, Rose 31 is the best of Le Labo and should be included when seeking out this house. In full disclosure, it's in my top 3 all time favorite scents!

Basenotes Institution

Rose, Patchouli & Iris
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'd say Rose 31, and then a toss up of Santal, Vetiver, Patchouli, or Oud. Steer away from Fleur d'Oranger like your life depends on it, it's awful.

Vetiver 46
    Santal 33
    Oud 27
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Rose 31
    Iris 39
    and Vetiver 46.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Epic Man
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Noir de Noir
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Musc Ravageur
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. Dior Homme Intense
    9. Aoud 1
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Patchouli, Iris and Labdanum
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Santal 33 - Patchouli 24 - Jasmin 17

But really it all depends on your taste.

If you enjoy the challenging aspect of the spectrum then Labdanum 18 & Oud 27.

for swap/sale:

Since you already enjoy Patchouli 24 I picked Oud 27, Rose 31, and Labdanum 18.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Rose 31 is the only one I have tried from this line. It is a very nice green/dewy type rose fragrance, unisex, not feminine, very well made, even full bottle worthy if you have the money.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Santal 33
    Oud 27
    Labdanum 18
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Oud, patchouli, vetiver

I'm using tapatalk and can't see polls.

I voted Santal 33, Vetiver 46 and Iris 39 because I don't have much experience with these yet and they would be my next three to try.

If you are looking for recommendations, though, I already bought Patchouli 24, Oud 27 and Labdanum 18 because I love them.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

Basenotes Plus

Rose 31.
    Iris 39.
    Santal 33.

Patchouli, Santal, Bergamote

Vanille 44 is their best imo. If you don't consider the price. And I have heard that their Tubereuse 40 is quite promising too.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Mods, please merge this thread with my poll. Not sure how I made two threads. Sorry.
    Will do, ok.

Knowing your taste Akahina, I'd go for:

Patch 24
    Oud 27
    Santal 33

I'm not a big fan of the line in general, but I like a couple of the city exclusive and am a HUGE fan of two of the scents they did for Anthropologie (Belle du Soir and Chant de Bois). With that said, the only one I personally like from the above is Patch 24. Oud 27, Bergamot 22, Iris 39, Labdanum 18 are all okay, and Vetiver 46 is pretty great, but it's essentially 2Man. One thing to keep in mind is that a number of them (not all) smell like completely different scents from what the name designates.
    Last edited by deadidol; 3rd March 2014 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks for the reccommendations y'all. I was hoping to find out what you would buy, not what you think I should buy. I am actually leaning towards one that has few votes so far.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Those are the ones I would buy.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Those are the ones I would buy.
    Same here.

Patchouli 24
    Oud 27
    Iris 39

My advice is to avoid Santal 33. Worst sandalwood I've ever tried.
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Boucheron - Jaipur Homme
    Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    YSL - M7 (vtg)

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    Knowing your taste Akahina, I'd go for:

Patch 24
    Oud 27
    Santal 33

I'm not a big fan of the line in general, but I like a couple of the city exclusive and am a HUGE fan of two of the scents they did for Anthropologie (Belle du Soir and Chant de Bois). With that said, the only one I personally like from the above is Patch 24. Oud 27, Bergamot 22, Iris 39, Labdanum 18 are all okay, and Vetiver 46 is pretty great, but it's essentially 2Man. One thing to keep in mind is that a number of them (not all) smell like completely different scents from what the name designates.
    I was about to choose this combination but I find Rose 31 better than Oud just by a smidgen.

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Rose 31.
    Iris 39.
    Santal 33.
    What he said

I respect and like Le Labo quite a bit at this point. Not all their scents are for me, but very few are duds. I'd pick:

Rose 31
    Oud 27
    Ylang 49

Bergamote 22
    Rose 31
    Santal 33

Rose, Santal, & Vetyver

However, I haven't tried their Bergamote, thought Patchouli was boring, & also recommend Oud for it's uniqueness.

Basenotes Plus

One of my selections was labdanum 18 which is IMO the most underrated of the bunch
    Current rotation:

Ciel Man
    Millesime Imperial
    Green Irish Tweed
    L'Homme
    Scandal Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Vetiver 46
    Santal 33
    Oud 27
    Same picks here...