Code of Conduct

Default Creeds - underestimated strength?

Hello, so, what if many of you guys have been underestimating the strength of Creed frags?

Do you know how if you haven't sprayed a fragrance for a while, the first spray you do post-hiatus is a lesser amount than a regular spray? Well, I went ahead and got my Original Santal (which I haven't sprayed much in general) and put maybe like 1/6th or 1/7th or so of one spray in my inner elbow area of my left arm.

I've been getting wafts of it, and also mind you, it's happened at least by the door inside of a room where a hookah session (Cane Mint flavor) of over an hour long has just taken place and I still smelled OS.

Go ahead and try a little experiment of barely putting any on and see what you come up it, maybe you'll get surprised - even try other brands such as Dior's or something.

Edit: To clarify however much, I didn't try to do a full depression of the sprayer as well. I didn't want to do a/like a full spray amount.
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 3rd March 2014 at 07:12 AM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

Basenotes Member

Default Re: Creeds - underestimated strength?

what kind of magic mushrooms are you on ? i put more than 10 sprays 5 on my clothes and 5 on my chest . sure it was strong but lasted 4 hours max ..

The strength that I get from my Creeds with three normal sprays seems for me to be just right. Couldn't imagine applying less. Just me though.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by 57cc View Post
    what kind of magic mushrooms are you on ? i put more than 10 sprays 5 on my clothes and 5 on my chest . sure it was strong but lasted 4 hours max ..
    (Formerly Jouho)

Dependent

They last fine on me, especially original santal

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    lol im joking with the mushrooms thing . but serious with the rest , i put more than 5 full sprays .

Enjoy all my Creeds... I always go with just one spray to the chest, enjoy waffs 6 plus hours
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

3-4 sprays does the trick.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I have a suspicion that a lot of people that complain about longevity of many fragrances do indeed overspray. Anosmia is a real bummer.

I think Creed's OS is the most potent in terms of longevity and sillage. Maybe that had something to do with your deduction. Have you tried the same experiment with other fragrances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by mercutio View Post
    I think Creed's OS is the most potent in terms of longevity and sillage. Maybe that had something to do with your deduction. Have you tried the same experiment with other fragrances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly what I initially thought as well, OS is the strongest of the Creeds that I've samples so far.

I think many people underestimate the strength of Creed scents because Creed uses such strong sprayers, which means one spray from a Creed sprayer is equal to two or three from an average sprayer.

PWSHSHSHSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

This may seem crazy to some here, but I actually don't like the sprayers Creed uses. They push out too much juice in a single spray, and since a lot of it is in such a fine mist, a lot of juice is wasted on each spray because it's lost to the air, never reaching your skin. I'd rather have a spray give me less juice so I can do a better job of choosing where to spray.

Anyway... I suspect some people forget how much juice is in 1 Creed spray. I know some guys here decant into smaller bottles, and I really should do that too.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Exactly what I initially thought as well, OS is the strongest of the Creeds that I've samples so far.
    This is very true too! Original Santal is fantastic, and it's strong.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Personally never had problems with their longevity so far, yet my experiences with Creed never exceeded testing/sampling.

Blog Entries

I get average longevity with Creed using 3 or 4 full sprays distributed around my body/neck area. The projection is wide, though, for the first couple of hours before settling to skin, and in my experience, the scent travels. One time when I sprayed Silver Mountain Water inside my room, my visiting mother was able to pick up the scent from the living room half an hour later, and asked enthusiastically about the cologne.

I agree with you OP. I stopped wearing Creeds for a while, then revisited GIT. I had never realized until then what a thick, overpowering scent it was. And I guess one should also factor in that atomizer.

Did 3 sprays of MI today, 2 on behind each ear and one on the chest. Lasted well, good 6 hours before it turned into a skin scent.
    What coach Rob says determines what I spray

Most Creeds are very long lasting to me. The only exceptions are Himalaya, Bois de Cedrat, and VIW. But the scent more than makes up for the lack of longevity for those.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird