Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Oscar for Men: Is it a good scent?

I had the same in the beginning but love it also now! Same with other peppery/clovy scents like 'Piper Nigrum', 'Loewe 7' and 'Loewe 7 Natural' which I all consider now as very well done fragrances!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Acqua di Parma: Colonia Leather
    - Chanel: Platinum Egoïste
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Revillon: R
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Ferrari: Essence Oud
    - Knize Ten
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraîcheur)
    - Dior: Aqua Fahrenheit

It's a solid, masculine cologne. Nothing amazing, but smells nice and is something you can wear day to day without having to think about it.
    Oscar for Men can be a decent daily driver, while you save the pricier stuff for a night out or for special occasions.

One downside: the newer bottle available now, is supremely cheap and the sprayer is terrible. That aside, for <$20 in discounters, you really can't go all that wrong, and it isn't very well known, so you won't smell like a lot of other dudes.
    Last edited by Jimmy1; 17th March 2014 at 03:26 PM.

Great post, Slayerized!

People talk about reformulation here...I wouldn't know. It must've been recent and you make very good points. All my juice is "Made in France". A 100ml bottle that I am nearly through (that lists the ingredients on the back) and I have a 50ml bottle that is also, "Made in France" by Parfums Stern. They smell virtually identical. More air in the 100ml, but it still has a great richness and a full palette. The citrus, fir balsam, rich pepper, clove & nutmeg, elemi, wood and incense. The dots on the older 50ml box are more distinct on the older and Slayerized is spot-on with this minor change! Good work!

I hope to keep enjoying the juice I have that is, "Made in France" - either one. But, with the description of the new one from Slayerized, I have not thrown in a towel. A lot of older juice exists too...!

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

I think all the statements here are of great value and given it´s low price (i found it for $20) i will probably buy it blind. The descriptions here brought to my mind Salvatore Ferragamo PH as both seems to be a spicy scent good for summer days.

I like Oscar for Men quite a lot. It has lots of pepper, which does not bother me, since I enjoy pepper in fragrances. However, I get as much nutmeg as pepper, which I think rounds the overall spice aspect pretty well. It probably is not a good choice for those who are sensitive to or who do not like pepper or spice in general.
    I first bought and used this in the summer; so, I tend to associate it with warmer weather, but it works as well, or perhaps even better in colder temperatures. I find Oscar for Men quite unlike any other fragrance I have ever used or tried, and have seen other fragrance-savvy people make similar comments; so, I can say with confidence that this is pretty unique. My bottle is Made in France by Oscar de la Renta Parfums, not by Parfums Stern; so, it most probably is not vintage. Ref. 5254 and coded OM1 (That O may also be a 0/zero; I am not sure.)
    If you like pepper/spice or at least impartial to it, you should give this a try; the price (in the U.S. at least) can't be better. T.J. Maxx and Marshall's carry 100 ml Made in France bottles (by Oscar de la Renta Parfums, not by Parfums Stern) for $16.99+tax, and Ross carries 100 ml Made in USA bottles (and the occasional Made in France bottle) for $19.99+tax.

Decided to wear this today in homage of this thread, and I'm loving it!
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    true form ?
    wtf .. you know me ? .
    This thread is about Oscar For Men & your comment just casually trash most releases from pre 1993 !!
    is bad taste & immature .
    So from now on think twice about laying the mountain & molehill parable on any other basenoter .
    not bad taste, my taste. Just because others don't align doesn't make it bad or wrong. Nor is it immature, it's honest. Sorry it offends your delicate little sensibilities.... Not really.

I would like to try it. Is it anywhere in Northen California (San Francisco Bay Area)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    I would like to try it. Is it anywhere in Northen California (San Francisco Bay Area)
    Check your local TJ Maxx. Picked up mine for $20.
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Decided to wear this today in homage of this thread, and I'm loving it!
    After i get mine in hands i'll post my impressions too