Code of Conduct

Default Help me out a bit, new buy soon

So, the time has come to expand my already not that small collection, and I have in mind the following for now:

Paloma Picasso Minotaure
    Fahrenheit 32
    A*Men Pure Shot

I plan to own them all eventually, however 1 per month.

Check my wardrobe and suggest, except the listed, some of your own picks/favs

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Help me out a bit, new buy soon

I like most of Minotaure of those 3. It's strong one, easily overpowering and imo a couple of sprays does the trick.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Of the three, I'd go with the Dior.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi,

May be the vintage Minotaure was a great fragrance but that new edition isn't IMO.

I had Minotaure(the new edition)a year ago but I didn't like it because of the presence of some persistent over sweet synthetic note which I wasn't able to tolerate.
    I gave "Minotaure" away to one of my friends who likes it very much and now when I meet him I still can detect "that" note.

Try "Vetiver"by Guerlain or "Encre Noir "by Lalique

Thank you gentlemen!

Btw. I have to add one potential blind buy - Aramis Havana

I'm in no rush, it's just the beginning of the month.

Guys, read a post before you answer. Jesus some of you are too busy blurting comment diarrhea instead of actually helping people. What's the point then?

Zgb- From your wardrobe, can I assume that you're leaning towards designers and vintages more than niches? If that's the case, I'd recommend Givenchy Gentleman.

Edit: Actually, you've already tried it. Hard to find a fragrance you haven't tried, lol. I'll think some more about possible recommendations.

None but if I had to choose from three given the 32 will do Sir
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I would go with Fahrenheit 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Thank you gentlemen!

Btw. I have to add one potential blind buy - Aramis Havana

I'm in no rush, it's just the beginning of the month.
    Aramis Havana is superior to others (the original, cone-shaped bottle), imo. Btw pirop's post could be right, i smelled last time Minotaure in 1994 lol! So i can't speak of the reformulated Minotaure, haven't smelled it.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

There's 12 of your scents that I don't own (and some of those I might yet buy), and I really like the ones you own that I do own, so we share similar tastes.

Kiton Men testers were going cheap in Italy late last year (30 Euros), might be worth considering if you can get one cheap.

Roccobarocco Fashion Man was going for 18 Euros in Italy. First time I smelled it I thought it was junk. Next time I thought it more complex, and eventually I bought it just before flying home. I wore it four days straight last week - something I haven't done with a scent in ages.

You like the leathery version of A*men, and the mild leathery Essence of Cerruti, so you might like the leathery version of Joop, called Joop Homme Sexy In Pink - if you can get over the stupid name and the dumb pink bottle, I think it's an excellent flanker. I got it from Strawberrynet , and haven't seen it anywhere else either down here or in Europe.

Interesting how you want Pure Shot. Fair enough if you want a green scent. I tested it 8 or so times in Italy and, while I really wanted to buy it because the bottle was so cool looking, but despite its having great longevity, I passed (I have plenty of green scents that I don't wear much). If you could get hold of Pure Malt, I think you'd be extremely pleased as it has great projection and is substantially different from your two A*mens. Pure Havane smells very good too, but doesn't project anywhere near as well as Pure Malt.

Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 5th March 2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by df91 View Post
    Aramis Havana is superior to others (the original, cone-shaped bottle), imo. Btw pirop's post could be right, i smelled last time Minotaure in 1994 lol! So i can't speak of the reformulated Minotaure, haven't smelled it.
    Indeed, I trust Pirop opinion on the matter however subjecitve it might be. On the other hand Minotaure is not easily available in the market. I will try Havana this way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    There's 12 of your scents that I don't own (and some of those I might yet buy), and I really like the ones you own that I do own, so we share similar tastes.

Kiton Men testers were going cheap in Italy late last year (30 Euros), might be worth considering if you can get one cheap.

Roccobarocco Fashion Man was going for 18 Euros in Italy. First time I smelled it I thought it was junk. Next time I thought it more complex, and eventually I bought it just before flying home. I wore it four days straight last week - something I haven't done with a scent in ages.

You like the leathery version of A*men, and the mild leathery Essence of Cerruti, so you might like the leathery version of Joop, called Joop Homme Sexy In Pink - if you can get over the stupid name and the dumb pink bottle, I think it's an excellent flanker. I got it from Strawberrynet , and haven't seen it anywhere else either down here or in Europe.

Interesting how you want Pure Shot. Fair enough if you want a green scent. I tested it 8 or so times in Italy and, while I really wanted to buy it because the bottle was so cool looking, but despite its having great longevity, I passed (I have plenty of green scents that I don't wear much). If you could get hold of Pure Malt, I think you'd be extremely pleased as it has great projection and is substantially different from your two A*mens. Pure Havane smells very good too, but doesn't project anywhere near as well as Pure Malt.

Regards,
    Renato
    Renato, your opinion is always welcome. As per Pure Shot, it is more of a matter having it due to it belonging to the "Pure line" rather than enjoyment of the fragrance itself A bit daft or better yet insipid of me. Pure Malt is my dream, I've never even tried it and in the first opportunity I will blind buy it in an instance.

In any case, I will "complete" my collection with all the fragrances mentioned in the first post, it was just more of a matter of which one will it be the first. Also, I did encourage you all to add up some more suggestions.

@moleo, I really appreciate the concern and effort, albeit there was no need for being so harsh to the other members

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Of the three, I'd go with the Dior.
    Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post

Renato, your opinion is always welcome. As per Pure Shot, it is more of a matter having it due to it belonging to the "Pure line" rather than enjoyment of the fragrance itself A bit daft or better yet insipid of me. Pure Malt is my dream, I've never even tried it and in the first opportunity I will blind buy it in an instance.
    If Ebay doesn't come through for you, what you need is some friend or acquaintance going through Dubai in their travels. I didn't actually see Pure Malt in the airport transit lounge (perhaps because I was lugging so much stuff around that I was barely looking), but in the departure lounge the fragrance shop had heaps of Pure Malt and Pure Havane going for around US$67, give or take two dollars. It was about 10 dollars dearer in the shopping mall fragrance stores outside the airport.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    If Ebay doesn't come through for you, what you need is some friend or acquaintance going through Dubai in their travels. I didn't actually see Pure Malt in the airport transit lounge (perhaps because I was lugging so much stuff around that I was barely looking), but in the departure lounge the fragrance shop had heaps of Pure Malt and Pure Havane going for around US$67, give or take two dollars. It was about 10 dollars dearer in the shopping mall fragrance stores outside the airport.
    Regards,
    Renato
    I'll get my hands on them, Pure Havane and Malt, this way or another

In the minority maybe? But I really thought the 'Pure' line was overrated. Pure Malt was the one I disliked the least but I still gave away sample.

Of the three, I would also pick 32.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Just to update this one a bit. After some time, I acquired Minotaure and Fahrenheit 32. Pure Shot maybe in may, I'll see. In any case, thanks for the help.

@Renato, Pure Havane is finally in my posession, Pure Malt - alas not

I'm waiting for your feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by pirop View Post
    I'm waiting for your feedback!
    I have to admit, I really like Minotaure, however the new reformulation lacks longevity and strength