Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
o

Default Re: Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by riffjim4069 View Post
    One of my orders arrived today (12 days) which was somewhat surprising since the other two orders were placed more than a week earlier. Anyway, the items arrived in good shape and were packed okay, I suppose, but the packaging was something you would expect from a family member and not up to FragranceNet/Amazon standards.

However, I will say this was the very first package I have received that had the cardboard box wrapped and sewn in a sheet. Different culture, I suppose. Finally, I absolutely love the presentation of these Arabic fragrances (quality box and bottles)...often don't get this quality in Western frags unless you're paying double the price.
    Well, the two orders I placed 5-weeks ago finally showed-up this afternoon: Perris Monte Carlo Ambre Gris, Oud Imperial and Bois d'Oud along with M.Micallef Shahnoor and Avant Garde, and Mancera Black To Black. While I was tempted to sample all six fragrances, that would not be a wise since they're all pretty potent. I'm especially excited about Shanoor and Black To Black since where are UAE exclusives and a blind buy with neither one being listed.

Anyway, I placed another order which I hope arrives as quickly as my third order (12-days). I have no complaints since the shipping and communication was pretty good...just wish I knew where my packages were sitting the past 3-weeks because it's a mystery that nobody can answer.
    Last edited by riffjim4069; 12th June 2014 at 05:45 AM.
    Currently wearing: Kabul Aoud by Montale

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by riffjim4069 View Post
    Well, the two orders I placed 5-weeks ago finally showed-up this afternoon: Perris Monte Carlo Ambre Gris, Oud Imperial and Bois d'Oud along with M.Micallef Shahnoor and Avant Garde, and Mancera Black To Black. While I was tempted to sample all six fragrances, that would not be a wise since they're all pretty potent. I'm especially excited about Shanoor and Black To Black since where are UAE exclusives and a blind buy with neither one being listed.

Anyway, I placed another order which I hope arrives as quickly as my third order (12-days). I have no complaints since the shipping and communication was pretty good...just wish I knew where my packages were sitting the past 3-weeks because it's a mystery that nobody can answer.
    Glad you finally got them! Shahnoor and Black to Black, both of which I own bottles of, are very nice. I'm pretty sure you'll find them both to your liking.
    Last edited by hednic; 12th June 2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I ordered Herod from Universal Perfumes a while back. I read through this thread and had to think about it a few times, but it was significantly cheaper than the $275 or whatever it normally goes for (~$175+~$8 shopping). After placing the order, I never got a delivery confirmation (don't think they send these) and messaged Mohsen 3 weeks in. He replied back promptly, told me he posted it the day after I placed the order and gave me a tracking number (which doesn't work for Australia Post period, not even when the package hits our shores). He told me to allow 1-4 weeks for delivery.

After almost 6 weeks post-delivery I was starting to get worried and just on the day I was about to message him again, it arrived. It was wrapped like fish and chips as described above (hahaha) but the box wasn't crumpled at all. As for the bottle itself...well if anyone is familiar with the Parfums de Marly Herod bottle, you'd probably have to run over it with a tank to damage it. Can't be happier with the price and product, but the uncertainty is painful (I'm so used to tracking!). If I see other items with a good price, I may flip the coin again.

Quote Originally Posted by ForgottenNote View Post
    I ordered Herod from Universal Perfumes a while back. I read through this thread and had to think about it a few times, but it was significantly cheaper than the $275 or whatever it normally goes for (~$175+~$8 shopping). After placing the order, I never got a delivery confirmation (don't think they send these) and messaged Mohsen 3 weeks in. He replied back promptly, told me he posted it the day after I placed the order and gave me a tracking number (which doesn't work for Australia Post period, not even when the package hits our shores). He told me to allow 1-4 weeks for delivery.

After almost 6 weeks post-delivery I was starting to get worried and just on the day I was about to message him again, it arrived. It was wrapped like fish and chips as described above (hahaha) but the box wasn't crumpled at all. As for the bottle itself...well if anyone is familiar with the Parfums de Marly Herod bottle, you'd probably have to run over it with a tank to damage it. Can't be happier with the price and product, but the uncertainty is painful (I'm so used to tracking!). If I see other items with a good price, I may flip the coin again.
    Glad you had a good final outcome to the long wait!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

The website has been updated and looks more visually appealing and easier to navigate.

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Yes your absolutely right I really like the new website. Now if they upgrade their packaging they would be more comfortable dealing with.
    Currently wearing: Oajan by Parfums de Marly

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Now if they upgrade their packaging they would be more comfortable dealing with.
    Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Yes your absolutely right I really like the new website. Now if they upgrade their packaging they would be more comfortable dealing with.
    Or if they actually ship you what you ordered ... and fixed their mistakes (or even responded to you) when they screw you out of money. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Or if they actually ship you what you ordered ... and fixed their mistakes (or even responded to you) when they screw you out of money. But I digress.
    Sorry to hear that. I feel that I have been very fortunate with the couple of times I've dealt with them. Dodgy packaging but job done and 100% authentic. But you don't stand alone as others have expressed dismay in incorrect orders and has put myself on alert.

They seem to have added quite a few new offerings that weren't on their site before.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    They seem to have added quite a few new offerings that weren't on their site before.
    Yes I agree. I'm sure I will be tempted again to purchase from them sometime in the future I'm just not sure when. So many other sites have great sampling perks.

what is a good alternative to this site? I ordered from them; their product is legit. Must more concentrated than the original, you could cut this stuff in half and it would still be 2x strength. Very accurate recreations as well

Quote Originally Posted by Temps425 View Post
    what is a good alternative to this site? I ordered from them; their product is legit. Must more concentrated than the original, you could cut this stuff in half and it would still be 2x strength. Very accurate recreations as well
    What do you mean, "more concentrated than the original?" These are not supposed to be recreations, they are supposed to BE the original products from the original manufacturers.

I'm conisdering a purchase and your post threw me off a little bit as all of the previous posts indicated that the fragrances they've bought from them have been legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    What do you mean, "more concentrated than the original?" These are not supposed to be recreations, they are supposed to BE the original products from the original manufacturers.

I'm conisdering a purchase and your post threw me off a little bit as all of the previous posts indicated that the fragrances they've bought from them have been legit.
    They do sell some authentic bottles, but a large percentage of their inventory is made up of knockoff oils.

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    They do sell some authentic bottles, but a large percentage of their inventory is made up of knockoff oils.
    Thanks for the clarification Naylor...

I placed an order with Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics on January 4th and haven't received anything yet. I'm going to try and call them tomorrow to see if I can find anything out about my order.

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    I placed an order with Universal Perfumes and Cosmetics on January 4th and haven't received anything yet. I'm going to try and call them tomorrow to see if I can find anything out about my order.
    Did you get any tracking info at all?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Did you get any tracking info at all?
    No...nothing.