Code of Conduct

Default Dior Fahrenheit do people who smell it on you like it?

Hello everyone! When I first tested Dior Fahrenheit I really found it to be really weird and smelling of pure gasoline.... I have recently been getting into the Dior house of fragrances and decided to revisit this classic. I'm really starting to LOVE it and it's becoming one of those ones you cannot stop sniffing. This is very unusual for me because my taste is more geared towards androgynous fragrances exp: my signature is Prada Amber Pour Homme and second is Dior Homme, and with my personality and demeanor I always felt like I would not be able to pull this off. It's totally not my style it's so dirty and in your face masculine but I love it. I'm going to buy it, but the only thing stoping me is this polarizing love or hate thing going on for it on the internet. The whole purpose of this thread is for you, my fellow fragrance friends to please share your experience with this product. I fear people will get offended and think it's horrible as I did before I got to know it better. What do the general public think about Dior Fahrenheit? Is it true that women go crazy over this? Man this stuff smells so good!!!!
    Last edited by lunchbox148; 7th March 2014 at 02:46 AM.
    Psalm 118:1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.

Default Re: Dior Fahrenheit do people who smell it on you like it?

I have only had positive comments addressed to me while wearing this fragrance. A great scent IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I can't tell you how others felt about it on me because I much disliked it and never wore it in public, let alone more than once. But it sounds like most love it, seems to be a huge favorite on another forum.

I love it. My wife loves it.

From a female perspective, I love it and I wear it. I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think, you can't please everyone so stick to pleasing yourself.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

I can kind of echo beyongthebox and hednic both. I can agree with beyondthebox that there have been a couple of occasions where I wore it out and felt a little odd wearing it. Not often, but considering how infrequently I wear it, there have been some occasions that make it worth noting. That said...the times I've worn it, I've received some seriously nice compliments. It seems to be one that young women (early to mid 20's) like...since the times I've received compliments while wearing it, it has been from women in their early to mid 20's.

Blog Entries

No negatives, just positives. But I did push it one day, and people noticed the big silage, which I generally avoid, so be careful!

You can usually do 8 sprays of Fahrenheit & enjoy it most of the day while maintaining a balance in that it's not projecting too much.

Fahrenheit is unanimously loved in this region the world.

for swap/sale:

Not only do I like it but all kinds of people adore it on me , this stuff is a power house if you ask me, especially vintage or 1990s to low 2000s manufacture ones....peace

btw: current ones to the job also but need to spray more liberally unfortunately because of restrictions, reformulation issues but a great scent nevertheless as it still retains the scents silhouette is just not as profound as vintage ones (plural)
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I have never owned it, but have worn it, courtesy of liberal errr, "sampling" before going out and a few times wearing someone elses - I do like it and I am surprised I have never bought it. My thoughts are more people like it than don't so if YOU like it wear it.

Positive comments regularly. GF loves it, females at work have commented about it. No males feedback, but honestly, that's not unusual, so I presume since no guy has said I stink, it must be at least tolerable.

For the most important take - my own - I love it as well. It's a winner.

I happen to be wearing a 1998 vintage Fahrenheit today, which I acquired not long ago. I don't get much of a difference between it and my new 2012 bottle, apart from a slight difference in overall strength. For the price difference and convenience, I will just buy new from here on out, and enjoy the vintage while it lasts.

I wear Fahrenheit a lot casually and my girlfriend and family really like it. Though I would not wear it to work as it is a bit bold for the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Xscent View Post
    From a female perspective, I love it and I wear it. I wouldn't worry too much about what other people think, you can't please everyone so stick to pleasing yourself.
    That's awesome! I had a date compliment me on it, and she said it's a smell she liked so much that she'd wear it, so I made her a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    No negatives, just positives. But I did push it one day, and people noticed the big silage, which I generally avoid, so be careful!
    HA! That's always my fear with Fahrenheit. The stuff really has sillage. I don't think it projects too crazily, but it sure does leave a trail. I was in an Apple store one day and somebody was wearing it. It's funny how, even in a crowded place like that, Fahrenheit can be detected while so many other scents just kind of blend in. I was in and out of the store in a few minutes, but I have to admit, I looked around a bit out of curiosity, wanting to know who was wearing Fahrenheit. I don't think he was wearing too much... it's just that the stuff really cuts through the air, and it lingers.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    btw: current ones to the job also but need to spray more liberally unfortunately because of restrictions, reformulation issues but a great scent nevertheless as it still retains the scents silhouette is just not as profound as vintage ones (plural)
    My bottle is from either 2011 or 2012 (can't recall which off hand) but 3 sprays really - and I do mean REALLY - last. I get a minimum of 10 hours from 3 sprays. I've never owned vintage, so I can't even imagine how strong it was, but the current stuff is still pretty beastly.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

byandthrough

Yesterday was my first time giving Fahrenheit a full wearing. When I got home, my wife took one whiff...backed up, made a face, took one more whiff...and said: "please go take a shower so you don't smell like that anymore". So, it's a no-go in my collection. Good thing it was just a sample.

I don't know...It's my SOTD and I was just thinking about this same question myself.

I wore it the other day and I think people were enjoying it. I had put on two sprays. It felt light, airy, and pleasant.

Today, I put on two sprays, but one of them was kind of heavy. The room I was working in today was a little stuffier than usual, the radiator was blasting out hot air. Some of the people I was working with seemed to have agitated looks on their faces, and when I spoke to one coworker in the hall she had a confused, slightly offended look on her face. I was wondering if the Fahrenheit was bothering her.

Today the heavier petroleum facet seemed more present, whereas the other day the violet/hawthorne facet, the lighter cooler side of Fahrenheit, seemed more apparent.

In my experience, this is one that can go either way depending on the day--and I think it's very fickle especially in relation to the climate, breathability of the environment, and material of clothing that you're wearing.

I was self-conscious about it today, as it seemed strong and oppressive. Although I hope it was only my imagination, I'll never know!
    Currently Selling: Vikt + Small Designer Lot: Really CHEAP prices

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Just curious, Red. When you say you pushed it, about how many sprays do you think you put on? (I'm presently trying to figure out if I wore too much today!)
    Currently Selling: Vikt + Small Designer Lot: Really CHEAP prices

Never owned nor used Fahrenheit, but had fragrances that were similar to it without being knockoffs (difficult long story to explain, possibly similar formulations) generally got a fairly good feedback and even the odd compliment.

@ Buysblind

"Strong and Oppressive" with 2 sprays ? Wow !!!...Don't get me wrong, I really love my Fahrenheit bottle, but it is definitely not that potent !
    I believe you have an earlier formula than mine ( January 2013)...What is your batch ?

@ L'Homme Blanc Individuel

I wish I could report the same "beastly" mode & performance as you, but it seems you own one formulation before the current one.
    From what I get on the Fahrenheit threads on BN, it is likely that the last reform took place somewhere between 2011 and early 2012.

You and others (including Jack Hunter, 2010 bottles) getting really strong performance almost always own juice made before mid 2012.
    These are only assumptions, of course...but I noticed that trend while reading the numerous Fahrenheit threads...

It seems Redneck Perfumisto and you were at the same time in the same Apple Store...

@ Magnus611

Yes...I do not own vintage Fahrenheit, but I do have to apply it liberally (current form.) to get satisfying results. Glad I opted for the Jumbo 200ml !

@ Lunchbox 148

Sorry...Almost forgot to answer your OP
    Yes...Positive Feedback from others when I wear Fahrenheit !!!
    Last edited by LJD; 7th March 2014 at 09:10 PM.

It's definitely not the beast it used to be. The 'gasoline' note has been toned down too but the scent is still very similar. No one has ever said they dislike it on me though, on the contrary, people say it's nice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    Just curious, Red. When you say you pushed it, about how many sprays do you think you put on? (I'm presently trying to figure out if I wore too much today!)
    It was something like 5 sprays - 3 on the body, one misted inside my suit jacket, and one misted on the outside of my clothing. That is my normal work regimen for most lighter mainstream scents which are "skin-friendly". I had forgotten that this was Fahrenheit. The sillage happened about a half hour to an hour later, when I got to work. Most people are "sillagy" around that time, but Fahrenheit makes its presence known in a bigger way!

I don't think that was really too much, but I would probably not wear any more than that to work.

Basenotes Plus

I love it. Don't own it anymore because I've outgrown it, but its in my top 20 of all time

Yes, mostly get positive comments.

incredibly so!

hey guys!

i'm a Fahrenheit lover and i will always be.

the problem is that it simply doesnt last on me.

i spray about 5 wiffs on my neck, hair, chest, wrist and shirt and in about 2-3, maximum 4 hours i can barely smell myself. on the other hand, the shirt keeps the smell for much longer time.

is it something wrong with my skin? i so want to wear this a lot but i cant get the best of it...

Regardless of which one I wore (aqua, absolute or regular), there were always compliments received when wearing any on of these.

Basenotes Plus

My wife loves it on me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk