Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Men Wearing Ladies Perfume

Estee Lauder's Private Collection was made specially for her - but it is in reality a unisex chypre
    * Serge Lutens rules *
    Fille en Aiguilles & Gris Clair & Fleurs d'Oranger & Tubereuse Criminelle & Sarrasins & Fumerie Turque & A la Nuit & Santal Majuscule & Sa Majeste la Rose & Five O'Clock Au Gingembre

Jicky, L'Heure Bleue ,Vol De Nuit, Mitsouko, Shalimar Eau Légère, Après l'Ondée, Balmain de Balmain and Rive Gauche, for example.
    Currently wearing: L'Heure Bleue by Guerlain

I have been wearing Womanity Les Parfums de Cuir and gotten many compliments. One of my colleagues asked what I was wearing and I told him Les Parfums de Clitoris. He laughed and stopped asking.

At Bloomingdale's last week they had L'Heure Bleue on display at the men's counter, next to Heritage, GV, and HR. I really liked L'Heure Bleue, didn't try it on skin but I could probably pull it off. Need to get my nose on Shalimar, Mitsuoko, and a few others mentioned here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    At Bloomingdale's last week they had L'Heure Bleue on display at the men's counter, next to Heritage, GV, and HR. I really liked L'Heure Bleue, didn't try it on skin but I could probably pull it off. Need to get my nose on Shalimar, Mitsuoko, and a few others mentioned here.
    L'Heure Bleue is just classic stuff. New or vintage - it's all good, IMO.

Also try Vol de Nuit. That one is very guy-friendly, and just loaded with complexity. Guerlains, by and large, are easy for guys to pull off, because they're so rich and ornate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    But today I like a lot of unisex scents but that's as far as I would push it and that's just down to my own taste.
    Totally agree with that.
    Midnight in Paris, Bulgari Black and Dior Homme Intense are as far as I can blur the line and be comfortable in my own skin.
    My girlfriend is wearing Chanel No. 19 Poudre today, no way could I wear that and be comfortable.
    Scent is very personal!
    FragReviews.com - A Fresh Perspective
    Latest Review: Issey Miyake - L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme Summer 2014

My Sales Thread - FB's For Sale: Hermes - Bel Ami - Updated 06/29

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Totally agree with that.
    Midnight in Paris, Bulgari Black and Dior Homme Intense are as far as I can blur the line and be comfortable in my own skin.
    My girlfriend is wearing Chanel No. 19 Poudre today, no way could I wear that and be comfortable.
    Scent is very personal!
    This is about where I stand also. I do love the smell of women's perfume, some more so then men's but I cant bring myself to wear them. I take my hat off to those who can and do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMav View Post
    Totally agree with that.
    Scent is very personal!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    This is about where I stand also. I do love the smell of women's perfume, some more so then men's but I cant bring myself to wear them. I take my hat off to those who can and do.
    Very much agreed! I have my limits, too. Lily of the valley is just totally out of my ballpark. On the other hand, I can deal with almost any kind of powdery stuff, and most of the Guerlains.

I took a lot of time to get to where I am now - years, in fact. The thing that really won me over to the women's aisle was probably Chanel no. 5 Eau Première. It was just too good. Around that time, Thierry Wasser did an interview, and mentioned that he had been wearing Idylle for six months while he was developing it. And Idylle - wow - MY hat is off to any guy who can wear that one!!! So I figured maybe some of these less floral ones weren't so bad.

Things like Dior Homme, Kenzo Power, and Spicebomb have made it a lot easier to cross the aisle. They've really blurred the lines. Olivier Polge is capable of changing the entire fragrance landscape. Both men and women clamor for his stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    The entire Chanel Les Exclusifs line is technically marketed as female fragrances
    Is it? I've never actually seen it marketed at all, except for the usual display, set aside from the other fragrances, with the wand testers.

Just wear what smells good to you and you'll be fine.

I love to wear Bulgari Blu, the one for women.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Very much agreed! I have my limits, too. Lily of the valley is just totally out of my ballpark. On the other hand, I can deal with almost any kind of powdery stuff, and most of the Guerlains.

I took a lot of time to get to where I am now - years, in fact. The thing that really won me over to the women's aisle was probably Chanel no. 5 Eau Première. It was just too good. Around that time, Thierry Wasser did an interview, and mentioned that he had been wearing Idylle for six months while he was developing it. And Idylle - wow - MY hat is off to any guy who can wear that one!!! So I figured maybe some of these less floral ones weren't so bad.

Things like Dior Homme, Kenzo Power, and Spicebomb have made it a lot easier to cross the aisle. They've really blurred the lines. Olivier Polge is capable of changing the entire fragrance landscape. Both men and women clamor for his stuff!
    I also have the same problem Redneck, i usually can wear powdery fragrances, and i don't mind flowers anymore, but lily of the valley is a big no for me. I hate.

Well, i love idylle I can wear it, specially the patchouly duet one. And the rose on the parfum concentration is amazing too. But it's really delicate indeed - lately i don't wear it too much because my sister discovered my idylle collection and she's wearing it a lot (so i don't need to wear it myself to appreciate lol )

Honestly, i think that any man that can wear the original dior homme intense will feel comfortable with shalimar - specially in the edp concentration, that to me has the vanilla and tonka in more evidence and it's less powdery.

Something on Prada Amber Pour Homme structure always made me think of it as a nephew to L'Heure Bleue.

Blog Entries

Patchouli and rose flankers!!!??? Must check those out! Thanks for the tip, Rick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Patchouli and rose flankers!!!??? Must check those out! Thanks for the tip, Rick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It was the first Idylle edition Redneck, and it's being relaunched this year. The rose is more wine-like and the patchouli gives a nice woody edge to it. It's my favorite Idylle so far.

I've been wearing a lot of Lolita Lempicka edp (yes, the apple shaped bottle), and PG Psychotrope, lately.

Habanita parfum is another I've been wearing. It's like a stronger refined version of Old Spice....no kidding! Smells like it's better suited for a man.

I read at monsieurguerlain that most Guerlain scents, specially the ones pre 2000's, all mixes male and female aspects in the same fragrance and that at guerlain they never start from scratch for a new scent, but instead they take a formula and blur it, tone up and down some notes and voila, a new classic is born. No wonder if you like one of them you probably will like the others as well. The mixture of L'heure Bleu and Dior Homme Sport is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Honestly, i think that any man that can wear the original dior homme intense will feel comfortable with shalimar - specially in the edp concentration, that to me has the vanilla and tonka in more evidence and it's less powdery.

Something on Prada Amber Pour Homme structure always made me think of it as a nephew to L'Heure Bleue.

Sorry, double post ...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stevolution73 View Post
    I've been wearing a lot of Lolita Lempicka edp (yes, the apple shaped bottle), and PG Psychotrope, lately.

Habanita parfum is another I've been wearing. It's like a stronger refined version of Old Spice....no kidding! Smells like it's better suited for a man.
    Yes - that Habanita parfum is supposedly a great one for the boys - have not tried it, yet. I love the video when it came out. GREAT bottle, too.

I don't know how is the current formulation of Habanita, but the parfum that i have is very smoky, spicy and it would definitely suit easily a man.

Honestly, i think that any man that can wear the original dior homme intense will feel comfortable with shalimar.
    He boiled for our sins.

If you look at the thread about men's frags that get the most compliments from women they all mostly smell very feminine which is to be expected.

Men want their women to smell and act like women where a lot of women want men to be their girlfriend and smell like one too.