Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default Dsquared2 ocean wet wood blows away Gucci pour Homme II

If you like GphII, then do yourself a favor and try dsq2 ocean wet wood.
    It is the best oceanic/marine scent for the price range.
    It reminds me of an ocean breeze with aromatic woods.
    Just fantastic.

Default Re: Dsquared2 ocean wet wood blows away Gucci pour Homme II

Sounds good I will look out for that one. I am quite impressed with Dsquared2 as they produce quality scents for a reasonable price.

Gucci phII isn't an oceanic/marine scent so it's difficult to compare the two.

I agree, and does the dsquared2 have any cinnamon? cinnamon and tea is what makes GpHII so appealing for me, and in a way it reminds me more of a kind of sportish/fresh Egoiste, as a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol invictus View Post

Banned

I never said gph2 is marine type. I said ocean wet wood is the best oceanic scent for the price range.
    The resemblance is in their ozonic notes.
    They sure can be compared to eachother if you smelled both and to me ds2 ocean is the winner by more than a mile

I recently purchased a bottle of Gucci pH II, and it is anything but ocean/marine like. I'd probably stick in the tobacco/spicy genre, it reminds me a little of Burberry London, to be honest. Haven't tried Ocean Wet Wood, but based on the notes, and reviews, I can't see these being similar at all.
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    I never said gph2 is marine type. I said ocean wet wood is the best oceanic scent for the price range.
    They sure can be compared to eachother if you smelled both and to me ds2 ocean is the winner by more than a mile
    It's the violet leaf that they both share. There isn't any marine or anything resembling a marine note in GPHII. It's all about violet leaf, black tea, cinnamon, tobacco, etc. Ocean wet wood violet leaf in the opening with a ton of woods. Probably would help if your changed the title of the thread since your just asking for it.

I love the Gucci and just by looking at the notes of the other, they would seem to be quite different, but personally have no experience with the other yet as far as I recall.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

People,
    they both smell very ozonic, breezy...
    they both have a very detectable violet leaf note and musk.
    of course they have differences but they can be compared to eachother.
    Please try the Ocean wet wood. You will see what I mean.
    The stuff is awesome!

I like both, indeed Ocean Wet Wood tends to outlast GPH II quite a bit, smelling equally subtle and smooth but at a stronger concentration (even though, in theory, both fragrances are EDT).

Ocean wet wood is a great scent. It's one of the best fresh aquatic I have tried and it's different.

Still don't know why I didn't get a bottle yet. But it's not going anywhere, I'll get it eventually lol.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

This is what I thought. I haven't tried GPHII, but I've seen it compared numerous times as being real close to Hanae Mori HiM.
    I have the latter, and it is nothing about oceanic/marine/ozonic, or whatever word you want to use. It is mostly woods (cedar I'd say) and spices (cinnamon, etc).
    But this Ocean Wet Wood sounds very interesting.
    Last edited by bigsteve; 9th March 2014 at 03:34 PM.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

I personally don't find Gucci remotely ozonic, but maybe you do. This game is a subjective one.

Regardless of the thread's title, this one sounds like something to look into for the spring and summer.

I just ordered a bottle.

Thanks for the idea!

Banned

Buysblind
    Please come to this thread and let me know your thoughts when you smell it.
    I personally think its a masterpiece.
    First time I smelled it, I had a vision of me being on a wooden pier by the ocean, feeling a beautiful breeze.

Buysblind
    Please come to this thread and let me know your thoughts when you smell it.
    I personally think its a masterpiece.
    First time I smelled it, I had a vision of me being on a wooden pier by the ocean, feeling a beautiful breeze.
    I definitely will. It should arrive around Wednesday. I grabbed Chrome Legend while I was at it too, as I've heard a few good things about it. But I'm really looking forward to the DSquared. It sounds great. Once it starts warming up, summer frags are a lot of fun, and I'm a big fan of fresh scents and aquatics.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I grabbed Chrome Legend while I was at it too, as I've heard a few good things about it.
    This one is a huge compliment getter! I remember purchasing it about 7 years ago at the Tanger outlet in Foley, Alabama with some classmates. I still had the scent of it on my hand when I hopped in the car and one of the classmates told me it smelled amazing and asked what it was. As soon as I told her, she told our driver to wait while she immediately went inside the store and bought a bottle for her boyfriend! It can smell "synthetic" and cloying if overdone but a great summer fragrance nonetheless!
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Have to give this one a try.

I've owned D2 Ocean Wet Wood for the past two years, I bought it when I first got into fragrances. Girlfriend loves it, it's got tenacious longevity, it's somewhat unique and it just smells great. I've suggested this to others in the past, nobody has seemed to really take the bait on my suggestions though haha. Good to see people coming around to it.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...