Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: S.O.T.D. - Monday, 10 March, 2014.

Hi everyone. Comme des Garcons 2 for me today, which is so light I'll get to apply something else tonight. Probably Coromandel, for strength.

I’m hoping that RHM, sfmedusa and danieq will soon feel better.

Evangeline, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the St. Vincent show. I'm a fan, too.

Mike, I’m impressed with your juice cleanse. That's so good for a person. If only I had willpower.
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

Good evening all Today I had a rather busy start of the week...and the rain and wind just wouldn't stop :/ No wonder I just got a cold. Sotd helped though I wss in the sunny Dolce vita during the day. Now I've switched to Egoiste. Glad I got tomorrow off
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

bleu-ish tint
    Jayhawk country!

I'm wearing Herve Leger today. I rescued my bottle maybe 9 years ago? So I'm not really sure its age ... I think the topnotes may be off just a little, but ooooh I love this jasmine, heliotrope, osthmanthus, vanilla, sandalwood concoction. I'm dreaming of Spring ...

Sending get well wishes to RHM, danieq, sfmedusa, ineespenes and anyone else who could use them ... and as always, hugs to all!
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 11th March 2014 at 01:41 AM.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: Black Orchid by Tom Ford

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Glad you've gotten meds for your bronchitis/asthma, RHM. Try to rest now.

You too, ineespenes...sounds like your upcoming day off is just what is needed.

Your juices sound delicious, Mike.

(((sfmedusa))) I hope you can get all you need done for you in a timely way. I'm sorry you're in so much pain.

Basenotes Institution
    Miami, FL

sfmedusa - oh wow, sounds like a trying day indeed. I hope the solution to the pain and inability to walk come soon. I was having lunch today with an older friend who's going to have to have a minor procedure done on his prostate Wednesday and he was just so frustrated, I spent the entire lunch just listening to him and sort of letting him vent. The doctor's office he's having the procedure done at had rescheduled his surgery already two times...he doesn't drive so he relies on friends to drive him to and from the hospital so he was concerned that he'd be a burden to them...he had to cancel seeing a concert and a show this weekend. Getting sick and needing medical care can sometimes be very frustrating. I hope that it all works out for the best. ((bear hugs))
    Mocha & 30 Roses - thanks the juices are very well done. I'll post a picture of them tomorrow, even the bottles / packaging are gorgeous. Seriously
    ExtremeK - that daily 'quiet time' sounds like just the thing. Once you have it as a part of your life, it will be easy. I did a daily meditation, every morning, 15 minutes - for about 6 months and it really invigorated me. It was some of the most serene moments of my life, in the middle of my new life as a single man, a tough time. The power of getting 'quiet' cannot be overstated.
    RHM - I was hoping you'd pick 'Gatsby' as his name, that was my favorite of the two. Yay! Take your Rx and get some rest. ineespenes, you get rest too! ((hugs))
    TrilbyLark - how was your first day at your new job? I've been at my current job for 10 years now, I sort of forgot what it feels like to be at a new job. Sort of like first day of school, I would imagine.

Tonight, I got to spend some time, after work, at a place I haven't been in years. I won't go into specifics but it was a place that I got a lot of help from, many many years ago, and I had the ability to go tonight & help others. Just walking in there all of these memories came back - it was a mixture of nostalgia, nervousness & joy. It made the end of a very challenging day (with my hunger) very wonderful.

I was scent twins with ineespenes:

Egoiste by Chanel

Before all of the cold weather leaves us for good I had to get in one more wearing of this fruit/spice/sandalwood powerhouse. It's so satisfying, on so many different levels, this one. A classic, for sure. Thanks to matildaben, for splitting a bottle of this with me, back when we were in Las Vegas at the BN meetup.
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 11th March 2014 at 02:37 AM.
    "Reincarnation doesn't help you if in your next reincarnation you still don't know who you are"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Norne by Slumberhouse

Champion Thread Killer

The Big Blue Marble
    Blog Entries

Sampling Montale Sweet Oriental Dream tonight
    "Are you a god?"
    "Are you a wizard?"
    "Are you a man?"
    "Then what are you?"
    "I am awake.."
    Currently wearing: Acier Aluminium by Creed

queen of the universe
    Rustbeltistan on Erie

SOTN is vintage Arpège extrait.
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!
    Currently wearing: Arpège by Lanvin