Code of Conduct

Default Van Cleef & Arpels Cologne Noire - What is Like it?

Hey guys,

Recently Sampled this and I have to be honest, I love it. Absolutely Love it. Yes it does have a bit of a "designer vibe" but JUSTT a bit. And Yes its insanely overpriced for what you are getting. And I do mean INSANELY overpriced. BUT I love it none the less. However the biggest fault with it for me is the longevity and projection. I think i got two hours out of it each time I sampled it with the dab vial. Of course i expect the atomizer to be a bit better but all indications from reviews ive read is that it wont.

As far as reviews there arent many. I dont think many have gotten their nose on it and when they do the thoughts are less than inspired. I think "forgettable" was a word a kept seeing. SO on to my point. Is there anyone who has gotten their nose on it that can recommend a more "AMPED UP" version. I was told today to check out Cereus 7 and I plan to but I wanted to get some other options to research.

In the end ill probably get the VC&A but if I find a more powerful alternative ill have to consider it.

Thanks!
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Default Re: Van Cleef & Arpels Cologne Noire - What is Like it?

Never smelled it, but you can get it on Amazon for a good price.

Didn't know of this one so I looked on Amazon. The item title says it's a women's frag, but the description says unisex. Is this at all reminiscent of VC&A Pour Homme or is it totally different? I have that one, like it very much and it's an absolute beast even in cold weather. Disappointing to hear that VC&A would turn out something with lackluster sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    Didn't know of this one so I looked on Amazon. The item title says it's a women's frag, but the description says unisex. Is this at all reminiscent of VC&A Pour Homme or is it totally different? I have that one, like it very much and it's an absolute beast even in cold weather. Disappointing to hear that VC&A would turn out something with lackluster sillage.
    Yeah this is supposed to be apart of a collection thats more "niche" than their other offerings however it does seem to fail in the performance department. Which is really odd considering this is created by Mark Buxton who is known for his polarizing scents. I wouldnt have expected this to come from him.

Out of this I get alot of pepper but then some seductive woods and some orange to freshen it up.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

This is the one in the exclusive line that leans more to masculine than to the feminine IMO. I own it and think it's a very nice scent. Pleasantly spicy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I love it and have not bought it because of the price. I had also thought it to be very short lived but on last try out I found it to be quite satisfactory. Yes, I think the peper mix with the citrus is a real winner.