Code of Conduct

Default New Tom Ford 2014?

did a quick search (and image search) and couldn't find anything else about these.

Does anyone else have additional info about any of these fragrances on the left or right?
    Last edited by LMT; 11th March 2014 at 06:08 PM.

Default Re: New Tom Ford 2014?

Don't know anything specific, but heard some vague rumors to this effect. Interesting to note that the foundation fragrance for this series seems to be Neroli Portofino. It's a pretty good one, in my opinion, so I'm automatically interested enough to sample the others.

I hope it's true. And I hope it's soon!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. by Kilian - Incense Oud
    5. Puredistance - Black
    6. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    7. Armani Privé - Oud Royal
    8. Brückner - Aoud 1
    9. Creed - Royal English Leather
    10. House of Matriarch - Blackbird

Own Neroli Portifino. Never heard of the other two.

It will be interesting to look for these soon. Thanks for sharing!

Basenotes Junkie

I am not the biggest fan of Neroli Portofino. Its definitley not bad, its ok but its a bit meh at the same time. I think it smells like something youd expect to be pumped through the air con in a department store fragrance hall. I dont think its very natual for such a style of fragrance to be so strong either, its a bit to much. Im sure it smells better on a woman also, or as a shared bathroom fragrance between couples, not my scene.

Im not suprised TF is doing this. I wont be going out of my way to hunt these out but if i happen to be at a location where there available id definitley give them a sniff to see what there like...
    Last edited by DMA; 11th March 2014 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    I am not the biggest fan of Neroli Portofino. Its definitley not bad, its ok but its a bit meh at the same time. I think it smells like something youd expect to be pumped through the air con in a department store fragrance hall. I dont think its very natual for such a style of fragrance to be so strong either, its a bit to much. Im sure it smells better on a woman also, or as a shared bathroom fragrance between couples, not my scene.

Im not suprised TF is doing this. I wont be going out of my way to hunt these out but if i happen to be at a location where there available id definitley give them a sniff to see what there like...
    I agree about Neroli. Very blah to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I agree about Neroli. Very blah to me.
    Not crazy about this either.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

pass for me , not a fan ot Tom Ford's citrusy fragrances.

Funny there's the Amalfi coast name and then Portofino and Formentera. (Regarding which, i cannot imagine what a Formentera might be like. Booze and disco sweat?)

Citrusy clean evidently sells.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Here in England we have a saying about someone who tries to hard, and thats what NP reminds me of when i smell it, a trying to hard person. (Picture wannabe wealthy middle aged woman who tries to keep up with her neighbours and knows nothing about perfume here. If she knew what Xerjoff was shed buy it, and would love to be on her yaught with her friends every weekend down in the south of france, but unfortunatley she doesnt have one and her husband is out at work all day and the reality is she is just a bored housewife lol). Yes its a citrus, yes its summery. Its also very loud and obnoxious, it says look at me, here i am. It is synthetically abnormal and too bright in my opinion.

Ill take reserved charm over showing off and the wannabe nouveaux rich scene anyday of the week, which is the exact picture that pops up into my head when i smell it, and it also smells like a million and one things ive smelt before on a female SA in Department Store.

For the woman who aspires to be a footballers wife but shes past that age now...
    Last edited by DMA; 12th March 2014 at 08:45 AM.

I like Neroli Portofino a lot, but have problems with it's longevity. Still, I'll be interested in these. Will be interesting to compare to AdP's Blu Mediterraneo line, given the similarities...

The only fresh scent I admire from TF is GV as for NP smells like Johnson &johnson Baby lotion...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Yup, Grey Vetiver is pretty great. I wore it last Summer, mainly for a couple of friend's weddings, both outdoor, that I attended.
    For that kind of formal, warm weather event, GV is aces.

Neroli Portofino smells really nice, but it's both very short lived and just a little bit too soft and feminine for me. For that kind of a Summer citrus, I'd rather wear Dior Homme Sport, the newer one, or Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi.

This a spoof ?

I really hope this is true and the other 2 fragrances have good longevity. Neroli portofino is gone within an hour!

Basenotes Plus

Perhaps I am lucky, but NP last for close to 8 hours on my skin. The amber/warm/musky notes linger for a long time after the citrus fades; its one of the reasons why I really love it.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    (Regarding which, i cannot imagine what a Formentera might be like. Booze and disco sweat?)
    So.... a proper Tom Ford fragrance, then, perfectly suited to his image of a carefree party boy...? ;-)

I, for one, love and own most TF fragrances, and can't wait to see these new ones out in the summer. Neroli Portofino is one of the better summer fragrances out there - for a citrus/neroli fragrance, it lasts a solid 8-12 hours, even in our extreme summer heat (110-125F). Show me another similar summertime fragrance that smells at least as good and lasts all day.

BTW - isn't Formentera where you go to to get away from the booze and disco sweat of the next-door Ibiza? Or is Ibiza the college crowd place, and Formentera the more upper-crust party place? Never been myself, so I'm only making guesses here.
    Last edited by remik; 18th March 2014 at 05:30 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Wow. Who would have thought that from the original 12 scents that Tom Ford released in his Private Blend series, Neroli Portofino would be the cash-cow out of all of them.

It's okay. I find Anbar by Comme des Garcons just as good for about 1/3 or less of the price of NP
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Perhaps I am lucky, but NP last for close to 8 hours on my skin. The amber/warm/musky notes linger for a long time after the citrus fades; its one of the reasons why I really love it.
    I've often heard it's longevity praised. On me, however, it's poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1 View Post

Neroli Portofino smells really nice, but it's both very short lived and just a little bit too soft and feminine for me. For that kind of a Summer citrus, I'd rather wear Dior Homme Sport, the newer one, or Uomo by Lorenzo Villoresi.
    At least I'm not the only one...!

Come on, come out already!

I am starting to think this is a fake!