Code of Conduct

Default Aventus and an office environment

I recently smelled and purchased Creed Aventus thinking it would be a perfect versatile office scent. I've been wearing it for a couple weeks now, and while no one has complained (I have even gotten compliments at work) it just doesn't feel all that appropriate. I work in a fairly conservative office.

Am I the only one that feels like its really not much of an office scent? Based on what I read around here people seem to think its perfect for any occasion!

I am thinking of re-purchasing Green Irish Tweed (finished my first bottle) or possibly getting Tom Ford Neroli Portofino for the office.

Default Re: Aventus and an office environment

I wouldnt.
    I also own Aventus, and it can be intrusive at times.
    I find it more appropriate for party type social events and going out.
    Its versatile, but I dont find Aventus to be professional.
    For Sale - Niche & Designer - Bottles & Samples - Updated 8/20

Top 5
    ----------------------------------
    Kiton - Men
    Van Cleef & Arpels - Midnight In Paris EDP
    Guerlain - Homme L'eau Boisee
    Comme des Garcons - Wonderwood
    Gucci - Pour Homme 2003

I have worn Aventus to the the office on several occasions and while it wouldn't be my first choice, I have never had problems wearing it in that environment and personally wouldn't hesitate to wear it there in the future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Great scent, but maybe not something that would fall under the "office friendly" category.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I might wear it on a Friday if I have no meetings that day. Aventus projects quite a bit on me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Your office fears will be assuaged with a nice big bottle of Green Irish Tweed.

Basenotes Plus

One thing that I notice with Aventus, is that very quickly my nose gets tired and I don't smell it anymore. But, then my colleagues say they can smell me from five feet away. Be VERY careful with Aventus. It is easy to over apply it an annoy people. It smells fantastic, but it would not be my top choice for a safe office scent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bejahu View Post
    One thing that I notice with Aventus, is that very quickly my nose gets tired and I don't smell it anymore. But, then my colleagues say they can smell me from five feet away. Be VERY careful with Aventus. It is easy to over apply it an annoy people. It smells fantastic, but it would not be my top choice for a safe office scent.
    I agree. It's very easy to overdo this one and not be aware of it. I treat it as an *occasional* office scent - one to mix things up a bit. One or two sprays is safe. Just go light. One of the few scents I know where some guy got sent home from work for wearing it.

I wear it twice a week.. Fridays and Mondays. Why these two days? Cause I have a meeting with female account exec's and they always comment on it.. It's not my favorite frag but it has kept me in their office.... Like others have suggested, keep a lite trigger finger as it seems to fade fast however hours later people around you can smell it... It's a tricky one..

I wouldn't say it would be my first choice for the office, but it's not bad for the office either.

I think Green Irish Tweed is better for the office, Aventus being far better at everything else. Aventus is more of a sexy, fun, yet dark fragrance that suits night-time events better. May I suggest Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Bleu de Chanel and Dior Homme/Sport for the office?

My go to office scent is GIT, don't feel Aventus fits the environment. I wear Interlude Man, M, and many other powerful scents, so the strength of the scent doesn't bother me, I just put less on. Aventus is my go out and get noticed scent and it doesn't communicate what I want in that setting. Also, olfactory fatigue and so-so longevity is another reason. I like having a scent that will last the work day. Today it was Tobacco Vanille, it's nice driving home and still smelling what I'm wearing.
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

It can be too strong for a office environment. In fact a well known youtuber reviewer was sent home from work for stinking out his workplace with this. lol..... Heres the video.

Aventus wouldn't be my first choice for the office but if you spray sparingly, you should be ok.

One spray...or something else for the office. Too strong.

I wear it to the office regularly and don't think it's inappropriate. I have gotten many compliments too.

Thursday/Friday scent , when I'm in the mood for it.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

totally depends on the office (work environment)...

I wear it frequently at work.. one spray.

Basenotes Plus

I have not had an issue wearing it at work, but I only use a LITTLE -- a couple of small dabs (no sprays). My 22 year old office assistant loves Aventus.

How would you apply it for the office? One spray under the shirt on the chest? A dab or two on each side of the neck? I really enjoy the smell but its the projection and silage that make me believe its not office appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Great scent, but maybe not something that would fall under the "office friendly" category.
    Agreed. Maybe 1 spray but then what's the poit?

I wear it occasionally to the office but am careful not to overapply. It really projects and can create a distraction. One of my partners wears it regularly and I can pick it up from quite a distance when he does.

dont do it. so many guys wear it now that its kind of lost its edge. dare to be different

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    I wear it occasionally to the office but am careful not to overapply. It really projects and can create a distraction. One of my partners wears it regularly and I can pick it up from quite a distance when he does.
    What field do you work in, if I may ask? Do you think the smell is appropriate and its mostly a projection issue? The projection can be solved with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt. I'm really just looking to find out if this is appropriate for everyday office wear (meetings with clients, sitting in a cubicle etc), and how to apply it if it is!

Thanks so much guys

What field do you work in, if I may ask? Do you think the smell is appropriate and its mostly a projection issue? The projection can be solved with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt. I'm really just looking to find out if this is appropriate for everyday office wear (meetings with clients, sitting in a cubicle etc), aWhat field do you work in, if I may ask? Do you think the smell is appropriate and its mostly a projection issue? The projection can be solved with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt. I'm really just looking to find out if this is appropriate for everyday office wear (meetings with clients, sitting in a cubicle etc), and how to apply it if it is!

Thanks so much guysnd how to apply it if it is!

Thanks so much guys

Quote Originally Posted by Tetris23 View Post
    What field do you work in, if I may ask? Do you think the smell is appropriate and its mostly a projection issue? The projection can be solved with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt. I'm really just looking to find out if this is appropriate for everyday office wear (meetings with clients, sitting in a cubicle etc), aWhat field do you work in, if I may ask? Do you think the smell is appropriate and its mostly a projection issue? The projection can be solved with 1 or 2 sprays under the shirt. I'm really just looking to find out if this is appropriate for everyday office wear (meetings with clients, sitting in a cubicle etc), and how to apply it if it is!

Thanks so much guysnd how to apply it if it is!

Thanks so much guys
    I am in a law firm which I co-founded 30 years ago. We have no set rules for fragrance wear in the office, but I think Aventus is one that you should be conservative in application in a setting where you'll meet with clients or be near other employees on a continuous basis. In my experience (and I think others from reading many posts on Aventus over the years), this is a fragrance that the wearer can become somewhat anosmic to and not realize how others in their proximity notice it. That said, I would add that I personally enjoy wearing Aventus. I first bought it in 2010 and have happily worn it on many occasions. I just think people should be aware of its projection potency when they wear it to their workplace and apply accordingly.

I am in a law firm which I co-founded 30 years ago. We have no set rules for fragrance wear in the office, but I think Aventus is one that you should be conservative in application in a setting where you'll meet with clients or be near other employees on a continuous basis. In my experience (and I think others from reading many posts on Aventus over the years), this is a fragrance that the wearer can become somewhat anosmic to and not realize how others in their proximity notice it. That said, I would add that I personally enjoy wearing Aventus. I first bought it in 2010 and have happily worn it on many occasions. I just think people should be aware of its projection potency when they wear it to their workplace and apply accordingly.
    Great, thank you!

Anyone else here wear aventus in a corporate environment?

I work for a federal government agency. I wore Aventus today and immediately got six compliments from three men and three women that work in my area. They said it was a pleasant scent and wasn't too strong. I think it is entirely appropriate for the workplace. I guess the potential variables though are application (too much) and batch variations (too smoky?).

I wear Aventus to the office as part of a rotation. Maybe once or twice a week, depending on my mood. I always get complimented on it, and I can be trigger happy sometimes.
    The one, ironically, that drew some ire once was LIDGE.