Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Sonoma Scent Studios Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by xiang View Post
    Given the mostly positive reviews of the line, I was surprised to find that a few of the others I sampled had a strong sourness that I found distracting. I had a bit of a eureka moment when I stumbled across this post on Laurie's blog with a potential explanation.
    Glad I wasn't the only one, and there's a reason why. Very interesting article. I found most of them to be too sour, really turned me off. Couldn't figure out why. Thanks for sharing!
    Current favorites:
    1. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    2. Peety by O'Driu
    3. M by Puredistance
    4. Vikt by Slumberhouse
    5. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    6. Spice & Wood by Creed
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

I just ordered my first scent from this line (Tabac aurea, the cold weather got me in the mood for a new straight-up tobacco scent), and I came home to find a package with some samples (Incense Pure and Winter Woods) along with the order.

Let me just say that I am very impressed! Tonight I am trying out Incense Pure, and wow, this is really, really wonderful. I usually find incense scents too challenging to wear in front of other people, but this one has so much going on that it doesn't get too "churchy" for me and I think I could pull it off, even at the office. I love the depth... I have been meaning to try this line for quite some time and just decided to take the plunge. I'm glad I did--this is really my sort of aesthetic.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gtsb View Post
    I just ordered my first scent from this line (Tabac aurea, the cold weather got me in the mood for a new straight-up tobacco scent), and I came home to find a package with some samples (Incense Pure and Winter Woods) along with the order.

Let me just say that I am very impressed!
    As you should be - the line is fantastic! The three you mentioned above are among my favorites - I just have two more, Fireside Intense and Forest Walk, which I also love. These five share similar aesthetic and are all fantastic, so if you love Tabac Aurea, Incense Pure and Winter Woods - definitely check out the other two. Highly recommended! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    As you should be - the line is fantastic! The three you mentioned above are among my favorites - I just have two more, Fireside Intense and Forest Walk, which I also love. These five share similar aesthetic and are all fantastic, so if you love Tabac Aurea, Incense Pure and Winter Woods - definitely check out the other two. Highly recommended! :-)
    Thanks Remik for the tip! If / when I order Incense Pure, I will check out samples of the other two.