Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Have the famously popular fragrances become unpopular enough to be "unique" now?

I remember during the early 90s, EVERYONE was wearing Polo Green.
    I liked it back then, and hardly anyone wears it now, and I love to wear it when the day is cold enough to do so, and im in the mood for it.
    That punch in the face of pine, fresh cut tobacco and leather is perfect on those searing cold windy days up here.

Not a regular wear for me, but I've come to appreciate it more now, since I dont smell it around every corner.
    1-2 sprays is my max. Dudes used to use this like a body spray in high school, nauseating.
    YouTube reviews with integrity: My "FragReviews" Channel
    3 Latest Videos: Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Colonia Fiorentina / Profumo di Firenze - 1954 Dolce Prospettiva / Guerlain - L'Homme Ideal EDP
    Favorite House: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    Fragrance Sales: eBay Store

Default Re: Have the famously popular fragrances become unpopular enough to be "unique" now?

Even if they would be past their prime it would be hard to consider them as uncommon (out of fashion or old fashioned is probably the best you could hope for) seeing as they are in every department store, plenty of fakes on Ebay and can be smelled on the young and the elderly who may have worn them since they first came on the market.

Dependent

I can definitely see le male going away, then coming back as a cult classic. I smelled it last week and I actually missed it. ADG is never going away, it's like cool water
    Currently wearing: Dia Man by Amouage

nope maybe in another 15 or 20 years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    Two of my favorite scents. You must be from a place I dream about.
    Then come to Nebraska. You will think you've died and gone to 1980's perfume Heaven.

To put it in perspective, I have smelled Musc Ravageur on more people than I have Le Male in the last few years. (I have a friend who wears it, therefore I have smelled it on one person).

Personally, I don't know if guys are wearing ADG because on me, it has unfortunately poor projection and longevity, so that could be the case for others.
    My Current Fab Four Fragrances:
    1) La Nuit De L'homme
    2) Valentino Uomo Intense
    3) Pure Malt
    4) Le Male

I see a lot of basenoters slamming Le Male but I love it. No one in my area seems to know about it nor do they wear it. That makes it even better for me because I don't have to worry about it being over popular. ADG... Can't stand it. Way too common and way too boring. I'll never own a bottle nor a sample. Someone brought up Curve... Still smells good and as far as common fragrances go, it blows ADG away.

I hope the fad dies off sooner rather than later. I had a thing for AdG about 14 years ago but will definitely not wear it any time soon. I want a sample for nostalgia reasons.