Code of Conduct

Default JPG Fleur de Male vs Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey vs Chrome Legend Azzaro

I'm a 17 year old guy, just looking for a good summer cologne that is strong and will draw some compliments, my budget is about $50 which is what I could get one of the above for, which one is the nicest smelling/strongest/compliment drawing etc.

Default Re: JPG Fleur de Male vs Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey vs Chrome Legend Azzaro

Listen very carefully, my friend! Fleur du Male can be your best friend, or your worst enemy. If you use too many sprays, it can be a terribly offensive fragrance. BUT, if you apply just one spray on your chest under your shirt, it can be a magical experience. Le Male's milky, floral cousin. I would definitely choose Fleur du Male from the options listed.
    jpg-fleur-du-male.jpg

Default Re: JPG Fleur de Male vs Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey vs Chrome Legend Azzaro

Thanks for the reply, have you tried the other fragrances? What did you think of them?

I own all three and they're all nice IMO but of the three I'd choose L'Eau D'Issey.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Fleur du male was not near as disgusting as the original to me. I hate almost everything jpg and have tried almost all of it to give it a fair shake. Filthy girly cripe! FDM is the only I found I could stand to be near for more than 5 minutes. It's okay, too sweet for me.

Chrome Legend is good, very good.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, touches LEdIPH! Ever! So yeah, I'm a fan!

I haven't tried Chrome Legend. I own L'eau D'Issey. It is a masterpiece as well.

Of these three L'eau D'Issey is the longest lasting and the biggest compliment getter IMO. Although Chrome Legend is quite nice too. Personally I couldn't stand FdM, it smelt like a old lady perfume on me....WAY TOO floral for my tastes.

I think I've narrowed it down to L'eau d'Issey and Chrome Legend... but i don't know how to choose, which one has a nicer scent to smell? (considering both have good longevity and sillage)

Fleur Du Male is amazing but a 17 year old would NEVER appreciate it. That's not an insult to your age because when I was 17, there would have been no way I would have worn it. Fast forward to me being 34... I'll take Fleur Du Male every time.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Issey Miyake for best scent, longevity and projection.

Either L'Eau d'Issey or Chrome.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Personally I couldn't stand FdM, it smelt like a old lady perfume on me....WAY TOO floral for my tastes.
    This as well, reminded me of my reaction to lapidus ph. Old woman floral and sweet.

Issey Miyake

One of the few fragrances i have that LASTS in the heat.

Thanks for all the replies, i'v gotten good feedback on Issey Miyake and Fleur de Male but nothing on Chrome Legend by Azzaro yet, anybody own this? Is it strong? Whats the scent like?

A little irrelevant to the post now that OP has eliminated Fleur du Male but I am wearing it out right now and just received a nice compliment. A love this fragrance

Do you think its "like a old lady perfume on me....WAY TOO floral for my tastes." like somebody mentioned earlier?

The opening can be a little up there on the white flowers. And like I said, this is a 1 spray fragrance for sure. Have you smelled Le Male?

Fleur de Male, own it - couldn't wear it,

like the scent though, there is something about orange flower and the warm base
    but couldn't stand the horse-piss facet of it.

Legend I don't think I tried it
    You live in UK and sweeter scents seem to be popular there like invictus, one million etc, I'd try versace dreamer as well, if sweet scent is what you are looking for the summer.

Issey Miyake is another classic a bit played out imo but holds the heat very well with its refreshing watermelon notes.
    Last edited by perfectscent; 15th March 2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: wrong name country

Iv never owned it, tested if a few times in a store but it was with a few different colognes so never got a proper smell of it, hoping to test it on myself again soon..

Chrome Legend is ok. I've gotten a couple of compliments on it but it's a bit forgettable. Slightly spicy but clean and very safe. It stays in the back of my large collection.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Go easy on the trigger - but of the ones mentioned I would go with the Chrome Legend

( or for me the better Chrome Sport)

I have yet to try L'eau D'issey - but it sounds interesting

But Fleur du male ??? - It smelled simply ghastly to me - and it would not go away ! But I do need to admit that perhaps it not the best scent for a 50 year old to be wearing anyway - So if it works for you go for it!!
    Last edited by TurnerIII; 16th March 2014 at 12:40 AM.

Perhaps if you are trying to be safe, go with the Issey Miyake.

I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Issey Miyake for best scent, longevity and projection.

L'eau D'issey

Issey

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Im glad I found this thread. Ive been curious about Issey and the Fleur. I know Issey is almost a classic but ive been curious about the Fleur. From what Ive read its very floral which can be great for summer. If I were you niall_odonnell, I would try to find a store that has both and spray one on each arm and see which one I liked best. Speaking of doing that.....I need to do the same.

FdM cologne
    Working on updating my cologne wardrobe!

Favorite House: Editions de Parfum de Frederick Malle

Fleur du Male - My wife banned me from ever wearing it, "Why would you want to smell like a woman?" she asked. Though I must admit there is something about it I like.

L'Eau D'Issey - very good, long lasting summer scent. It feels light when you first apply it, and you wouldn't think it would last more than three or four hours, but it does.

Chrome Legend - I've never liked it much, though I own it - something in its opening I don't like, though it does get better later. "Perfumes: The Guide" describes it as jasmine woody, which strikes me as a fair enough description. That said, when one looks up notes at Fragrantica, there is no mention of jasmine.

Whenever 17 year olds here ask for advice, I feel derelict if I don't mention my then 17 year old nephew's experience (he's now 19). Basically, he owned about 70 scents courtesy of his generous uncle. But the one that got him noticed time after time by 17 year old girls was Paris Hilton For Men (a fresh fruity summery scent) which can be found fairly inexpensively nowadays. Whether it would work as well among young females in England, I don't know.
    Regards,
    Renato

L'Eau D'Issey for a seventeen year old in the summer I think.

For you age, FdM is probably gonna be a bit hard to pull off, that's more for the 25+ crowd imho. L'eau D'Issey would be ideal if you actually like it; to me, it smells like salty chlorinated water or something, it just doesn't work. Haven't tried Chrome Legend, but based on the notes, it looks decent. You probably shouldn't limit yourself though, with a budget of <50, there is a world of Summer fragrances that are far more unique, with exceptional longevity and projection, just sample them first.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

I would either go with issey or chrome legend. I prefer the original chrome over the ones mentioned tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellingGoodMexican View Post
    I would either go with issey or chrome legend. I prefer the original chrome over the ones mentioned tho.
    The thread was started in March.... anyways, I'd maybe go for the JPG (for myself, but I'm in my 20's).
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 2nd December 2014 at 10:05 PM.
    (Formerly Jouho)

chrome legend

From among the list, perhaps Chrome Legend.

Essential oil

OK, for the Summer and for a 17 yo guy? Legend.

Issey is to stuffy and Fleur du Māle too barroque - unless you want to be noticed at the risk of being signaled as the cologne guy. Don't get me wrong, I like it but it is not an easy one to wear.

OK, for the Summer and for a 17 yo guy? Legend.

Issey is to stuffy and Fleur du Māle too barroque - unless you want to be noticed at the risk of being signaled as the cologne guy. Don't get me wrong, I like it but it is not an easy one to wear.

Fleur du Male by faaaaaR