Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ebene - Pierre Balmain. A Masterpiece That Deserves More...

I just wanted to come back and update. Thanks to some generous BNers I had the opportunity to sample Ebene. In short, it is worthy of the praise it receives!

I also agree with the Azzaro + spearmint + caraway comments - that really nails it on the head. But this is blended so well, I would choose this over Azzaro any day. The projection and longevity are great with this one too. I put on the smallest dab from the vial on the back of my hand and could easily smell it wafting around me for the remainder of the day(and it was still there in the morning when I woke)- excellent performance. So basically I want to echo what others are saying about this. Its too bad the prices are so high for this one, because its a great true masculine scent.

I vaguely remember one of my uncles use to wear this in the late 80s/early90s when I was a kid , the bottle is exactly as I remembered it. I need to try this again , from what I remember it had this evergreen quality but musky. It had this magnetic charm about it.
    Its sad all these fougere scents have been destroyed by IFRA regulations.
    Last edited by Vinrambo09; 9th November 2015 at 04:26 PM.

Ebene is gorgeous.
    I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for David who sent me a sample of it almost a year ago.
    Thanks again David!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsieur Montana View Post
    Ebene is gorgeous.
    I wouldn't have tried it if it wasn't for David who sent me a sample of it almost a year ago.
    Thanks again David!
    You're welcome. Glad you like it !

For anyone who loves Ebene, you MUST(!) also try this other, (unfortunately equally hard to find) beauty....

GRES MONSIEUR, (not to be confused with Gres pour Homme). Gres Monsieur is like a twin Brother of Ebene. Both are exceptional.
    There's also a sport version of Gres Monsieur that comes in a white plastic bottle and has a touch of patchouli in it.
    RARE PERFUME DECANTS - FACEBOOK (closed group) - Hundreds of ultra rare extraits available, including Djedi and Nombre Noir.

I haven't smelled this in years--I will search it out to try. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Striving still to Truth unknown

Reside in McLean, NYC, Manuel Antonio & Búzios

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    GRES MONSIEUR, (not to be confused with Gres pour Homme). Gres Monsieur is like a twin Brother of Ebene. Both are exceptional.
    There's also a sport version of Gres Monsieur that comes in a white plastic bottle and has a touch of patchouli in it.
    You are spot on with this one. A fantastic scent. Fortunate to have a bottle.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

David you are killing me!! LOL Your recommendations have been spot on and I am thankful you also introduced me to Ebene. Now I have another one I need to test (GRES MONSIEUR) Thanks again!