Code of Conduct

Default Warm sand accord?

Warm sand or warm skin, what aromachemicals could that be?
    Anyone

Default Re: Warm sand accord?

I'm thinking of it being some kind of "glowing amber" + some other ingredients not sure what though

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

does anyone have experience with amber?

Hmm.. The term amber seems to be a bit obscure

http://pellwall-perfumes.blogspot.co...cation-of.html

What exactly do you mean by amber? Ambergris, burnet amber or the accord made of labdanum and vanilla?
    I think the last could give a nice impression of the warmth you're looking for. But I'm not sure how I would proceed
    from there (I've asked myself about the sensation of warm skin, but didn't come up with anything.. There was
    a thread I started a while ago on this..)

Thank you for the insight Nizam I appreciate ut very well, like said i ordered a list of ingredients to mix, should come next week. It has been something I have been looking to do for a while.

Like warm sand featured in yankee candles (vanilla amber sandalwood type paired with seabreeze maybe) the warm skin of miami glow jlo fragrance base. the skin tone in contradiction for women, the beach accord in numerous beachy type scents

IMO Ambrette Seed is the EPITOME of 'skin' once the nutty top notes fade.

Thank you moogsauce that is a valuable piece of information. I am going to look into ambrettolide musk then, since it is a more affordable option for beginners.

Cheers,

Mladen

Basenotes Plus

There was a thread regarding salt notes a couple of months ago, that thread might be useful in the context of sand if you are thinking of ocean sand.
    Justin E. Beasley

I always believed part of Shalimar's charm was a warm (slightly sweet) sand type effect.
    So that would be something like Vanilla, Sandalwwod, Opoponax and Patchouli as a guess.

Also Amouage Ciel has a bit of this so maybe Sandalwood, Patchouli and Vetiver.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent View Post
    Warm sand or warm skin, what aromachemicals could that be?
    Anyone
    One of the classic Ďleatherí ingredients is a material called safraliene: used judiciously alongside some of the other suggestions here should give you a good impression of skin: put in too much and youíll go either towards leather or spice, depending on what else is in your blend, so youíll need to experiment with the proportions but Iíd suggest around 5% of your formula as a starting point.

Other elements you might consider include musks (which is why ambrette seed works) any of several could work here but Iíd start with Ethylene brassylate simply because its the cheapest of the macrocyclic musks - though I would recommend using more than one. Methyl diantilis gives a lovely warm effect that can be very skin-like and Norlimbanol could give you a good dry-sand effect - youíll only need traces though or youíll end up with driftwood.

Hope that helps.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

My own experience with Safraleine says start with 3% in your concentrate, and sneak up from there. Just as an augment to Chris' thoughts..

You are the best judge for the effect you want, of course.

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    My own experience with Safraleine says start with 3% in your concentrate, and sneak up from there. Just as an augment to Chris' thoughts..

You are the best judge for the effect you want, of course.

PK
    Could be your skin isnít as leathery as mine Paul ;-)
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Wasn't Paul crowned the Leather Prince or something like that? Need to find that post..

Quote Originally Posted by Nizan View Post
    Wasn't Paul crowned the Leather Prince or something like that?
    That sounds a bit ominous -- be careful what google searches might bring up for that one.

There are a few bizarro chems out there that might lend themselves to this aesthetic (para-cresyl acetate, for example), but otherwise, another visit to the dry woody ambers sounds like a smart move. If you're doing sand, are you picturing a desert or a coastal scene? If you're doing sand/skin, are you thinking more along the lines of suntan lotion?

Para Cresyls and quinolines make a good leather accord too.

PK
    Last edited by pkiler; 8th April 2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

Interesting thoughts fellows! haha

yes Deadiol I'm thinking more in the lines of a suntan lotion anf not in the lines of the great cuir russie or dzing

Mladen

Thank you Chris very helpful as always!

Got my hands on some Ambrettolide today. Perfect. Ambrette Seed without the 'baggage' and much cheaper!

Synthetic musks are new to me but I'm with Chris on trying some combinations... + a touch of leather, awesome.

If you're after suntan lotion, I'm thinking a coconut-pineapple accord could help.