Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Early warning: Pharrell Williams teams up with Comme des Garçons

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    The Madonna one? It's more of a WalMart type thing made by Coty. It shouldn't be hard to find—I see it in discount bins all over the place. It was well promoted when it first came out, but it was mainly in drug stores and whatnot.
    Yep we have it in TK Maxx here. If you like Fracas and similar tuberose-heavy scents, it's worth a try.

Have never followed Pharrell...but inevitably when a new song comes on that sticks in my head , and makes me want to dance (and I don't dance) - whether it's by him, his band(s), or another artist - turns out Pharell has had his hands on it. He just has the ability to mix the old school sound with the completely new (or futuristic) one, like no one else. Talented enough that I completely forgive his ridiculous hat. I actually can see his aesthetic and that of CdG, in there respective genres, working very well together. AND, as mentioned by others, he chose CdG - instant points, and I think it says something.
    Clap your hands if you will give the new CdG/Pharell a sniff. I will.
    The name G.I.R.L.? He is the most honest celebrity to come out with a perfume. He's not bothering to pretend that it is separate from his brand. It is always about a celebrity's brand, and with the name, he's basically said so from the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by QWERTYOP View Post
    Lol at the "Oh. Celeb fragrance. I'll give it a miss" crowd. Tragic.
    +1. It's a shame that a board full of fragrance enthusiasts can dismiss it just like that. Not a good example for fragrance newbies, when celebrity fragrances would be the easiest way for them to appreciate fragrance in general to start off their 'journey'.

pharell has very good taste. It will smell wonderful

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I would have seen Bjork as a better fit for this collaboration...
    What's that?? Not big on either brand but I'll put my nose on it when the opportunity presents itself
    Seasonal rotation:

Original Santal
    Dior Homme
    Tuscan Leather
    Silver Mountain Water
    Lyric Man

I don't know him either but a quick look shows that aside from having a huge enthusiasm for everything musical and arty, he also has a huge charity thing for deprived kids. Those who redirect wealth instead of keeping it must be good people underneath. CDG wouldn't choose him for nothing surely? It looks like a pretty symbiotic relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I don't know him either but a quick look shows that aside from having a huge enthusiasm for everything musical and arty, he also has a huge charity thing for deprived kids. Those who redirect wealth instead of keeping it must be good people underneath. CDG wouldn't choose him for nothing surely? It looks like a pretty symbiotic relationship.
    I'm sure there is business involved. Sure, they won't get involved with a horrible person, but long as they're decent attaching the CDG production to PW's name is big.

Quote Originally Posted by noideawhatimsaying View Post
    I'm sure there is business involved. Sure, they won't get involved with a horrible person, but long as they're decent attaching the CDG production to PW's name is big.
    Well, considering that plenty of big names in fashion and fragrance have been (or have been closely associated with) racists, bigots, anti-Semites, and misogynists, it's probably always safer to evaluate these things by smell alone. Still, genuine right-onnery is always refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    Well, considering that plenty of big names in fashion and fragrance have been (or have been closely associated with) racists, bigots, anti-Semites, and misogynists, it's probably always safer to evaluate these things by smell alone. Still, genuine right-onnery is always refreshing.
    Very good point.

I just hope the bottle has a ridiculous, over-sized Smokey The Bear meets Canadian Mounties like hat as it's cap....to keep in theme with the ones Pharrell has been so fond of as late.

As much as I love pharell, I can't stand those hats either

Well the bottle should be cool as hell
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399171431.462092.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I'm a huge fan of CDG but I'm admittedly not excited one bit by this collaboration…I will give it a chance anyway and I'll be more than glad to be proven wrong. Let's see...
    +1

Let's wait & smell.

If this fails then i can't of any celebrity (mainstream) that could possibly do a better job... his songs are ace btw (on the whole).

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiRobbie View Post

Oh is it available now?

I will not judge the scent until I smell it but that is the second ugliest bottle I have ever seen. If I bought this I would decant the juice or hide the bottle.
    My Favorites

1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I will not judge the scent until I smell it but that is the second ugliest bottle I have ever seen. If I bought this I would decant the juice or hide the bottle.
    Same feeling here.

Yes, ugly bottle, but apparently the cartoonist is a friend of Pharrell's. The perfumer is Antoine Lie, which gives me hope. More info: http://www.nstperfume.com/2014/05/22...new-fragrance/
    Last edited by Kagey; 25th May 2014 at 09:24 AM.

I heard Pharrell on Howard Stern, do a little more research on him, he is a classically trained musician and was labeled a child prodigy in the drums. He also attended the most coveted and impossible to get into school for the arts. A lot more info. on him but I'm not going to rehash it all and I'm not even a fan of rap or whatever music he makes, but I'm not saying i dont respect it.

I think he's incredibly talented. I am only not a keen lover of GdC fragrances.

There is currently a show running in Paris he co-curated. Voilà, voilà.
    You cannot control your own population by force, but it can be distracted by consumption.

Noam Chomsky

I agree, and I normally quite like Kaws.
    変なおじさん

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Who is he?
    Your age is showing

Quote Originally Posted by moleo View Post
    Your age is showing
    Not really.
    I'm only 30 &, thankfully , have no idea who he is.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Not really.
    I'm only 30 &, thankfully , have no idea who he is.
    have you heard that song 'happy' (#1 worldwide)? doesn't matter where you live, that song is playing somewhere near you.

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    have you heard that song 'happy' (#1 worldwide)? doesn't matter where you live, that song is playing somewhere near you.
    Still , very happy to say no.No i haven't.

for swap/sale:

GIRL ... for girls and boys???????? errrm

Quite agree - although my bottles are not on display so that wouldn't matter

He curated an exhibit at the Toronto Design Exchange called "This is not a toy". If you see what is on display the bottle design wouldn't surprise you. He has a large collection by the same designer. Yikes
    What did Obi-Wan say to Luke at the dinnertable?
    Use the fork, Luke.

Basenotes Plus

Pharrell Williams is not only talented (I mainly listen to him infused with Daft Punk, didn't know the Happy song until my 13 year old showed me on youtube) he's also a good person. I am amazed at the wholesale dismissal of this collaboration. Well, actually, I'm not amazed, it's to be expected. lol I can't wait to try it!

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Still , very happy to say no.No i haven't.

here you go. hope you will be able to handle seeing/hearing something so popular!

and Pharrell's reaction to a different, but similar video:

Last edited by mjones602; 4th June 2014 at 07:33 AM.

I wonder if it will smell like cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    ?????? stereotyping or do you have an actual reason to wonder this?

Seriously. What the heck?

Wow. Where did that come from? Out of line there. No need for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mocha View Post
    Seriously. What the heck?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Wow. Where did that come from? Out of line there. No need for that!

Pharell is part of a producing group called 'The Neptunes'. They have produced for a rap group named 'Clipse', and cocaine is a frequent running theme for them, and Pharell has appeared in a song recently named "Move That Dope".

Pharell is part of a producing group called 'The Neptunes'. They have produced for a rap group named 'Clipse', and cocaine is a frequent running theme for them, and Pharell has appeared in a song recently named "Move That Dope".
    I'm well aware of Pharrell's association with Clipse (Grindin' was one of my favorite songs back in the day) and that's still quite a reach, but whatever. Just about any celebrity can be 'linked' to drugs somehow, but unless they were actually caught doing them, I wouldn't make that association. Do you wonder if Beyonce's perfumes smell like cocaine because she's married to Jay-Z? How about Tim McGraw - there've been rumors about him and Faith Hill's cocaine use. The only fragrance I've smelled that actually smells like cocaine is Tuscan Leather.
    Last edited by mjones602; 5th June 2014 at 03:54 AM.

It was a joke.

Quote from Hypebeast:-

"Themed around Pharrell’s recent declaration of love for the fairer sex, the often well-received scents from CdG are paired with a bottle orchestrated by close friend KAWS. The Antoine Lie-developed scent features notes of iris, styrax, violet, patchouli and cedar. Look for the Pharrell Williams x KAWS x COMME des GARÇONS “GIRLS” Fragrance to be available at select COMME des GARÇONS stockists globally."

Back to the topic please

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm curious to see how it turned out .

I'm wearing it right now. It's fantastic!
    I was lucky to receive a gift from Pharrell so I might be heavily biased.

Default Early warning: Pharrell Williams teams up with Comme des Garçons

Last edited by MiamiRobbie; 21st July 2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: better image

Thats great to hear, I might have to pick this up soon.

Basenotes Institution

Very cool - thanks for posting that MiamiRobbie!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Details, details, Robbie! Does it have the dry woods thing that CdG seem so enamoured with? Is it unisex as promised?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Details, details, Robbie! Does it have the dry woods thing that CdG seem so enamoured with? Is it unisex as promised?
    Unisex for sure. It's woody and fresh!