Code of Conduct

Default Dior La Collection Privee - Price Increase / Update

Hey Guys,

Went to my local Dior boutique today to pick up some ambre nuit and much to my surprise The cost of the fragrance has increased from $170 to $210 for the 4.25oz. According to the website just a few days ago it was still $170 but the SA told me it went up a few months ago and its likely to go up yet again soon.

A $40 hike is fairly steep in my opinion but Im not really complaining because the amount of juice you get for the money is still great but Im never going to go through 4.25oz.

Also I enquired about some of the discontinued fragrances like Mitzah and Vetiver. She informed me that most boutiques still have them but they wont be getting restocked. So once they sell through what they have they will be gone. So if youre looking to get your hands on one of the discontinued act fast.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Default Re: Dior La Collection Privee - Price Increase / Update

Thanks for the bad news Doc!

Gosh, I remember paying close to $210 for the 8oz+ size years ago.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Not a good direction. Getting rid of Vetiver was an atrocity. None of the other exclusives that I've tried have really done anything for me. I guess that's a good thing with the price hike...
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.) / Bespoke 8.30.14 - ONLY 4 LEFT! (Apple, Cavendish Pipe Tobacco, Vanilla, Smoke, Woods & Resin.)

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD Slumberhouse, CdG & More...

Just a month ago the Vegas boutique said the price increase would be to $190. So if $210 is true it has gone from $155 to $210 in less than a year.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Crap.

however, for a "Prive" line fragrance, they aren't priced unreasonably. I suppose the adjustment - while extreme - simply puts it more in line with others. In fact, it's still a little below other exclusive fragrance lines.
    Last edited by dougczar; 18th March 2014 at 12:11 AM.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Basenotes Plus

It's bad news indeed as I am still looking for a Dior Vetiver bottle. Are they trying to increase the Privee's price to be in line with other exclusives? A 3.4 oz Armani Prive Rose d' Arabie is $285 which is less juice and more expensive.

Yeah not sure whats going on but I wonder what the next price hike will be. Im guessing another $40 to $250.

Today my Ambre Nuit was 228 after tax.

If youre looking for vetiver I know they have it. I think they may only have the 8.4 though. looked like they only had a couple left.
    "Stings the nostrils, in a good way. Im going to be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline."

Current Top 5:
    5.) Santa Maria Novella Muschio
    4.) Dior Homme Intense ( Vintage )
    3.) Dior La Collection Privee Ambre Nuit
    2.) Creed Aventus
    1.) Xerjoff Ibitira

Quote Originally Posted by CapriDog View Post
    It's bad news indeed as I am still looking for a Dior Vetiver bottle. Are they trying to increase the Privee's price to be in line with other exclusives? A 3.4 oz Armani Prive Rose d' Arabie is $285 which is less juice and more expensive.
    That must have recently jumped $10.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Dammit.

$155>$170>$210. This is getting pretty bad. And there's still so many I want from the line. The prices are still better than other house exclusive lines but slowly are catching up.

I'll have to snatch them up as soon as possible before prices once again increase.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    That must have recently jumped $10.
    It probably did, Hednic. I bought mine yesterday night from Neiman Marcus online.

Basenotes Plus

Website is still $170.00 for 4.25-oz. The only one that is higher is Gris Mantaigne at $190.00.

Same thing happened with the last increase. The Boutiques were several months behind the Dior website.

I knew this was coming. Thank God I bought the last Mitzah from Saks last week.

I need to hurry up and get another BDA.

At least it's still better to buy from the Dior site than from some eBayers:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Christian-Di...item35d34e348a
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ambre-Nuit-C...item51b8949d06

Basenotes Plus

I just picked up the large bottle of Dior Vétiver (8.5oz) and it was indeed $295, the new price. It was $250 just a few months ago, before they officially discontinued it. But, I needed a backup badly and forked over my Amex, muttering the words "shut up and take my money!"

I'm a little confused now, is the new price for the 4.25 oz $190 or $210?

It probably did, Hednic. I bought mine yesterday night from Neiman Marcus online.
    Even at the higher price, Rose d'Arabie is still worth it, isn't it? One of my all-time favorites. Love the whole line. Congrats on that pick up.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

For about a year now it seems as thought that line has had all kinds of different prices, like they can't agree on what the price should be. Just my impression, may not be correct.

I bought my Vetiver bottle at Saks in Chevy Chase DC,but I don't know if they still have some. I bought leather oud 4 weeks ago and it was 275.

cacio

Can we get this ratio of inflation on
    my check PRONTO please ...lol, capitalism at its best:$
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Even at the higher price, Rose d'Arabie is still worth it, isn't it? One of my all-time favorites. Love the whole line. Congrats on that pick up.
    Thanks Dougczar. I had sampled it before and really liked it.

Dior's price increases are insane, Dior homme intense went from 73 dollars to 92, now im sure it will be 130 by the end of next year lol.
    I will buy a back up bottle of Oud Ispahan because I am not going to pay over 200, no way.

i just bought the large bottle of Mitzah today for $250 at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco. he said they had plenty more. They also had Vetiver.

The prices have not increased yet at the LV boutique. They will go up on April 6th.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    i just bought the large bottle of Mitzah today for $250 at Neiman Marcus in San Francisco. he said they had plenty more. They also had Vetiver.
    It seems like the Dior boutiques increased price the soonest even before their own website reflected the change. I bought an 8.5 oz Ambre Nuit via Dior website this AM for $250 while at the same time paying $300 for an 8.5 oz Vetiver through the Beverly Dior Boutique.

Basenotes Plus

Is Mitzah discontinued? The Dior website still has it in stock.
    never mind. I misread it. Not in stock
    Last edited by CapriDog; 19th March 2014 at 04:27 AM.

New prices April 6th will be $190 for the 4.25 oz and $275 for the 8.5oz. I just picked up Mitzah, Bois D'Argent, Ambre Nuit, & Oud Ispahan. The upcoming hike motivated me as those have been on my buy list forever.
    Tom Ford Private Blend Splits Costa Azzurra / Mandarino Di Amalfi / Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

FWIW I believe Eau Noire has been discontinued as well.

I went to Saks this afternoon to get a bottle of Bois d'Argent before the price increase. The sales associate supposedly wasn't aware of a price increase coming.

They have a couple of the large Mitzah bottles (I bought the last 4.2 last week). And a couple bottles of Vetiver left.

They also have the giveaway travel sizes again.

I called into the Dior Boutique in Sydney today, determined to try Bois d'Argent and Granville. I also wanted to check on the numbers of Dior Vetiver they had in stock as I knew it was becoming very scarce. (I have tried it a few times but I don't love it) Unfortunately the SA was only interested in allowing me to look at the six fragrances he had on display. He could not be drawn on how much Dior Vetiver they had in stock as he would need to go downstairs and check the reserve. They had some but it was obvious that he wasn't about to check for me. The other thing I learnt was "Granville is a woman's fragrance and we don't have it down here". I ended up agreeing with his suggestion and tried Cologne Royale on my right and and Eau Noire on my left forearm. I might go back early one morning and find a friendly female SA and try once more to sample Bois d'Argent.

Don't worry about your US price rising, from memory the Australian price for 250Ml/8.5oz bottles is around AUD$450. I like LIDG, Platinum Egoiste, D&G Pour Homme and CK Truth. Any suggestions for other fragrances to try in the Dior La Collection range? What else has been discontinued and will soon disappear from shelves?

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    FWIW I believe Eau Noire has been discontinued as well.
    Where'd you hear that?

Quote Originally Posted by cazaubon View Post
    Did you have them ship out too you?

no, I am in SF at the moment,

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    I went to Saks this afternoon to get a bottle of Bois d'Argent before the price increase. The sales associate supposedly wasn't aware of a price increase coming. .
    They'll know when they ring it into the register and the customer says it was $250.00 last week?

Basenotes Plus

Is it illegal for a particular boutique to increase the price prior to the effective date April 6th? It seems the Beverly boutique might be the only one with the new price. As Cazaubon mentioned, I also just got off the phone with NM SF and it's $250 for an 8.5oz.

edit - or maybe the Beverly boutique had a different date for price increase?
    Last edited by CapriDog; 19th March 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Sorry to try and highjack the thread. But I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on mitzah, based on my wardrobe; would you suggest it?

Anyway, buying straight from dior.com is still (mostly) 170 for 4.25 and 250 for the larger.
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntagonist View Post
    Sorry to try and highjack the thread. But I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on mitzah, based on my wardrobe; would you suggest it?

Anyway, buying straight from dior.com is still (mostly) 170 for 4.25 and 250 for the larger.
    I don't think you can get Mitzah directly from Dior's website.

Mitzah is kinda soft version of Ambre Sultan.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 19th March 2014 at 06:22 PM.

based on my wardrobe; would you suggest it?
    Absolutely!

I don't think you can get Mitzah directly from Dior's website.
    Damn, you're right. Looks like I might have to make the trek to bergdorf goodman...
    Current top 5:
    1) MDCI Invasion Barbare
    2) Imaginary Authors The Cobra and The Canary
    3) Guerlain Vetiver
    4) Parfums de Nicolai: New York
    5) A*Men: Pure Havane

SALES THREAD!

...when I first bought Eau Noire it cost €160 for the 500ml flacon. Now it costs €425. This is within a space of six years. I find this outrageous.
    I seem to be at odds with many basenoters who accept the ridiculously high price levels of niche perfumery, yet complain like hell when a precious rare discontinued gem fetches more than $100 on ebay !! ???
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Triple the price in 6 years is indeed outragous.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

I just took part in a split with heperd, otherwise, I'd pick up a bottle of Vetiver if I could.. Great stuff. Hopefully, I don't run out anytime soon.

I just checked the Australian prices for Dior La Collection privee fragrances - 125ml is $335 and 250ml is $480. Using the current exchange rate they are 4.25oz US$300 and 8.5oz US$430. The 50% markup for Australian prices is consistent across most fragrances.
    Last edited by MCW; 20th March 2014 at 03:31 AM.

Do the atomizers of these bottles screw off for easy decanting?

I want to get some Vetiver, but all I can get my hands on is a 250ML. I'll never use that much, so I want to split it with my brother.

Basenotes Junkie

No the atomizers don't screw off, if you have a 10ml syringe and a blunted needle, you're all set to go.
    Last edited by willyb; 20th March 2014 at 02:07 AM.
    OFF SITE SALES, DECANTS ---Dior,Chanel MFK, MOLECULE 01* VINTAGE ANTAEUS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=499

Quote Originally Posted by willyb View Post
    No the atomizers don't screw off, if you have a 10ml syringe and a blunted needle, you're all set to go.

On any of the sizes?

That stinks :/

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    Do the atomizers of these bottles screw off for easy decanting?
    When Dior released the very first ones in the Prive line years ago, I had bought 4 or 5 of the 125ml bottles among which were Cologne Blanche (no longer available) from the 57th street NYC boutique and they were sold as splash bottles. The manager gave me at no extra charge screw on atomizers to convert them to sprays, but then the cap would no longer fit on them and they didn't look esthetically pleasing. I think that might have been the same back then for the 8.5 oz bottles. That would have been perfect for you needs. I guess a lot of people had complained and Dior then changed all the bottles of both sizes to be sold with fixed atomizers, which I would have personally preferred at that time.

I like Mitzah, but in my opinion it is redundant to own it if you own Ambre Sultan, which is a stronger, more solid composition.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I bought a large bottle....only size I could find... on Monday. It arrived today. That is quite a bit of vetiver. Price was $250 and free shipping. I was helped by a very nice SA who did all the legwork.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

I was sent an email from the Vegas boutique that this Saturday will be the last day to place an order before the price increase.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV