Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you like better?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creed Silver Mountain Water

17 36.17%
  • Chanel Antaeus

30 63.83%

Default Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/18/14): Silver Mountain Water vs Antaeus

A Creed versus an 80's classic. Which one do you like better?

Creed Silver Mountain Water
    vs
    Chanel Antaeus
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Sound Scents

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/18/14): Silver Mountain Water vs Antaeus

Vintage Antaeus is amazing and Silver Mountain Water is terrible, IMO. Not much of a "battle" between these two to my nose.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/18/14): Silver Mountain Water vs Antaeus

Chanel Antaeus
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ― Oscar Wilde

both great but having to choose...antaeus even in the new formula

I can only tolerate SMW for a few hours before it starts to really annoy me. I liked Antaeus but found the current version unwearable. It's the only fragrance that I have had really negative reactions from people wearing it. Have had friends telling me what is that awful smell and even strangers moving away from me on the bus. Even reaching over to open the window above my head. Eventually I just had to get rid of my bottle.

Antaeus is winning for now. Just wait until Creed fanboys wake up.

My gym hates me

Antaeus eats SMW for Breakfast

Antaeus
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnybluesman View Post
    Antaeus
    I don't know why I always associate Antaeus with the scent of wolf and Kouros with the scent of bear

My gym hates me

Ca✔️
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

SMW is a scrubber. Antaeus is just a little unpleasant. Antaeus wins. I guess.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

Blog Entries

Silver Mountain Water is my favorite Creed, but personally, I think Antaeus is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I can only tolerate SMW for a few hours before it starts to really annoy me. I liked Antaeus but found the current version unwearable. It's the only fragrance that I have had really negative reactions from people wearing it. Have had friends telling me what is that awful smell and even strangers moving away from me on the bus. Even reaching over to open the window above my head. Eventually I just had to get rid of my bottle.
    Good to see your thoughts on these two Jack are similar with my experience too. I can't take SMW either. It could be the blackcurrant note or the tea, but I just can't cope with it on me, even with one or two sprays.

I only owned a small bottle of Antaeus once and really loved the bee wax note in it, which is why I voted for it. However, it got too boring for me after a while and before long I was wearing it less and less. Before I finished the bottle, I was getting more soap and a hint of leather rather than the beeswax note so after I finished it, I never purchased it again.

Chanel Antaeus

I actually quite like SMW even though there is a sort of musty sourness to it

Antaeus was just ok in the Eighties -- but now, Yuck!

Smw
    Top 10:
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Royal Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
    Tom Ford Italian Cypress
    Bleu de Chanel
    Serge Lutens Chergui
    Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Chanel Antaeus
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Don't care for any of them but if I had to chose I would go for SMW. My gf loves it

Basenotes Plus

Chanel Antaeus for me - decades before I discovered BN i was a Chanel fan for life!

Silver Mountain Water without a doubt

Antaeus

Antaeus
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Silver Mountain Water foe me...

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    Antaeus is winning for now. Just wait until Creed fanboys wake up.

I'm not sure you are allowed to describe the Creed F^nb*ys on Basenotes as f*nb*ys , though you may get away with this one as some of them are banned just now. ..
    Antaeus for me, I find SMW inconsequential.

chanel antaeus definitely better

Antaeus is my clear preference

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Antaeus is my clear preference
    Nearly forgot to vote!

Wow, CA is blowing out the respectable SMW.

I haven't knowingly smelled Chanel Antaeus. Does Macy's/Sephora carry this?

Was this over saturated like CK1, Fahrenheit and Aqua Di Gio?