Code of Conduct

Default one It will be best than three?

I was thinking of buying 3 scents: Moscino Uomo? , Lalique Hommage and F. Ferragamo PH, the total price is about 87, but I came up the idea to buy a good perfume for next spring, summer and remembered Chanel Pour Monsieur whose price will be around the same 87: the your opinion what you think best buy? already thanks.Ps-I do not know any of the above scents, but I have read favorable reviews

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: one It will be best than three?

It's probably best to go & test them all & make a decision based on which you prefer.

Also, at this point - would you be satisfied with JUST ONE or would you want a few more to pick/choose from? Everyone is different some eventually settle for just a few quality scents while some endlessly love the acquisition of more and the cost of those are usually determined by how much disposable income they have. And, Like lpp said above, try them all, and if you love the Chanel as much or more as you love the other 3 put together - get the Chanel. That would be my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    It's probably best to go & test them all & make a decision based on which you prefer.
    Yes this is undoubtedly the best way to choose but I will buy online and already feel some embarrassment to always be testing and never buy anything on my local perfumery

Pour Monsieur is better than the other three -- depends if you want one excellent fragrance or 3 mediocre ones?

I'd go with the Chanel Pour Monsieur.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Moschino uomo!

Cpm, but bear in mind its bad longevity!
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - Davidoff: Leather Blend Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Would recommend the three, simply because of seconding Moschino Uomo- a fragrance quite good on its own, btw.
    If it was not for this, would have gone for Chanel PM and fully recommended it, but then again, a three-pack including Moschino Uomo is that slight favorable argument that ends up making a difference.

For me it is always best to have more with varying smells. I've found very definitively that the supposed "quality" of these higher priced fragrances equates to nothing more than a trumped up justification for those who enjoy elitism.

That said, your findings may be different and only you can determine it for yourself. So sample away, evaluate on your own scale.

I am under the impression that the oakmoss ban regulations have taken too much of a toll on current Chanel Pour Monsieur...

I really wish I am wrong...since it's a beautiful Classic Scent.

What's your feedback on the juice on the shelves now ?
    Last edited by LJD; 18th March 2014 at 06:26 PM.

After reconsideration, I changed my purchase Aramis Aramis 110ml for € 49 and € 27 Moscino Uomo 125ml hopefully did not regret it; Moscino never used, just used Aramis vintage, what is your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by ckampus View Post
    After reconsideration, I changed my purchase Aramis Aramis 110ml for € 49 and € 27 Moscino Uomo 125ml hopefully did not regret it; Moscino never used, just used Aramis vintage, what is your opinion?
    Personally I will always go with love over like (even if that means having just 1 excellent fragrance over 3 average). Also I think that our opinion doesnt matter. What matter is your opinion... So spent your money how do you want .
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme