Code of Conduct

Default Insurrection Pure II by Rayene: Review & Experiences If You've Tried It

Overall: Smells great, very happy with the $20 purchase. Moderate projection/silage. Moderate longevity. Outstanding box and bottle. IP sounded like something I might like, subtle smoke and more sweet fruity pineapple/apple. IP exactly fits that bill.

The test:

I created 4 test strips, 2 with Aventus, 2 with IP, and made a small mark on the underside. I then had someone else randomize the test strip order and I blindly sampled at various time intervals. Results: 100% accurate recognition of Aventus vs IP. It's easy to do because IP is more powdery and has less smoke. They are definitely in the same vein.

BUT... I then repeated the test on 3 different people unfamiliar with Aventus. Results: 2 people got 0% correct at 30 mins and 1 hour, repeated twice each time for a total of 4 tries. Even when I told them they were wrong on the first try, they couldn't get it right the second time. The remaining person got it right 1 out of 4 times. I was accused multiple times of messing with them: "These are actually just all the same, aren't they?!"

Finally, I handed them one card of Aventus and IP and asked them to pick which they liked better. I then mixed the cards up one more time and asked them to pick again All three picked IP both times. I asked why they chose the one they chose, and I got (pointing to Aventus): "That one smells a little dirty. Did you get something on the card?" "That one smells like BBQ." "That one smells like broccoli." LOL. Not sure I can agree with the broccoli, but I find it interesting that people couldn't reliably tell the scents apart but they could reliably chose IP as the preferred of the two.

So, although YOU might be able to tell the two apart, the average person might not, and they might, like me, prefer IP over Aventus.

Default Re: Insurrection Pure II by Rayene: Review & Experiences If You've Tried It

Since I don't care for the smokiness in Aventus, I think Insurrection Pure would be right up my alley....if only it ever gets in stock again somewhere:/

Default Re: Insurrection Pure II by Rayene: Review & Experiences If You've Tried It

I don't like Aventus, but I love Bondno9.com. How close is IP to that? And do you think this then will be a compliment bomb like Aventus is?
    Current Favorites

1. Amouage Reflection Man
    2. Gucci Pour Homme II
    3. Divine L'Homme Sage
    4. By Killian Back to Black
    5. Amouage Interlude
    6. Hermèssence Ambre Narguilé (2004)
    7. By Killian Rose Oud
    8. Serge Lutens Five O'Clock Au Gingembre (2008)
    9. Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour Homme
    10.Creed Royal Water

My bottle arrives today. Will post some thoughts.

I bought and received this soon after it first became available at "Perfumeland" many months ago. Didn't buy if because of any supposed or not association with Aventus. I bought it because I collect this house's fragrances and this was a new one in the line I didn't have. For the inexpensive price I paid $17, I thought it to be a very nice scent on its own merits with a nice smell and fair longevity.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Very cool, glad you did this for the group.

I will agree with Hednic that for twenty bucks, it is not a bad fragrance on its own. Subtle smoke with tart fruit. A bit sharp to my nose and pretty alchoholic. I am about ten minutes in and its not projecting very well at all at this point. I don't anticipate great longevity out of this.

The bottle and the box have obviously had a lot of thought put into the embellishments but they are not executed very well. The box has a lot of misaligned text and the foam inside was sort of disintegrating when I opened it.

The bottle itself seems solid, the atomizer works fairly well.

All in all a decent cheapie but as usual all the Aventus comparisons are, at least to me , way overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsterman View Post
    I will agree with Hednic that for twenty bucks, it is not a bad fragrance on its own. Subtle smoke with tart fruit. A bit sharp to my nose and pretty alchoholic. I am about ten minutes in and its not projecting very well at all at this point. I don't anticipate great longevity out of this.

The bottle and the box have obviously had a lot of thought put into the embellishments but they are not executed very well. The box has a lot of misaligned text and the foam inside was sort of disintegrating when I opened it.

The bottle itself seems solid, the atomizer works fairly well.

All in all a decent cheapie but as usual all the Aventus comparisons are, at least to me , way overblown.
    Got my bottle yesterday. The cap doesn't fit and as a result, half of the juice leaked out in transit, resulting in a nasty looking stained bottle/box. Kinda concerned what's actually in this stuff though as the stain is yellow around the area where it leaked out, and I couldn't even wipe it off with alcohol swabs. As a result, I've been reluctant to test this on my skin and have only sprayed cards. The seller was very fast to apologize and issue me a refund, so whatever (it was only 20 bucks anyways). I'm also pretty sure it was the manufacturer's fault as opposed to the seller's, since the packaging seemed to be untouched.

I agree on everything you wrote about the scent itself - it is what it is... a $20 fragrance somewhere on the level of the Cuba line. It's completely understandable if some of you prefer this to Aventus, but I certainly don't.