Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Default Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    I suppose only offering a 30 mL travel size or a 250 mL (!) flacon is one way to ensure exclusivity, but... really?

    I just can't quite come up with a logical reason for it these volume limitations.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    I'm assuming they're trying to get people to buy the flacon. That's why the size and price options are that way. I don't like it either, I prefer the standard sizes of 75ml and 120ml.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    All the more reason to buy splits of the Exclusives, if you can. It's really the only viable option, because paying $225.00 for 1 oz is absurd.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Angelique Encens, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ns-L-deCerruti

    Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Angelique Encens, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerutti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

  4. #4
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by tensor9 View Post
    I suppose only offering a 30 mL travel size or a 250 mL (!) flacon is one way to ensure exclusivity, but... really?

    I just can't quite come up with a logical reason for it these volume limitations.
    What does logic have to do with anything? There is no logical reason for these products to even exist. Its a luxury item.
    Most of their customers are people who feel special when the buy something like that. Same as people that buy a $5,000 leather bag or $900 shoes.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  5. #5

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    What does logic have to do with anything? There is no logical reason for these products to even exist. Its a luxury item.
    Most of their customers are people who feel special when the buy something like that. Same as people that buy a $5,000 leather bag or $900 shoes.
    I was of course referring to "logic" within the context of expensive niche fragrances existing in the first place. So if one could retain their suspension of disbelief, why doesn't creed just offer these bottles in normal sizes?

  6. #6
    Dependent heperd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    4,807

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Same reason that Hermes offers $200 items and $20,000 items.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veblen_good
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

    *BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

  7. #7

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    In the necessities market, consumers needs & abilities are considered. Water, rice, bread & other bare necessities.

    But in the luxury segment of the market, it's a no man's land. Anything at any price for whatever quality goes.


    It becomes a strategy of how successful you are in convincing customers part with their money.

    It relies heavily on marketing.

    Take these two prime examples of advertising that's not about the item they're selling.....




    Last edited by hedonist222; 19th March 2014 at 04:21 PM.

    for swap/sale:





  8. #8

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    No reasoning apart from greed and gullible tourists.

    I was informed 75ml bottles were going to be made available about 6 months ago -- so what happened?

  9. #9

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    No reasoning apart from greed and gullible tourists.

    I was informed 75ml bottles were going to be made available about 6 months ago -- so what happened?
    They're not done milking the bros.

    for swap/sale:





  10. #10

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Luckily, many of them are so damn good, you will be glad you have 250ml of the stuff.
    Seasonal favorites:

    1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4.
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. by Kilian - Cruel Intentions
    6. Puredistance - Black
    7. Tom Ford - Plum Japonais
    8. Neela Vermeire - Trayee
    9. Creed - Royal Oud
    10. Chanel - Egoiste

  11. #11
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    350

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    From the corporate side its more than likely to keep them more expensive and exclusive. If you love one of the scents its no big deal. I own a flacon of spice and wood and love it to death.

  12. #12
    vita odorifera
    perfaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lagos
    Posts
    7,427
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Whatever the reasoning, it must be working for them. The practice has been on for a while now.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

    #BBOG!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Yep, I love Spice and Wood, too. I still don't want 250 mL of it though. :P

  14. #14

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Whatever the reasoning, it must be working for them. The practice has been on for a while now.
    Thoroughly agree with you perfaddict.

    Whatever the strategy behind it, apparently it successful.
    Personally it doesn't bother me. Au contraire, I wish all perfume companies offered 250ml alternatives to their traditional size.
    This way I wouldn't need to bother getting back up bottles.

    for swap/sale:





  15. #15
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    78,528

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post

    But in the luxury segment of the market, it's a man's land. Anything at any price for whatever quality goes.
    Very true.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    I agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    All the more reason to buy splits of the Exclusives, if you can. It's really the only viable option, because paying $225.00 for 1 oz is absurd.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Luckily, many of them are so damn good, you will be glad you have 250ml of the stuff.
    Agree and that is the lure. It has to be so exquisitely good to attract attention. Some will even buy due to exclusivity.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

  18. #18

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    I really like the Royal Exclusives, but the only one to which I can ever see myself buying a full flacon of is Pure White Cologne. And that's only if splits didn't exist.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Reasoning behind Creed's Royal Exclusives volume options

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    In the necessities market, consumers needs & abilities are considered. Water, rice, bread & other bare necessities.

    But in the luxury segment of the market, it's a no man's land. Anything at any price for whatever quality goes.


    It becomes a strategy of how successful you are in convincing customers part with their money.

    It relies heavily on marketing.

    Take these two prime examples of advertising that's not about the item they're selling.....




    Smooth, Aston Martin! I guess she's ventilating something? Talk about sexist, tasteless advertising
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Similar Threads

  1. Help me! What font does Creed use (for their Royal Exclusives)
    By topnotes in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 3rd March 2014, 12:15 PM
  2. Creed Royal Exclusives now in 1 oz?
    By RedRaider430 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15th May 2012, 07:56 PM
  3. 30ml Creed Royal Exclusives
    By Pour_Monsieur in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14th April 2012, 12:26 AM
  4. Three New Creed Royal Exclusives for 2011
    By MikeNY in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 23rd July 2011, 05:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •