Code of Conduct

Question Basala, Zen and Tactics...your views ?

I have tried all three of these and I find Tactics the most puzzling of the three.
    Basala reminds me of certain other fragrances, but I can't put my finger on them. Some say Antaeus, but that's not the case for me. Possibly Furyo...?
    Interested to hear your views on these three !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Basala, Zen and Tactics...your views ?

I have owned Basara which later changed its name to Basala which I currently own a large spray bottle of. I have tried the others which I don't care for. Basala is pretty unique for me and I have yet to find another scent that smells anything that I would consider akin to it. It is IMO a fabulous scent rich and spicy.
    Last edited by hednic; 20th March 2014 at 02:16 AM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

The mention of Basala being similar to Furyo has woken me up - Hednic & others - please share your thoughts if these are similar?

I never buy back up's - i just bought a back up of Furyo & I am probably looking to buy some more as back up's - that's how much I like this...Basala - i've never tried, it sells for insanely high prices online...

I read that tactics is green and reminds some of a laundry detergent. I've always wanted to smell this but haven't had the opportunity.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

owned a bottle of Basala, and once I found a tester but the shop manager wouldn't let me buy it....very good scent...
    had a tester of Tactics..gone bad...but what remained told me of a huge green scent a la Polo/ Tsar..pretty good..was a smash hit here in the late 70's!
    Last edited by Francolino; 20th March 2014 at 07:25 AM.

I own all three of these, including several different early versions of Zen.

I will get back to this thread later after I've sprayed them and refreshed my thoughts. It has been a long time sice I've used any of these. The only thing that I can say now is that the last time I wore Basala I found it less likeable than I remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have owned Basara which later changed its name to Basala which I currently own a large spray bottle of. I have tried the others which I don't care for. Basala is pretty unique for me and I have yet to find another scent that smells anything that I would consider akin to it. It is IMO a fabulous scent rich and spicy.

agree here with hednic
    i have it & its unique

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post
    The mention of Basala being similar to Furyo has woken me up - Hednic & others - please share your thoughts if these are similar?

I never buy back up's - i just bought a back up of Furyo & I am probably looking to buy some more as back up's - that's how much I like this...Basala - i've never tried, it sells for insanely high prices online...
    I recently purchased Furyo & i can say they smell nothing alike , if you want to get some Basala to try , pm me & i'll hook you up with a seller in EU , not insanely priced
    cheers

Agree with Dimitrios. Just a few hours ago smelled Furyo side by side with Basala and they are not alike, at least to my nose.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I have a Basala sample and it's quite unique to me though I have not tried as many scents as many members here to draw any similarity conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I own all three of these, including several different early versions of Zen.

I will get back to this thread later after I've sprayed them and refreshed my thoughts. It has been a long time sice I've used any of these. The only thing that I can say now is that the last time I wore Basala I found it less likeable than I remembered.
    Noggs - Maybe you can share your thoughts regarding the vintage juice versus reformulation since you have several versions of Zen.

I got 3 different bottles, two made in the US (2.7oz splash and 5.0oz splash) and one made in Japan (1.0oz? splash). I don't know whether my bottles are of current formulation or vintage. I noticed that the juice of the bottle made in Japan is a bit darker and smoother and the juice of the 5.0oz splash made in the US is the lightest. I LOVE Zen.

I have not tried Tactics.
    Last edited by CapriDog; 20th March 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badarun View Post

badarun, if you are looking for something similar to Furyo try Joint pour Homme from Roccobarocco.
    basala definitely reminds me very much of another fragrance I have encountered, but I am not sure which ?
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

It just blinds me what they ask for a scent just because it's discontinued ..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shiseido-Bas...item5afb574da9