Code of Conduct

Smile Is there anything I can do to get my perfumes last longer?

(I searched the faqs and I couldn't find anything that specifically addressed this, but if it was there and I missed it I'm really sorry!)

Hi there! I'm a noobie perfumer and I've come to you guys before with a similar question... I've switched up my carrier process so now I'm working with essential oils and key accords at a 20:80 fragrance to carrier oil (jojoba) mixture... My customers like the new process a whole lot better (I do too!) but they tell me they'd still like the scents to be stronger and last about 10-12 hours as opposed to the current 4-5 hours...

I'm currently going through my library and seeing what I can tweak in the perfumes that people have requested be stronger (adding another base note, increasing an existing base note by a few drops, wherever I can that keeps the scope of the original scent/enhances it)... does anybody have any other suggestions for me to try?

(Please keep in mind I don't have aroma chemicals and I'd rather not dip my toe into those for a while, when I feel comfortable devoting time to learning about those on top of my school and learning more about the oils I've already got in my fragrance library; math kinda comes first right now XD; But I am eager to get to a place where I can buy and try working with them!)

Thank you so much for your time!

Default Re: Is there anything I can do to get my perfumes last longer?

The sad truth is: There is no magic trick to longer lasting perfume formulations.

Most perfumers discover "optimal" blends that have a good balance between longevity and silage, only after a lot of experiments which lead to one particular composition that stands out.
    However there are aroma chemicals that can bridge between top and base notes, that can act on longevity and stimulate radiation. But that's a no go area for you, i read.
    Best advice is to focus on base notes with fixative capacities for longer lasting formulations.
    Sorry, no holy grail.

Some all natural perfumers however consider the use of Glucam P20 as a possibility.

All the best, happy perfuming.
    Jeroen.

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!

[QUOTE=cherryka67;3100627]like the scents to be stronger and last about 10-12 hours/QUOTE]

like the scents to be stronger and last about 10-12 hours = Synthetics

PK
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    Gold Medal for "Best Aroma"; Los Angeles Artisan Fragrance Salon

That's the story in a nutshell Paul ;-) hahaha.

Your'e welcome to visit my formulation blog, with a dozen of perfume formulations and accords to share!

I'm going to be testing some fatty acids in the future to see whether they can be used as odorless fixatives..