Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Two New Amouages Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Beloved Man smelt no better than a 'mall' fragrance at 5 times the price.
    To you.

And you're not alone, I had seen a few similar comments elsewhere when it was released and that made me all the more keen to try it, actually, because Bleu de Chanel and Voyou were both similarly pilloried. I did a few Left / Right comparisons between Voyou & Beloved Man to see what was going on and came to the conclusion that while both, at a glance, have what I would term as a fairly 'safe' and very affable opening that recalls aromatic fougeres of the 80's or thereabouts (that yer average guy is going to 'recognise' because of the familar accord), that once the introductions have been made they both pursue quite different directions and there's more there than might first meet the eye.

I bought Voyou on the strength of my week long 'sample session' and altho I didn't feel the need to add it to my collection, quite out of the blue I was given a 30ml Beloved Man by the local store that distributes Amouage (VIP perk - they know I like the brand) and have enjoyed it too.

It's easy enough to dismiss something that feels familiar if novelty is what you crave, but I find it interesting when a company like Chanel, Guerlain or Amouage decide to play with a genre that has a recent history - the friendly aromatic fougere, for want of a better description - because they know they're playing with fire - it's so much easier to do something unusual. But fortunately they do it anyway and that's fine by me - I'm always up for seeing a classic genre re-interpreted by people who know what they're doing and given a new twist.
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Actually - you have responded to it twice now. I apologise for not reaching your intellectual heights though.

I wasn't 'baiting' for the sake of it. Beloved Man smelt no better than a 'mall' fragrance at 5 times the price. And what is the thought process behind using calone ever again in a new fragrance?

You take 'patronising' to a new level altogether
    In the context of this discussion, I take that last statement as a compliment, but I'm pretty sure you were patronizing anyone who either found some positive elements or liked Opus VIII and Beloved Man to begin with, whether you realized it or not. I tend to patronize those that patronize others.
    I would be interested to know what your top two or three fragrance houses are.

Quote Originally Posted by mrreasonablenable View Post

It's easy enough to dismiss something that feels familiar if novelty is what you crave, but I find it interesting when a company like Chanel, Guerlain or Amouage decide to play with a genre that has a recent history - the friendly aromatic fougere, for want of a better description - because they know they're playing with fire - it's so much easier to do something unusual. But fortunately they do it anyway and that's fine by me - I'm always up for seeing a classic genre re-interpreted by people who know what they're doing and given a new twist.
    I share mr.reasonable's sentiment.
    Sometimes people are too quick to dismiss something. Either it wasn't raved about by their favorite blogger or forum member look to suggestions. Or sometimes it's a simple cursory testing of it. Or because perfume didn't meet expectations, what the perfume actually stood for was overlooked.
    Like the first time you taste sugar in curry (Thai cuisine), the taste sensation shock from the sugar surprise clouds willingness explore it really is.

I admit to having done that myself in the past, but thanks to dear friends encouraging (friendly way of saying insisting :P), I went back & did see things in different shades. I won't say different light because it's not like I smelled amber but it turned out to be rose.
    No, the composition as a whole experienced differently.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    To you..
    Hey Mr R -- Always. I don't pretend to speak on behalf of anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Indagnacious View Post
    In the context of this discussion, I take that last statement as a compliment....
    I would be interested to know what your top two or three fragrance houses are.
    Firstly, don't -- it wasn't meant as one. I was calling it as I saw it. Dismissing other people's comments as basically 'trite' or unworthy of commenting on is a very unattractive trait.

Secondly -- this alters all the time, but I rate MPG, Dior and Amouage very highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    But worth the price for those that hit the right spots for me. Plus the expense can be cut with some smart shopping and patience.
    Do you have any suggestions? I'm waiting for the testers to return to Fragrancenet, but would love more options for great prices like that.
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Firstly, don't -- it wasn't meant as one. I was calling it as I saw it. Dismissing other people's comments as basically 'trite' or unworthy of commenting on is a very unattractive trait.

Secondly -- this alters all the time, but I rate MPG, Dior and Amouage very highly.]

[/I]

This is my point. Let's say you create a thread on Dior. I come in and say something like:
    "Granville, total crap. I could apply Listerine at $4 a bottle and smell better. Dior Homme Sport, smelled like something at the mall...oh wait a minute, I WAS at the mall in Sephora."
    That is trite, rude, dismissive, and unattractive. If I said something to the effect of, "I like Dior, it's one of my favorite houses, but Granville reminded me almost of Listerine. It was hard for me to wear after the nice, fresh herbal opening. It's not a scent from their line-up I would personally recommend. As for Dior Homme Sport, I was disappointed. They seemed to use a lower grade iris and in my opinion, it wasn't as effective as the previous releases."
    I don't think anyone is going to find fault with your discontent if you explain yourself a little. Maybe if you sharpened your teeth and worked in the industry for a couple of decades, published a few books, gave a TED lecture, yes, you'd probably get a pass for your comments. I'm not buying it on here, at least not with a subject I have direct involvement with. Disrespect is going to attract more disrespect. I'm just a mirror dude, that's all.
    Last edited by Indagnacious; 27th March 2014 at 08:29 PM.

I'm moderately excited. I've to say their latest masculines after Memoir have all been more or less disappointing but, their feminines are more than often totally outstanding. I'll surely give them all the attention they deserve.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

[I]
    This is my point. Let's say you create a thread on Dior. I come in and say something like:
    "Granville, total crap. I could apply Listerine at $4 a bottle and smell better. Dior Homme Sport, smelled like something at the mall...oh wait a minute, I WAS at the mall in Sephora."
    That is trite, rude, dismissive, and unattractive. If I said something to the effect of, "I like Dior, it's one of my favorite houses, but Granville reminded me almost of Listerine. It was hard for me to wear after the nice, fresh herbal opening. It's not a scent from their line-up I would personally recommend. As for Dior Homme Sport, I was disappointed. They seemed to use a lower grade iris and in my opinion, it wasn't as effective as the previous releases."
    I don't think anyone is going to find fault with your discontent if you explain yourself a little. Maybe if you sharpened your teeth and worked in the industry for a couple of decades, published a few books, gave a TED lecture, yes, you'd probably get a pass for your comments. I'm not buying it on here, at least not with a subject I have direct involvement with. Disrespect is going to attract more disrespect. I'm just a mirror dude, that's all.

Just what I need -- a sermon from a blowhard

Has it crossed your mind that your extreme bias towards Amouage is clouding your judgement?

Beloved Man was a total letdown for me, but I didn' call it 'crap' -- it actually smelt no better than a lot of mall juices -- that was my point.

You actually don't know anything about me but you assume a lot.

Carry on writing your books and giving your lectures -- I'll keep missin 'em

Thread starter is becoming bothersome.

for swap/sale:

Ha, I wasn't referring to myself ....and worked in the industry for a couple of decades, published a few books, gave a TED lecture, but maybe you'll figure that one out later?
    The only thing that is a bit bothersome is that this thread started out as a piece of relevant news on a release from Amouage, and a few people just want to keep throwing in remarks and complain about how bad and mediocre they think the firm has become. Isn't the title of this "Two New Amouages Coming" and not "Why Has Amouage Become A Letdown"? Hasn't this been discussed before in other areas? And why aren't you, they, whoever, over there? I'm all too happy to go along with the flow of things for a little and defend a top 10 house out of respect. I find discussions of all kinds enjoyable. But I'm not over there on those threads discussing the downfall, I'm over here starting a different subject entirely.
    At any rate, trying once again to stay on a positive note, in just four days this topic generated 1,700 views and quite a few responses which I'm sure is a good thing for BN and its advertisers. Here's to BN and all the good things it provides.
    Last edited by Indagnacious; 28th March 2014 at 04:52 PM.

I think in everything people are excited first and then they complain.

Fashion houses, music artists, fragrance houses, restaurants, holiday destinations, ...

What's to worry about is that this develops always quicker and quicker: the time of excitement is very short-lived IMO.

I guess people get bored rather quickly nowadays and need new things very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TLS View Post
    I think in everything people are excited first and then they complain.

Fashion houses, music artists, fragrance houses, restaurants, holiday destinations, ...

What's to worry about is that this develops always quicker and quicker: the time of excitement is very short-lived IMO.

I guess people get bored rather quickly nowadays and need new things very fast.
    I agree and that's an excellent point. When I was in NYC last weekend, the perfumeries in Nolita were so positive....the SA's, the clients, the owners, everyone! The discussions were vibrant, almost euphoric. I was hoping to bring a little bit of the excitement on here but alas it turned into something else. I suppose you're always going to have people who get bored and jaded. I know that is part of the process for everyone and I feel it can be healthy to vent your frustrations, but at some point you eventually want to get to the point where you're sharing exciting information with like minded people on a similar subject.

I agree and that's an excellent point. When I was in NYC last weekend, the perfumeries in Nolita were so positive....the SA's, the clients, the owners, everyone! The discussions were vibrant, almost euphoric. I was hoping to bring a little bit of the excitement on here but alas it turned into something else. I suppose you're always going to have people who get bored and jaded. I know that is part of the process for everyone and I feel it can be healthy to vent your frustrations, but at some point you eventually want to get to the point where you're sharing exciting information with like minded people on a similar subject.
    I don't want to take sides but I follow you. In the end, what's it all about: just fragrance. A popular niche-house is to release two new fragrances and that's great news. If one wants to sample them, please do, if you don't, than pass.

I have seen many posts here on Basenotes when people are excited to start a thread and then the thread turns out in a lame discussion that can only be ended by closing the thread.

Everyone has the ability to ignore posts that they find annoying or even to block other members thereby avoiding seeing their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Everyone has the ability to ignore posts that they find annoying or even to block other members thereby avoiding seeing their posts.
    True but people should think twice before posting too. Isn't there something like posting-etiquette?

In an ideal world maybe we'd all have similar ideas about etiquette, online and elsewhere, but we don't.

A compromise is to just try to get along or ignore posts that one finds annoying, as outlined in the Code of Conduct.

Posting Etiquette is not the same of dictatorship. I guess that others have the right to express their dissasfaction if they want - you don't need to buy their opinions or agree. But the thread creator was several times agressive during this thread, and a little bit disrespectful with others negative opinions.

Well, if you only want positive opinions about Amouage, i guess you should open an Amouage Group on Basenotes. If not, let the others express themselves - if they don't like the brand is launching a fragrance every year, it's their right. I see that the reaction was very over due to the responses given.

It would certainly be cool if people could disagree reasonably.

The alternative is often closed threads which nobody here likes.

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    It would certainly be cool if people could disagree reasonably.
    Let's stick with this shall we?

If Amouage is going in the direction of creating a fragrance based on Shanghai in the 1920s as in the Tweet I saw it would be very interesting. I can picture it as a dusty floral with leather and tea in the background. Time will tell once a press release is posted and we are able to start sniffing them.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    If Amouage is going in the direction of creating a fragrance based on Shanghai in the 1920s as in the Tweet I saw it would be very interesting. I can picture it as a dusty floral with leather and tea in the background. Time will tell once a press release is posted and we are able to start sniffing them.
    Whoa, cool. Where did you see this tweet? From Amouage?

Whoa, cool. Where did you see this tweet? From Amouage?
    Christopher Chong posted a picture of an article we was featured in.
    Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel. Proverbs 27:9 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Rev320 View Post
    I remember seeing a post on Twitter several months ago with an article where Christopher Chong was talking about drawing on his Chinese Heritage. The notes he mentioned were white florals, vanilla, leather, and Osmanthus.

I found the link but it's a picture of the magazine so it's very hard to read but I did pick out those notes. It's posting from January 29th.
    Any way you could post this link for us? I'm kinda curious about it. Thanks

Any way you could post this link for us? I'm kinda curious about it. Thanks
    pic.twitter.com/Nq63tshf2m

Yep, totally right there in the mag at the very bottom. Nice info Rev....looks like that would fit the name Journey and what this fragrance will lean toward. Must be amazing to take one small theme, a moment in time and formulate your own personal vision around it.

Are there any updates?

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

image.jpg

Print ad. For Journey is here so more information is going to be revealed soon.
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...36562936396159
    Last edited by Wit_Siamese; 1st May 2014 at 01:47 PM.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Quote Originally Posted by Wit_Siamese View Post
    image.jpg

Print ad. For Journey is here so more information is going to be revealed soon.
    https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...36562936396159
    Thanks for the information. Looking forward to see the note breakdown. With the bottles looking red I wonder what direction they'll be going with for the fragrance.

Basenotes Plus

This is exciting - I have been a fan of nearly every Amouage fragrance I have tried. Journey seems like it could be another one I like!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Default New Amouage's 2014 "Journey"

Coming soon as posted on their FB page.

didn't think that was brought up here before .. would love to hear more details about it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Amouage's 2014 "Journey"

Interesting and thanks for sharing. I should be excited, but my demeanor is one that feels like waiting until it is thoroughly reviewed. I hope its a winner.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Looking forward to seeing the notes.

There is another thread started over in the General Section of the forum.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/377...mouages-Coming

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Interesting and thanks for sharing. I should be excited, but my demeanor is one that feels like waiting until it is thoroughly reviewed. I hope its a winner.
    Yes espcially after Fate. Now i have to wait to sample first.

Dear Wallet;

Don't stop believin'.

Love Always*,
    - L'HBI

Obviously, I'll sample first, but oooooeeeeee do I loves me some Amouage. Thanks for the link Rev320!

*OK, maybe not always. Maybe not even often. Sigh. Holy crap! Did I just hear my wallet sigh too?! Man, that sucks.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by shirreer View Post
    Coming soon as posted on their FB page.

didn't think that was brought up here before .. would love to hear more details about it
    Thanks OP. My bank account now officially hates you.

Nice ad! Nice name! Great house! Looking forward to sample it.

Hi!

As there's an existing thread on this subject, we'll merge them in order to keep all of the info. together.

Thanks!

Default Re: Two New Amouages Coming - Journey.

The flagship boutique said it's coming very soon.

for swap/sale:

that red color looks so "ambery" or "rosy" to me!

I so respect Amouage artistry! Even if a particular scent is one I would not own, buy or wear the artistry is always appreciated. Looking forward to a sniff and hoping for my bank account's sake that I don't want it. Unlikely but hoping. I am also looking forward to seeing what direction Mr. Chong goes after Fate.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    I'm moderately excited. I've to say their latest masculines after Memoir have all been more or less disappointing but, their feminines are more than often totally outstanding. I'll surely give them all the attention they deserve.
    That's a very good point. Didn't like Fate Man at all, but Fate Woman was stunning.

I really like Amouage at the moment. They've got a pretty good release schedule going (two per year?), but I wonder if any from the line are going to be cut soon...

When I was in NYC last weekend, the perfumeries in Nolita were so positive....the SA's, the clients, the owners, everyone! The discussions were vibrant, almost euphoric.
    Why? Was everybody high on Ecstasy?
    Last edited by Duke Hunt; 3rd May 2014 at 03:22 PM.

Journey Man - Woody Spicy

Top: Sichuan Pepper, Bergamot, Cardamom, Neroli Bigarade

Heart: Juniper Berries, Incense, Pure Geraniol, Tobacco Leaves

Base: Tonka Beans, Cypriol, Leather, Ambrox

10173659_735178139867966_3353443147715524225_n.jpg

Journey Woman - Floral, Fruity, Leather

Top: Apricot, Jasmine Tea, Osmanthhus, Nutmeg, Cardamom

Heart: Jasmine Sambac, Mimosa, Honey, Cedarwood

Base: Pipe Tobacco, Saffron, Vanilla, Cypriol, Musk

10289911_735177743201339_4383361871821862912_n.jpg

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post

Thanks for the information on the notes.

Both of them sound promising.

By the way, what is Pure Geraniol ?
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy1985 View Post

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hear first impressions.

They both sound promising to me nad I can't wait to sample these.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Default New Fragrance: Journey Man - Amouage

Journey Man by Amouage is a Woody Spicy fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. Journey Man was launched in 2014. Top notes are sichuan pepper, cardamom, bergamot and neroli; middle notes are juniper berries, incense and tobacco leaf; base notes are tonka bean, leather, cypriol oil or nagarmotha and musk.

Sorry, if this was mentioned previously, but I think more information is here.

Default Re: New Fragrance: Journey Man - Amouage

Awesome! Notes sound great.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/catego...ouses/amouage/

Do not know if this has been posted, if so just ignore it. Some information on Journey, the Attars, and Opus VIII.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

Thanks for the post. I'm very keen to try these, both look great on paper.

The comments underneath about HK are good to see - I have met with Christopher a couple of times when he's here and he is doing on the ground market research whenever he launches a new perfume - he quietly explains what the perfume is about but most of the time he is listening to the people who are there (Frederic Malle is another Creative Director who really listens).

I was with Chris when some local friends (and other women attending the launch event) tried Interlude, Fate and others and the reaction is always a surprise - often the women's eyes light up when they smell the Man version - this was definitely the case with Fate.

At some point a few other Creative Directors might want to pay some attention to their customer base and make an effort to get beyond the ridiculous and demeaning 'ohhhh, but Asian women want delicate transparent florals' stereotype and get a feel for what's actually going on on the ground
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
    ― Isaac Asimov

Default Re: New Fragrance: Journey Man - Amouage

Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I quantify quality as originality first and foremost
    This is always a frustrating concept for me as I look to basenotes for enlightenment. And don´t take that comment the wrong way, Mr. Reasonable. I am a a big fan of your reviews and comments and can certainly understand this unique, experienced approach to being objective when it comes to judging quality in scent. It´s just that I, so often, come across a fragrance that rocks my world... so incredibly beautiful, only to dig deeper here and find it ripped apart for being a copy of something that came before. And often, the NEW is more smoothly blended or creatively compiled with inferior raw materials and under intense restrictions. (The vintage = better argument is another pet peeve of mine, as are reviews that are more judgmental of value-for-price than on how good something really smells!)

In most cases, something unoriginal to many will be a first for me. So, in order to be objective, I have no basis to include originality among criteria for judging quality. Keeping it to this thread.. Memoir Man was the first Amouage that grabbed me. I loved it. However, I remember at the time that it was loathed by many as it was too wet and cool and fresh to meet expectations of those opulent alchemists at Amouage. I can honestly say that every release since (and many that came before) has been incredibly original to me and superior to other options within the same scent family. (Especially here in Brazil... where duty free is about all you have access to... unless your name is Rickbr, lol. And despite the fact that he doesn't "get" Memoir - he´s a super guy :-)

I am relatively new to this addiction... 4-5 years... and have been (admittedly OVERLY) guided by 1) Turin´s book... given to me as a joke when someone found Drakkar Noir in my bathroom, and 2) The discovery of basenotes and some helpful impressions of what makes something "QUALITY" around these parts. I can blame that delicious snark (in print) and the enthusiasm (here on the web) for the tendency to spend too much of a teacher's salary on volatile liquids since 2010. The good news, I honestly feel that what collection I have holds a higher ratio of gems to duds, thanks to both. So thank you... all. Perhaps through your guidance (and my having no particular genre-specific taste when it comes to trying everything), I have avoided having apparent copy-cats in the wardrobe.

I don't know what I am really trying to suggest here. I guess it was inspired by all the off-topic sparring above and some reflection (THERE's an Amouage I dislike ;-) on the worth of personal opinion - other than my own - when it comes to scent. Returning to the quote above, it´s not that originality is not valuable; Indeed it is everything in the world of arts, entertainment, science, invention... But when used to levy QUALITY, I become filled with that frustration that, no matter how much beauty I find in scent, my angle on the subject will be the tip of the iceberg to those of you that have a fully developed scent memory (and library of source material). I know nobody here sees that as a bad thing... and most recognize that "scent is personal"... but GOD I HATE IT when something beautiful loses cool points for not being original!

And yes, by the notes, I am VERY MUCH looking forward to the JOURNEY ahead.
    Last edited by FumeHood; 7th May 2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Very well written FumeHood! I totally agree with what you said about originality. Just because a perfume doesn't knock you out with something completely new and brilliant doesn't mean that it isn't a solid, well thought out creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Hunt View Post
    Why? Was everybody high on Ecstasy?
    For some people, perfumes are Ecstasy.

For some people, perfumes are Ecstasy.
    I agree, there are a lot of sad characters in the world in need of happiness.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/0...journey-woman/
    First review is up for one of the fragrances. It looks like my previous guess about how the fragrance would smell was close.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/0...ery-splendour/

Journey Man review is up. Looking forward to others reviews.

Journy sounds wonderful and amazing. Can't wait to sample.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Plus

Can't wait til it is at my local dealer so I can sample n sniff! I am very happy we have an amouage dealer in Miami and Palm beach, but my wallet suffers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....