Code of Conduct

Thread: Anas Anas

Default Anas Anas

In a nice trip down Memory Lane for many of us, Bois de Jasmin reports that Cacharel is bringing back Anas Anas next month. The details are here. Apparently it will be called Anas Anas L'Original.

I am looking forward to it. I expect my teen daughters will love it now. Is anyone else a little excited?

Default Re: Anas Anas

Very interesting.

I like Anais Anais and I thought it had always been around, and in decent shape (though I have not smelled vintage). Perhaps they just want to launch a fruity floral, which evidently sells more than the more austere original. No problem, as long as they keep doing the good stuff, under whatever name. It would have been more fun if they had repurposed the original for the boys, for whom it is equally suited.

Now, I'd be even happier if they brought back a bath oil. I got one on ebay and the smell is gorgeous for the purpose.

cacio

Anas Anas has always been available in Australia. I haven't smelt for many years but remember the bottle and floral print well. It would be interesting to find out if there is a perceptible difference. I'm a little excited and very curious. Thanks Mocha.
    We live only to discover beauty. All else is a form of waiting. ~Kahlil Gibran

Glad to hear it. Used to be a great dry, fresh, soapy floral. Loved it but I rarely wore it. Doubt the new stuff will be great but who knows. Yeah, as cacio said, good for a guy as long as you don't use too much.

Blog Entries

l didn't know it had been away. lt's still readily available in the UK...
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Oh dear, I hope they don't muck it up. This was a heady explosion of Madonna Lily. Now, who knows? I still have an old can of this, I believe. I guess I'll give it a squirt for old-times sake. It's memories in a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    It's memories in a bottle.
    I feel the same way.

Interesting to know it hasn't really been gone. I haven't seen it locally in the big stores, but maybe they are just re-introducing it under a slightly different name. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Anais Anais wasn't at Macy's, but it was here and there at smaller stores. Also, Marshalls had it usually, thought that could be a sign that they were trying to clear up the old stock. If you stop at Marshalls (or similar stores) try checking if they have a discounted bottle.

cacio

Its always on sale here in the UK.

I remember buying the edp(I believe it was limited edition back then), and loved it. I did not like the edt.
    DONNA

queen of the universe

Just saw it in the CVS
    What do insomniac perfumers do to fall asleep? They count chypres!

Basenotes Institution

Own a bottle. Love it. It needs more hype.

I remember wearing some the day that Luca Turin texted me (when I was on vacation in Boston - where we met) and he asked me what fragrance I was wearing and I told him Anais Anais, and he said something like 'That one's dangerously good'. I remember him reviewing it positively in The Guide.

I think it smells super sexy on a woman. I didn't know they made a bath oil (I do remember seeing talc/powder).

It's one of the few scents, with a prominent lily note, that I like. Sometimes, to me, lily (even in nature) smells like ham. Seriously.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Own a bottle. Love it. It needs more hype.

I remember wearing some the day that Luca Turin texted me (when I was on vacation in Boston - where we met) and he asked me what fragrance I was wearing and I told him Anais Anais, and he said something like 'That one's dangerously good'. I remember him reviewing it positively in The Guide.

I think it smells super sexy on a woman. I didn't know they made a bath oil (I do remember seeing talc/powder).

It's one of the few scents, with a prominent lily note, that I like. Sometimes, to me, lily (even in nature) smells like ham. Seriously.
    Mike, there is even a parfum version of it, it's quite rare but i have already saw it on german ebay,

Basenotes Junkie

Not excited at all. Every time i smell it i get over the top old lady floral. No one should have to del with that...

Rick

Funny how back then it was marketed to teens - and it did smell different from the perfumes women were wearing back then. Things change ...

I agree with mike, lily does have a ham note (see Lys Med briny ham). But I assume that Anais Anais contains little naturals, so they simply avoided the ham chemical in the reconstruction.

cacio

Blog Entries

​Madonna Lily

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    Mike, there is even a parfum version of it, it's quite rare but i have already saw it on german ebay,
    Wow!

I had a parfum of Lou Lou once, quite a while ago. I see slight similarities to AA and LL.

-- Jack Kerouac

Love this one from the milk glass bottle to the whisper of leather.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Oh!!!! unfortunately I cannot read German(I can do French ebay), my edp was a dab bottle as well.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Wow!

I had a parfum of Lou Lou once, quite a while ago. I see slight similarities to AA and LL.
    How is lou lou parfum? I always wanted to have it, but never found someone that tried it.

Have you tried lou lou bleue? If not, i recommend you, it's a less indolic and more gourmand (but refined, not sugary) version of Lou lou.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Oh!!!! unfortunately I cannot read German(I can do French ebay), my edp was a dab bottle as well.
    Donna, me neither, but the google translate can

Basenotes Institution

How is lou lou parfum? I always wanted to have it, but never found someone that tried it.

Have you tried lou lou bleue? If not, i recommend you, it's a less indolic and more gourmand (but refined, not sugary) version of Lou lou.
    Fantastic. Was very subdued but as indolic/sweet - hard to describe the effect. Like Turin has said about it, it really smells 'dusty'. I used it up in no time at all. I would wear it when I went dancing...I always got compliments from other people when I did. Sort of smells as 'manly' as something say...Jean Paul Gaultier would create, no?

I have not smelled the flanker. I actually like how indolic the original is. If I see it, I definitely will sample it.

-- Jack Kerouac

I guess that the great aspect of Lou Lou is exact this combination of indolic and sweet aspects. It makes it sexy and a little bit nasty i guess, but once you get used with it you end loving the scent.

It never disappeared here. However, I have noticed the "new" name. I noticed also a flanker Anas Anas Premier Dlice.

I'm glad this is coming back for all who love this!!! I was never a big fan but always respected this scent!!! This is not the type of fragrance my Wife likes so I never had to deal with this!!!
    However I do like Amor Amor and its flankers!!! Noa was very nice also!!!

Good news indeed. Excited not so much for myself, but quite a few of my female acquaintances confessed to love this fragrance, so a potential future gift idea is not far-fetched given this new availability.

I smelled the delice in France, where it is already lining the shelf. As expected, it is a powerfully sweet pink syrup. Perhaps better than the average pink syrup (and certainly nowhere near the scary Delices de Cartier), but still, not good either.

But luckily, the regular one, at least from a brief sniff, appears to smell just the same.

cacio

Ah, the "Horsey One"!
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

A new one? Intriguing. I had it too, many years ago. It is still readily available here but I've never been tempted to go back down that road. It will be interesting to see what the new one is like, whether looking to the past, or the present?

I smelled this on a strip today, and thought it was really pretty....as a guy, I would have to find the right time and place to wear it, but I just love the way it smells. I could just wear it for myself. I know a cousin of mine wore it way back when, but I didn't have a 'scent-memory' when I smelled it today.