Code of Conduct

Default What to buy additionally?

Hi I started working on a coconut based accord in fragrance and realized I need more notes besides c18, methyl laitone.
    considering ordering some new notes to make the scent more complete. the following notes are not available from eu suppliers which means I would have to take customs and tax duties in account and I'm on a budget so any suggestions or your experience with these notes are welcome.
    I can't seem to find following notes in the Eu:

ē bicyclononalactone
    ē isobutavan

ē are they worth investing in?
    what other notes would you recommend?

i'm working on a soft warm coconut based scent with tropical yet masculine vibe.

From the notes i purchased i have
    c18, methyl laitone, vetraldehyde ( got disappointed by how faint the note is), banana co2 ( truly yummy), paradisamide (was curious about it- is ok), hedione (for the pure curiosity), jasmine abs, coconut co2 ( not my cup of tea scent- while natural it smells like toasted coconut).

ordered (should be on its way) coumarin, ethyl vanillin, vanillin, dry woods accord, c14 aldehyde (to try to come up with mango scent) some amber, musk mix, cassis i think and few others

as you can see this is a work in progress and we'll see how it turns out in the end.

any input is welcome

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
    Last edited by perfectscent; 26th March 2014 at 05:24 PM.

Default What to buy additionally?

should I also invest in calone or some other "ozonic types" if I want a sea spray or even fresh (maybe fruity) opening notes?

It may sound like a mess but I have a certain vision in my head and been having it for years to where I finally caved in to DIY.

Last edited by perfectscent; 26th March 2014 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: What to buy additionally?

If I were to create a tropical, coconuty type scent (and bear in mind, I've never created a perfume in my life), I'd probably experiment with adding some benzyl salicylate for that oily, slightly sweet, suntan lotion vibe. I have the impression it blends well with tropical flowers and fruits.

sounds like an excellent material, thank you

I would definitely recommend bicyclononalactone as it is just as you described: 'warm, coconut and potentially masculin' because of a slightly woody/vanilla/tonka note lingering underneath the coconut. Got mine from Plush Folly (UK).
    Use it in Mango accord too (it helps making it 'meaty' and linger) alongside

Cassis Base,
    Ethyl Butyrate,
    Methyl Benzoate,
    Aldehyde C14,
    Aldehyde C10 (trace),
    Strawberry Furanone,
    Alpha Pinene,
    Beta Ionone,
    Violet Leaf Abs (or cucumber aldehyde),
    Grapefruit,
    Immortelle Abs and
    a trace of Coffee Abs.
    Still working out the exact amounts. Once it's perfect I will post the formula!

Good luck!

Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Schaeffer View Post
    I would definitely recommend bicyclononalactone as it is just as you described: 'warm, coconut and potentially masculin' because of a slightly woody/vanilla/tonka note lingering underneath the coconut. Got mine from Plush Folly (UK).
    Use it in Mango accord too (it helps making it 'meaty' and linger) alongside

Cassis Base,
    Ethyl Butyrate,
    Methyl Benzoate,
    Aldehyde C14,
    Aldehyde C10 (trace),
    Strawberry Furanone,
    Alpha Pinene,
    Beta Ionone,
    Violet Leaf Abs (or cucumber aldehyde),
    Grapefruit,
    Immortelle Abs and
    a trace of Coffee Abs.
    Still working out the exact amounts. Once it's perfect I will post the formula!

Good luck!

Bart.
    All good options and I can also suggest gamma-Octalactone for a softer, less dry, coconut than you get from C18. Plush Folly got their bicyclononalactone from me btw, so if youíre looking for very small amounts I recommend that source, if you want more I can also supply some.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Thank you, didn't know about Plush Folly, cool!

Chris that is a nice list. I am looking at strawberry furanone but in smaller quantities as well as cedramber, do you think Plush Folly might have it soon from you? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent View Post
    Chris that is a nice list. I am looking at strawberry furanone but in smaller quantities as well as cedramber, do you think Plush Folly might have it soon from you? Thanks
    I got my Strawberry Furanone from Hermitage Oils, and I believe Hexapus sells Cedramber!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent View Post
    Iím currently offering Strawberry Furanone in 30ml size at 1% - so far as I know Plush Folly are not planning to carry it, but you could always ask them - customer requests are the best way to judge what to stock after all. If youíre ordering a few things from my list Iím always open to selling in smaller quantities too - just drop me a mail with what youíd like and Iíll let you know if I can help. Similarly if you are looking for something that isnít on the list itís worth asking: if I donít have it I may be willing to get it - the real point of selling on stock in this way is to enable me to maintain a larger palette than I otherwise could.

Plush Folly should already have Cedramber.
    ďA person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person
    ― Dave Barry

Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation Iím happy to quote: if you want free advice, thatís what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Thanks Bart, thanks Chris (that's really cool and I will consider that).
    The only reason I'm not that quick to order from Hermitage oils is, although they have a really excellent selection and superb naturals, but being that I am still in the learning process and limited budget, I find their minimum order policy (50 gbp for eu) plus the shipping costs 20 gbp a deal breaker at the moment. It often happens that I just need some or few new materials quickly in order to try it in a blend and that is why PA rate better in that regard.
    Last edited by perfectscent; 19th November 2014 at 02:01 PM.

If you need a small vial just to smell it 'out' send me a pm, I would happily pass some on
    @SomethingSmelly