Code of Conduct
+ Reply to Thread

Default Wardrobe data from last year

I've been working on the wardrobe data from Huddler for the last few weeks, the sheer amount of data has made this a bit difficult to work with but on the final stretch now.

Basically, anyone who had a wardrobe on Huddler, but not here will have their wardrobes added "as-is".

People that have had wardrobes pre and post Huddler will have the option to choose what they wish to merge.

Once the wardrobe data is added the SOTD data should be fairly straightforward.

Apologies for the lack of communication so far in how things are going. I tend to be the type of person why doesn't want to say anything unless there is some real progress to report - but I have been advised that this can come across as looking like nothing is happening, when in fact lots have.

I'm going to try an be a bit better at communicating from now on...

I'll post again when the data is up, but people that have data to merge will also see a little note in their wardrobes.

Cheers

G

Sent from my iPhone using Basenotes Forums

Default Re: Wardrobe data from last year

Thanks for the info., Grant!

Appreciate the update Grant.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Nice!

Blog Entries

Thanks, Grant!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

Awesome! Thanks for the note - very much appreciated!

Basenotes Plus

Looking forward to it

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for the information, Grant, I really appreciate you letting us know.

Timely and consistent communication makes all the difference. Thanks!

Thank you, Grant.

Thanks!
    FAVOURITES:

1. Dia Man
    2. Tawaf
    3. Skin Graft
    4. Vitrum
    5. Norne
    6. Incense Extreme

Thanks Grant!

for swap/sale:

Thanks!

I just checked my sotd history for the first time in a long time and, not only is the hddlr era stuff still missing, but my sotd history ends about five weeks ago. I've been posting sotd data since late 2011. Will sotd history no longer be made available?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    I just checked my sotd history for the first time in a long time and, not only is the hddlr era stuff still missing, but my sotd history ends about five weeks ago. I've been posting sotd data since late 2011. Will sotd history no longer be made available?
    There were some recent alterations but if you look at the 'Your Most Worn' tab there should be more info.
    Mine shows stuff that hasn't been worn since before we returned from Huddler.

Thanks for the update.

In other words, our ability to go through our entire sotd history, as if it were a daily diary, has been eliminated, even though the data is still there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    There were some recent alterations but if you look at the 'Your Most Worn' tab there should be more info.
    Mine shows stuff that hasn't been worn since before we returned from Huddler.
    l just had a look at this, & l think l know what Wheatstraw is referring to. After you post your SOTD, a comments box comes up. ln the top right-hand corner you can click on "Show previous scents worn". The last time l looked at this, the data went all the way back to September 1st 2010, the day l joined. l even posted in a thread about this. Now it only goes back to March this year. Where has all that data suddenly gone to?

My wardrobe counts still seem to be correct, except for the data still missing from the Huddler period. lt shows that some scents haven't been worn since summer 2012, when l *know* l wore them regularly during summer 2013.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    This is a temporary fix for a bug. I need to add some provisions in the code to stop the site falling over for people that have worn a lot of fragrances. So, all of your data is still there I just need to make it viewable without making the site crash

Blog Entries

Thanks, Grant!

Ok, thanks. I'm very grateful for the reply and for the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I've been working on the wardrobe data from Huddler for the last few weeks, the sheer amount of data has made this a bit difficult to work with but on the final stretch now.

Basically, anyone who had a wardrobe on Huddler, but not here will have their wardrobes added "as-is".

People that have had wardrobes pre and post Huddler will have the option to choose what they wish to merge.

Once the wardrobe data is added the SOTD data should be fairly straightforward.

Apologies for the lack of communication so far in how things are going. I tend to be the type of person why doesn't want to say anything unless there is some real progress to report - but I have been advised that this can come across as looking like nothing is happening, when in fact lots have.

I'm going to try an be a bit better at communicating from now on...

I'll post again when the data is up, but people that have data to merge will also see a little note in their wardrobes.

Cheers

G

Sent from my iPhone using Basenotes Forums
    Hey, no worries! This site is awesome and your hard work is appreciated. Everyone at Basenotes is Aces in my book!

+ Reply to Thread