Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Slumberhouse Sample Pass Thread Redux

Thanks for the info., juanderer.
    Vikt is becoming one of my favourites as well

Blog Entries

Still working my way through and making notes as I do so, just poking my head in to report so you all don't think I am MIA.
    I am sorry it is taking so long but with both passes landing at once, there was no help for it.
    The timetable for both was such that I couldn't have imagined it even happening.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Quote Originally Posted by juanderer View Post
    Vikt
    The older version is louder and harsher up top and the metallic feel is more tenacious than in the current extrait formulation. It is still enjoyable, but I prefer the roundness of the extrait.
    I might be the minority - I still like the older version - new seems to be more crowd friendly & lacks the tenacity of the old version.
    Currently wearing: L'Humaniste by Frapin

Basenotes Plus

I like the friendliness of the extrait. I feel like it's an undercover situation with the fragrance - a challenging composition, by most crowd-friendly standards, that I can just spray on without worrying about offending someone... not that I'd ever worry about offending someone with what I wear.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mimielle View Post
    Still working my way through and making notes as I do so, just poking my head in to report so you all don't think I am MIA.
    I am sorry it is taking so long but with both passes landing at once, there was no help for it.
    The timetable for both was such that I couldn't have imagined it even happening.

Any progress yet, please?

Blog Entries

I will be boxing up and sending out later this week.
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for replying, mimielle - hope you enjoyed sampling them

Any updates on this? Where is the pass now?

Basenotes Plus

It would also be nice to hear mimielle's impressions if time permits please.
    Last edited by lpp; 12th June 2014 at 08:28 AM.
    Directory contribution link:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/contribute.php

Just received samples from Mimi. I had asked to be taken off the sample pass via e-mail that was sent out to all of us quite some time ago because work is insane and I wouldn't be able to get to them in timely fashion. Guess that didn't get noted in thread. I'd like to send these on (unsniffed) to next participant right away, who I believe is Purplebird? If that's correct, Purplebird can you PM me with your address? Thanks, Carolyn

Done! Address sent. If I receive the package next week, I should be able to start sampling and posting by the weekend (last weekend in June). I'm notoriously fast, so I can get them moving along to KBF1972 (whose address I already have) by early July.

KBF, please check in. Are you still interested?

The danger of taking so long with a pass is that people become inactive on the forum. I don't want to risk losing the samples. I've switched to email notifications for this thread because too much time goes by between posts here.

This pass has taken half a year and was fraught with difficulties. What could we have done differently?

Yes, I know spray bottles give a better representation of a normal "dose" of fragrance, but they leak. Stopper vials are more reliable -- something to consider for rare, expensive fragrances. Yes, I know people are busy, but the order of the participants can be re-arranged. It is easy to swap positions with the person below you.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 20th June 2014 at 02:29 PM.

Samples received! Great packaging bogsc. I will reuse the box. Thanks for being honest about not having time to review them and passing them on to me. I will make fast work of my reviews.

If you would like, your name could be moved to the bottom of the list in case you will have more time later. I'd hate for you to miss out entirely. I'll ask Deadidol to contact you in regard to this.

I have PMed KBF1972. If he is still interested in the pass and has timeb to do reviews, I will send the samples to him in about a week.

No use writing books about these since people have done some lovely reviews already. I'll start right in:

NORNE - This is the one I most wanted to try, based on the notes. I'm an evergreen freak, especially pine, fir, and spruce. This perfume smells like a walk out in the forest. Fabulous. I could wear this easily. To me, it smells primarily of balsam fir absolute. I'm not getting any smoky notes -- no burned smell, no remnants of a fire -- even though I'm sensitive to those, and I dislike them. So, this is surprisingly easy on my nose. Rather, it's more like frankincense.

It is strong, though. I didn't even do a full spray, and it's still enough. The initial hit of broken branches, sap, and crushed needles is heavenly. It smells like a long-lost, pine bubble bath that I used as a child -- a dark green liquid in a bottle that foamed in the tub and filled the entire bathroom with the scent of a Colorado mountain in the summer. (Alas, it disappeared like many of wonderful products.)

After more than an hour, Norne still smells great, but a soapy-musky base is becoming prominent. This doesn't put me off, though. (After all, my first pine-y love was a bubble bath.) Green notes are hard to retain. Norne does an admirable job of staying true to its intent, holding onto the original essence as long as possible. I am enjoying this immensely.

My biggest reservation about buying a bottle, actually more than the 100ml $300 price, is that I have read the essential oil safety books by Martin Watt and Robert Tisserand, and I wonder if this beautiful juice has more of the terpene-rich natural substances than are recommended in order to avoid sensitizing the wearer. I'd hate to develop an allergy to my favorite trees. No way to determine that, only to trust that the perfumer took that caution into consideration.

Oo. I'm wondering if I'll like the other Slumberhouse fragrances as much as I like Norne. We shall see. Tomorrow is another day...

Next, I tried Jeke and Pear and Olives because: 1) They are still being made and are available to buy, and 2) people seem to like them both a lot. I wasn't as lucky in that respect. Neither of these lived up to the hype for me.

JEKE - This one is the smoke monster I expected from Norne but didn't receive. Whoee. Lapsing Souchong tea disgusts me. I hated it the first time I drank it, and it never grew on me, contrary to the assertions of the salesperson. Jeke has a bitter, burning aroma. I don't tolerate this fragrance at all. When I was young and poor, my husband and I lived next door to the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant, and the smell of vulcanizing rubber was as nice as this, which is to say, not good. My nose is wrinkled. I'm frowning. I love benzoin, but its sweetness is totally flattened in a full-Nelson facebuster by Mr. Smoke. The tobacco note fails to help. I love unburned tobacco, like the kind in Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but this one is streaming out the mouth of a cigar smoker. Oh, Lord. I wouldn't even like this on a man. Sorry, Jeke fans. By the way, this fragrance is sold out on the Slumberhouse e-boutique. I guess lots of people like it. C'est la vie. It takes all kinds of people to make up this interesting society in which we live.

PEAR + OLIVE - I have been informed that the formula has changed on this one. Old formula, new formula, regardless; I think I object to the "olive" note. Is that what I'm smelling in here? It's oily. I like the pear note even though I'm not a fan of fruity fragrances. It's realistic, sweet, and candy-like. It's the olive that's bothering me. It's oily-rancid. It smells like a dishrag that has soured. It causes my stomach to roil. Okay, it's not overwhelming. I can handle it. There's so much of the pretty pear in here that I can block out the greasy odor. Surprisingly, I love olives and olive oil. I eat olive oil practically every day. I buy the best I can afford. That is why I can't call this an "olive" aroma. It's more like a fungus of some kind, sort of warm and dirty and growing. It's like when your clothes don't dry completely, but you have to wear them again. My apologies to those of you who find this delectable. You are entitled to your opinions. You are right for you. This is wrong for me.

Time to try again. Score: 1 for, 2 against. Norne is favorable vote.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 30th June 2014 at 01:06 AM.

Great! KBF1972 is in. He PMed me that he still wants to participate. I'll get these mailed on Monday after the Fourth of July holiday.

Please note: I am only using 1 spray of each, not the 3 or 5 sprays allowed. Therefore, I will be able to share my allotment with kumquat, who is a friend of mine and lives in my town. She also will use only 1 spray of each. Win-win: Less perfume used, and more people posting on this thread.

On to the samples again. This time, the other two fragrances that are still currently available in the Slumberhouse e-boutique:

ORE - Yum. Butterscotch rum. Caramel chocolate. Whiskey. Tasty treat of gourmand goodness. My favorite part is the initial blast of booze, which sets it apart from other, tamer gourmand scents. The golden color matches the aroma exactly. This is something I could imagine drizzled over vanilla ice cream. It's rich and fatty, gooey and thick. I wish the booze lasted longer. After it recedes, which is sadly too soon, the wood resins impart a non-edible bitterness, the herbal notes give it a sharp edge that inhibits my appetite, moving it from gourmand to oriental territory. It ends up with notes of hardwood mulch and a bit of sweet leather. As it develops, it starts to resemble a more typical amber and patchouli fragrance.

VIKT - Ah, here's a challenging scent -- attractive, but over-the-top. Black licorice is one of my favorite flavors. I can eat a whole bag of it, which grosses out many people whom I know. The scent of this fragrance is big, sweet, round, pungent, and in-your-face. It says, "Licorice? Red or black?... Oh, you like red? Then BWA-HA-HA! Run for your life!" This is like dying of asphyxiation while smiling, with a plastic bag of black licorice clamped over one's head. It's like overdose-huffing on Kukaburra twists, licorice babies, licorice wheels, Haribo ribbons, and those Finnish squares that look like roof shingles. The whole black and syrupy concoction is dropped onto a slightly creamy base, which makes it opaque.

I've enjoyed this one. Would I wear it? Probably not, but I appreciate it as an experience, so I give it a neutral.

Score: 1 for, 2 against, 2 neutral. Norne extends its lead by a furlong in this horse race.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 1st July 2014 at 02:59 PM.

Ah, I couldn't stop. I'm having so much fun. Thanks again to Scent Fan and badarun for all their generosity. That was great of you. I really appreciate it, and I'm so happy to have had this wonderful opportunity.

ZAHD - Right away, I thought of something familiar -- a fruity, herbal drink named Zoco, a Spanish liquor made from sloe berries. It's red, and it tastes like herbal cherry medicine -- in a good way. I would gladly drink it instead of Nyquil when I have a cold and want to go to sleep with a smile on my face. Zahd is like that for me. It's a bittersweet, fruit cordial. It also smells salty, like a dry, red wine. The champaca absolute gives it a haylike scent that is outdoorsy and natural. The combination of notes is odd overall. I think I could get the same effect by dipping a cloth in wine and wearing it, exuding that fragrance as it evaporates, and it would cost far less.

GREV - Minty. Wintergreen. Cool spices. Grass. Clover. Sweet salve, like something in a tin to rub on your sore muscles. Refreshing and clean but ultimately more of an environmental scent and not a personal one to wear all day. This is lighter and more airy than the other Slumberhouse scents. It reminds me of aftershave. A sharp, dominant, bitter note cuts through the drydown like a knife. It's too jarring for me to enjoy.

FLOU - Purple iris flowers. Plus gardenia, jasmine, and lily. This is a feminine perfume full of heavy, sweet, narcotic florals. It does not smell like natural absolutes in the least. Rather, it is a synthetic reconstruction of an arbor hanging with drooping flowers, the scent of which swells to bursting in the summer air. The powdery pollen is intense. A neat trick for florals, but too strong for me to wear.

Gotta stop now. Wearing too many at once. Eeek.

Score: 1 for, 4 neutral, 3 against. I guess I'm not a Slumberhouse aficionado, but the one that I do like (Norne) I absolutely love.
    Last edited by purplebird7; 30th June 2014 at 02:15 AM.

Where are all the people on this thread? Have they dispersed? We need subscriptions!

BAQUE - This smells like part of Ore -- the hardwood mulch and resin that glows warmly-- without the edible caramel, chocolate, and booze. I find it soft and wearable. Fruit notes are faint, existing only as part of a flavored tobacco leaf. I'm pretty neutral on this, and I'd put it behind Ore, which takes a clear direction and has the feel of a "finished" product. I was surprised to find that Baque didn't predate Ore because it smells more like a prototype. Then again, deconstruction is an art form. So, think Ore-minus-gourmand, and you are well set to enjoy Baque.

MARE - Nix. Ghastly. Melon. Apple. Over-ripe tropical fruits plus the same "spoiled" or moldy note that I disliked in Pear + Olive. Sweet and rotten aroma. Fermenting compost pile of fruit. Why does no one else mention fruit? It's a sweet-tart fruit like mango or berries. It's powerful and watery like Calone. It's a melange of tart fruits left in the sun too long. Other people are calling this green. My definition of green is galbanum, tomato leaf, violet leaf, shiso, green tea, grass, cilantro, and some of the mints. This does not say "leaves" to me. Where are people finding notes for this? Regardless; whatever it is, it's not to my liking.

SOVA - Heavy, syrupy. Molasses. Lots of hay absolute is in this -- and that is a complex aroma. Fermented tobacco. Animalic, fecal or leather notes. Brown and oozing. It's pleasant because I like the smell of hay in the sun, but it's difficult because hay absolute is denser and sweeter than hay in real life -- drying in the air. This is moist, raisin-like, concentrated scent. I give it points for boldness, creative kudos for working with hay absolute, one of the most distinctive aromas in the world.

EKI - Dry, woody. Sunflower seed shells. Razor-sharp, metallic edge. Clashing sweet, jammy notes. Off-putting combination lacking in harmony. Horrible. More nose-wrinkling and frowning.

ORE EDP - Didn't see this one, or I would have done a side-by-side with Ore extrait. I like the extrait better. The EDP is more blended with far less of the whiskey notes and weaker caramel. It resembles and amber, cocoa, patchouli scent and is far less unique than the extrait.

I am moving Ore extrait to the "like" section. I'm not giving a separate rating to the Ore EDP.

2 for (Norne, Ore)
    5 neutral (Vikt, Baque, Sova, Zahd, Flou)
    5 against (Pear + Olive, Grev, Jeke, Mare, Eki)
    Last edited by purplebird7; 30th June 2014 at 08:34 PM.

I'm going to keep going because I want to find another Slumberhouse fragrance to fall in love with. Here are my final three. Will I make another emotional match?

KERE - Nope. Immortelle overdose? Maple syrup. Pancakes and waffles. Then a nutty note. Almond? Hazelnut? Not gourmand, though. Light scent, strong diffusion. I can smell this in the air around me better than on my application site. The immortelle note is wavering and i get a brief whiff of the phantom, cherry-like note in almond extract and maybe some anise. Not my thing.

SANA - Another diffusive scent. Lightly floral, salty, soapy. As non-tactile as an electric current or ozone. This is a miss. It's ho-hum.

Oh, gosh. That leaves only one more chance to find romance.

RUME - Prunes. Fruitcake. Mincemeat pie. Rum. Candied citrus peel. This registers as gourmand. Red wine note, or fermented grapes. Honeyed labdanum. I like it, but I'm not falling hard for it.

2 for (Norne, Ore)
    6 neutral (Vikt, Baque, Sova, Zahd, Flou, Rume)
    7 against (Pear + Olive, Grev, Jeke, Kere, Sana, Mare, Eki)

Note: Those are the order in which I liked them.

That's my take on Slumberhouse: Unique fragrances, bold aromas not designed to please everybody. In fact, I feel that this house has succeeded in its intent because I do love Norne, and I like Ore. The rest of the fragrances appeal to other people, all of whom are justified in their preferences. This was an extremely fun series of reviews.

Thank you to Scent Fan and badarun. I'm much obliged. When we are all finished with the sample pass, may I request that the sprayers with remaining juice be returned to them? If everyone else uses as little as I have, there should be fragrance remaining. Deadidol, may we rely on you for guidance in this matter?
    Last edited by purplebird7; 30th June 2014 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebird7 View Post
    Deadidol, may we rely on you for guidance in this matter?
    I'll do my best. I'm a little intermittent on here these days, but feel free to PM me if I can help.

These are great overviews. The ability to articulate appeal / dislike is important, and Slumberhouse is a line that I've personally found very hard to describe because the materials are so unusual and the compositions tend to be highly unorthodox. Critical / negative reviews are indeed useful—especially when they're thoughtful. My own experience with a few of these was that they're quite putrid, but the strange thing is that I've come around to many of them. Mare is that way for me—it does indeed smell like something's rotten, but if you imagine an environment of wet undergrowth and shrubbery, it really nails that space well. It's certainly not "pretty" but it's super evocative!

I would like to make one IMPORTANT POINT.

PLEASE check to see if the lids are screwed on after you spray. Even the action of removing the cap loosens them slightly. Check and double check every time you use them. Don't lay them down in the bag until you have tightened them gently -- every time, especially when you are done and ready to mail them.

Thank you to Scent Fan and badarun. I'm much obliged. When we are all finished with the sample pass, may I request that the sprayers with remaining juice be returned to them? If everyone else uses as little as I have, there should be fragrance remaining.
    Hope the pass is going on well - just came in to say that I would not require any remaining decants to be sent back - my thought would be to continue this to the next 2-3 people that wanted to be on the pass, but missed out...if they are still interested.

Hope whoever sniffed the entire bunch enjoyed them.
    Last edited by badarun; 30th June 2014 at 10:22 PM.

I agree, badarun. When we finally reach the last person, if there is still more in any of the sprayers, can that last person extend the pass to someone else?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    I'll do my best. I'm a little intermittent on here these days, but feel free to PM me if I can help.

These are great overviews. The ability to articulate appeal / dislike is important, and Slumberhouse is a line that I've personally found very hard to describe because the materials are so unusual and the compositions tend to be highly unorthodox. Critical / negative reviews are indeed useful—especially when they're thoughtful. My own experience with a few of these was that they're quite putrid, but the strange thing is that I've come around to many of them. Mare is that way for me—it does indeed smell like something's rotten, but if you imagine an environment of wet undergrowth and shrubbery, it really nails that space well. It's certainly not "pretty" but it's super evocative!

I tried these with PurpleBird. I will post my reviews shortly. I feel I should preface them by saying that I am sure Josh is a perfectly nice, well-meaning person and perfumer. I have nothing against him as a person. I, personally, do not respond in a positive way to this line. They do not make my perfume experience any the richer for having tried them. In general I had a negative reaction to virtually all of the scents and declined to try them on. Thus saving a spray for the next person. Overall I found them heavy-handed and plastic tinged with chemical based notes that leapt out and assaulted my nasal passages. The general descriptions follow. I only wish I could have been more enthusiastic.
    Currently wearing: White Flowers by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Overall I found them heavy-handed and plastic tinged with chemical based notes that leapt out and assaulted my nasal passages.
    And the irony is that they're the exact opposite! These are some of the most rare and expensive perfume materials in use, many of which are incredibly high quality naturals costing thousands of dollars per kilo. Synthetics are designed in the lab to smell much more pretty—which is why they're used almost exclusively in mainstream and mass produced perfume (that, and they're generally cheap), but less processed natural materials can be somewhat rough. Check out CBIHP Rare Flowers line and you'll see what I mean. Those are simply natural extractions in water (profoundly expensive at $500 per bottle as well), but they certainly won't appeal to someone who likes more polished perfumes. I doused myself in his Narcissus the other day (at a store) and it was a tough ride!

Something like Mare which is composed of some of the most evocative vetiver and orris materials available (it's probably the go-to orris as far as naturals go), is reflecting nature in a way that a chemical perfume could never even touch. The same can be said for Norne which is composed entirely of absolutes. Different strokes, really.
    Last edited by deadidol; 1st July 2014 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Pear & Olive- Linden blossom with a plastic-tinged swamp note.

Baque- Amber and dust. Least offensive.

Jeke- Just like the first guy I ever kissed who was chewing tobacco- disgusting.

Zahd- 'Kool-Aid', Cherry Coke and Cherry cough syrup.

Vikt-
    A health drink or an amateurish homage to Estée Lauder's 'Private Collection'. This was tolerable but not wonderful. Did not upset my stomach.

Ore- 'PG- Aomassai'
    without the subtlety or complexity. Too much burnt sugar.

Norne- Straight up pine tree and turpentine. PurpleBird had a big smear of this goop on her wrist. It was still dark green and sticky an hour later. We had to use alcohol and soap to remove it. Where is the IFRA when you need them? Who would put this on their skin?

Sova- Old newspapers and mold (sorry but that's what my notes say).

Rume- Sweaty, fermented acrid chemicals. A dense, tarry effect.

Grev- This smelled of marine notes- exactly as if someone had poured 'Cool Water' into 'Royal Water'. Not good.

Mare- Mold from a Petri dish- a failed experiment on a used sponge.

Kere- Pumpkin sweetened with candy corn and syrup.

Flou- (The name cracks me up) this is dreadful; plastic flowers. Very synthetic.

Eki- Crayons, plastic doll heads and burning wax.

Sana- Cat pee and Mr. Clean (ammonia).

So that's the run down. I hope you don't kick me out of Base Notes now. I just have to tell it like I see it.

I agree, badarun. When we finally reach the last person, if there is still more in any of the sprayers, can that last person extend the pass to someone else?
    Yes - that I think will be a good option than returning...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deadidol View Post
    And the irony is that they're the exact opposite! These are some of the most rare and expensive perfume materials in use, many of which are incredibly high quality naturals costing thousands of dollars per kilo. Synthetics are designed in the lab to smell much more pretty—which is why they're used almost exclusively in mainstream and mass produced perfume (that, and they're generally cheap), but less processed natural materials can be somewhat rough. Check out CBIHP Rare Flowers line and you'll see what I mean. Those are simply natural extractions in water (profoundly expensive at $500 per bottle as well), but they certainly won't appeal to someone who likes more polished perfumes. I doused myself in his Narcissus the other day (at a store) and it was a tough ride!

Something like Mare which is composed of some of the most evocative vetiver and orris materials available (it's probably the go-to orris as far as naturals go), is reflecting nature in a way that a chemical perfume could never even touch. The same can be said for Norne which is composed entirely of absolutes. Different strokes, really.

I truthfully have have no knowledge of or interest in how the fumes are constructed. All I care about is the end product. It just doesn't make it for me. Maybe all the super-duper concentrated stuff is what causes it to have that "over the top" effect in the end. It's maybe too strong for me. All I know is I don't dig it.

Default Slumberhouse Sample Pass Thread Redux

Perhaps it's time for a quick update so people can actually see what's in this stuff. I wrote one of these up somewhere else, but I'm not sure where it went. Here's a brief note breakdown of some of the key players to give you a more solid sense of what's going on in these scents and to help minimize any misinformation about the use of materials. Many of these materials tend to throw people off guard because they're largely natural extractions in which the material isn't polished or primped, but is kept in its most natural form. A number of these materials come from sources such as White Lotus and John Steele, but others are much harder to find sadly. The only scent that really relies on synthetics is Grev—the rest are largely naturals with synthetics used as support.

Pear & Olive: Zdravets, Cognac, Massoia, Pear

Baque: Vanilla, Tobacco, Ambergris, Apricot, Resins

Jeke: Lapsang Souchong, Patchouli, Tobacco, Benzoin, Clove

Zahd: Cranberry Concrete, Champa, Mysore Sandalwood, Attars, Various florals.

Vikt: Mysore Sandalwood, Anise, Stryax, Laurel, Ravensara, Incense, Black Agar

Ore: Mysore, Cocoa, Oakwood, Mahogany, Whiskey Lactone, Balsams and Resins

Norne: Hemlock, Lichen, Fern, Oakmoss, Incense

Sova: Hay, Beeswax, Tonka, Broom, Black Locust, Sweet Clover, Hops, Poplar

Rume: Bay Leaf, Myrrh, Labdanum, Mulled Fruits, Spices

Grev: Clove, Birch Leaf, Orris, Balsams, Fir resins,

Mare: Orris, Vetiver, Watery Notes

Kere: Caramel, Apricot, Immortelle

Flou: Grapes, Honey, Gardenia

Eki: Jasmine, Magnolia

Sana: Rasberry Leaf, Magnolia, Marigold, Suede

Also, as the perfumer would point out, these are to be worn. Smelling them on paper strips isn't smelling them at all as the naturals are far too complex. I've tried this myself several times, and the experience of wearing them on skin versus smelling them on a piece of paper is completely different. Anyhow, just wanted to clarify a little bit about what's in these things for anyone who might be interested in checking out the line.
    Last edited by deadidol; 2nd July 2014 at 03:38 AM.

I truthfully have have no knowledge of or interest in how the fumes are constructed. All I care about is the end product. It just doesn't make it for me. Maybe all the super-duper concentrated stuff is what causes it to have that "over the top" effect in the end. It's maybe too strong for me. All I know is I don't dig it.
    Makes perfect sense to me! These are very challenging scents, and certainly not designed for mass appeal. I wear them in very small doses myself!
    Last edited by deadidol; 1st July 2014 at 11:34 PM.

Sana- Cat pee and Mr. Clean (ammonia).
    Anything but what's stated inho - having used Ammonia a lot in my lab days, I'm quite used to the stench & Sana isn't anywhere close to ammonia or to it's stench.

With no disrespect, I've heard you put down this house quite a few times in the past, so having such a mindset, why try anything at all from this house. Wonder what your motive is?

Now I'm in no way associated with this house or any other & my general liking of this house (equally along with Amouage / Guerlain & few others) are probably well known on the male discussion threads - but this is still a business house selling something & I base my reaction solely on the product being sold.

Sana & cat pee? You can be better than that Kumquat...I respect your views & don't expect such a low comment from you, be it for Slumberhouse or any other house.

Blog Entries

What sort of motive could I have for liking one house or fragrance and not another? Could it be that I am an individual with individual taste? You just don't happen to agree with me.

If I pick up ammonia, then I give a description. Sorry.
    Last edited by kumquat; 2nd July 2014 at 01:06 AM.