Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Blog Entries

Default Re: YSL L'Homme Libre?!?

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Was there a reformulation? I got my bottle about a year and a half ago and it does not smell like dish soap or anything in that ballpark at all. If they reformulated it I'm going to be a little disappointed since I was planning on picking up another when I run out..
    I doubt that it's been reformulated. This one abandons the coumarin of La Nuit de L'Homme, and makes use of a bunch of modern naturals from LMR, not to mention being formulated fairly recently. My guess is that the dish soap reference is simply the way many people respond to this fragrance. Where many of us sense it being rather natural and herbal, others perceive it as synthetic and chemical. Same juice, different noses.

This is one frag that the wearer just needs to fly solo on. Although I think it's worth asking one's significant other what they think of it, because I tend to hear people say that their spouse / partner / etc. either loves it or hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I doubt that it's been reformulated. This one abandons the coumarin of La Nuit de L'Homme, and makes use of a bunch of modern naturals from LMR, not to mention being formulated fairly recently. My guess is that the dish soap reference is simply the way many people respond to this fragrance. Where many of us sense it being rather natural and herbal, others perceive it as synthetic and chemical. Same juice, different noses.

This is one frag that the wearer just needs to fly solo on. Although I think it's worth asking one's significant other what they think of it, because I tend to hear people say that their spouse / partner / etc. either loves it or hates it.
    Thanks for the input Redneck, I feel bad calling you that but I suppose it's appropriate I think you're right about that. I can see how people may think it smells synthetic. Fortunately I don't smell it that way nor does the lady, so we're all good here! Glad to hear it's not reformulated, I think I would be much more dissapointed than the general public with the way I view this fragrance

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nKelly95 View Post
    Thanks for the input Redneck, I feel bad calling you that but I suppose it's appropriate I think you're right about that. I can see how people may think it smells synthetic. Fortunately I don't smell it that way nor does the lady, so we're all good here! Glad to hear it's not reformulated, I think I would be much more dissapointed than the general public with the way I view this fragrance
    No problem! And don't worry about calling me Redneck - lots of people do. Redneck, Red, RP - they all work!

(My perfect shopping day includes stops at Cabela's and Saks, so it's no lie! )

It's very odd how a component that smells natural to one person smells synthetic to another, or vice versa. That's actually happened to me. I smelled a fragrance in development that had what seemed like a synthetic note I didn't like - it turned out it was a facet of a natural!

I personally think this is the worst flanker in the line. On my skin its just sugar water.
    All the other L'Homme fragrances are nice.