Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one do you prefer?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chanel Allure Homme Sport

19 37.25%
  • Chanel Egoiste

32 62.75%

Default Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/28/14): Allure Homme Sport vs Egoiste

Battle of Chanel II. Can AHS avenge the loss of Allure Homme against Platinum Egoiste by beating its big brother?
    Which one do you prefer?

Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    vs
    Chanel Egoiste
    Gym scent of week: A*Men Pure Havane

My gym hates me

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/28/14): Allure Homme Sport vs Egoiste

…goÔste, no contest.
    - Mark

…GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE! …GOŌSTE!

"OOOOOOH WHAT A GOAL! IT'S DANNY ROSE, ON HIS PREMIER LEAGUE DEBUT, WITH A MEMORABLE STRIKE!"

Are you an oenophile? Join our wine group! http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=108

Default Re: Fragrance Battle of the Day (3/28/14): Allure Homme Sport vs Egoiste

Shouldn't be close! Egoiste

…goÔste by several light years

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorstrÝm View Post
    …goÔste, no contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by scooptn View Post
    Shouldn't be close! Egoiste
    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    …goÔste by several light years
    I agree. Love …goÔste!

Basenotes Plus

Egoiste, by a million miles.

Egoiste is a masterpiece and Allure Homme Sport is a very good fragrance in the 'fresh' genre.
    My vote goes to Egoiste for sure!
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme
    - Guerlain: Homme L'Eau Boisee
    - Pal Zileri: Cuoio
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Love both. Own both.

Wife loves Allure Homme Sport more. AHS will probably get more compliments. But I voted for Egoiste.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Another massacre, Egoiste all the way.

Egoiste wins - no doubts about that. It's in my top 5 for sure, a masterpiece, even though I do find the current version thinner than the old one. But still a great fragrance.
    AHS - I used to own it but that sharp persistent synthetic lemon was too much for me in the end. No compliments but I was told once (and that was the only time) that I wear too much cologne when I sprayed AHS only twice (choked the co-worker in the elevator)

AHS, with its terrible opening and the boredom that follows, loses again. It really would be better off competing in a lower league with scents like Chrome or Nightflight to stand a chance.

Egoiste
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Ahs

Chanel Egoiste
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

If they had anything in common this might serve a purpose.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Basenotes Plus

Godzilla verses a baked potatoe.

Actually, it's much closer than I expected. Looks like, everybody who likes AHS voted and Egoiste fans are not so quick to cast their votes:-)

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    If they had anything in common this might serve a purpose.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Godzilla verses a baked potatoe.
    And this!

...but I'm hungry, so I might have to pick the potato even though Godzilla is better. OHS NOES, my vote would skew your poll!

EDIT: Tomorrow's battle! Musc Rav vs. Exceptional for men
    Last edited by L'Homme Blanc Individuel; 28th March 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)

Personally, I find a bit hard to understand the way Egoiste is so praised, although I respect. So, AHS, a great fragrance, is an easy pick for me.

Allure Homme Sport all the way!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Slayerized View Post
    Egoiste is a masterpiece and Allure Homme Sport is a very good fragrance in the 'fresh' genre.
    My vote goes to Egoiste for sure!
    Seconded. AHS is easier to wear and pretty good itself, but Egoiste is on a whole other plane.

AHS. Not even a close on for me either.

Ce✔️
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Ahs

Pretty sure to the public noses, AHS will win lopsidedly

My gym hates me

Quote Originally Posted by anewtypedude View Post
    The average person would prefer Coors to Guinness. I get to decide what I like, and thank god for that.

I highly doubt that. Egoiste has been around since 1990 so it's pretty damn well liked. The better comparison would have been with Platinum Egoiste, but you seem to just randomly select these fragrances without any consideration as to their strengths and weaknesses.

Allure Homme Sport

Definitely Egoiste for me!
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    I highly doubt that. Egoiste has been around since 1990 so it's pretty damn well liked. The better comparison would have been with Platinum Egoiste, but you seem to just randomly select these fragrances without any consideration as to their strengths and weaknesses.
    Kouros vs Midnight in Paris
    Black Oud vs D&G Pour Homme
    M7 versus Versace eau Fraiche
    AdG vs Bois du Portugal

I think these are just spam. They serve no purpose. They're just random names posted for the sake of having something to post. It's the equivalent of somebody on an auto forum posting poll after poll after poll with things like "Which is better, an F150 or a Ford Fiesta?" Kouros vs Midnight in Paris?!? That's a joke, right? Black Oud vs D&G Pour Homme. Wow. That's really bad. These worthless polls clog up the search function here with useless results.

Allure sport

I must admit that I have only had a sample of Egoiste before and need to give it another try, but for what it is worth, I find Allure Homme Sport an absolute masterpiece. Its a legend at what it does, and my favorite "sport" fragrance EVER. Also one of my most complimented fragrances BY FAR. Potentially #2 behind Le Male for compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Kouros vs Midnight in Paris
    Black Oud vs D&G Pour Homme
    M7 versus Versace eau Fraiche
    AdG vs Bois du Portugal

I think these are just spam. They serve no purpose. They're just random names posted for the sake of having something to post. It's the equivalent of somebody on an auto forum posting poll after poll after poll with things like "Which is better, an F150 or a Ford Fiesta?" Kouros vs Midnight in Paris?!? That's a joke, right? Black Oud vs D&G Pour Homme. Wow. That's really bad. These worthless polls clog up the search function here with useless results.
    Actually, there's a pattern in all of these. Maybe a bright one can spot it.

My gym hates me

Egoiste. Even my mom wears it because she thinks it's awesome!

For me it will always be a pattern of absurdity.

It's spam.

Your methodology has a hole in it that's at least 100 miles wide, and it derails any information you may think you're getting from these polls. Yes yes, on a perfume forum, people are more likely to choose the scents that average Joes wouldn't. Holy cow, somebody stop the presses because that's front page news, right?

I'll take a guess at the next poll: Black Afgano vs D&G Light Blue.

AHS

Regards,

TC
    The Colognnoisseur
    Omaha, NE
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    It's spam.

Your methodology has a hole in it that's at least 100 miles wide, and it derails any information you may think you're getting from these polls. Yes yes, on a perfume forum, people are more likely to choose the scents that average Joes wouldn't. Holy cow, somebody stop the presses because that's front page news, right?

I'll take a guess at the next poll: Black Afgano vs D&G Light Blue.
    Aventus thread is that way.

My gym hates me