Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

I just saw this posted on a facebook group. We were wondering when the flood of inexpensive Aventus clones would start (Bond No 9 HTTP and SOPFH don't count), and I believe it's finally upon us with Insurrection Pure and now this. I know some of you are fans of this house (hednic if I recall correctly), so I was wondering if anyone had tried it yet? What's next - Cuba Prestige Platinum?

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/L...ver-24662.html

Note Breakdown:

Ab Silver: 'Top notes are citruses, bergamot, black currant, pineapple and apple; middle notes are elemi, coriander, bulgarian rose and moroccan jasmine; base notes are moss, amber, woody notes, leather, bourbon vanilla and white musk.'

Aventus: 'Top notes: blackcurrant, bergamot, apple and pineapple. Heart: rose, dry birch, Moroccan jasmine and patchouli. Base: oak moss, musk, ambergris, and vanilla.'

Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

Notes are interestingly similar granted, but they don't smell at all alike, at least to me. AB Spirit Silver along with the Original, Millionaire & Platinum are nice for what they are - very pleasant inexpensive French made mass-market scents (think I paid $10 net) that might to some bear a resemblance to.more expensive better composed fragrances.
    Last edited by hednic; 28th March 2014 at 05:57 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting, thanks. So they are not even close? What would you say is closer - this one or Insurrection Pure?

Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Interesting, thanks. So they are not even close? What would you say is closer - this one or Insurrection Pure?
    I was never one of those to jump on the "smells like Aventus bandwagon" with Pure. To me they're both fruity in their opening (the cheapies) and have a somewhat smoky dry down (if you can call it that) but all three smell substantially different, at least to me. Sorry, really can't pick one or the other.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Have to pass on that one.

I'll have to wait a bit for some reviews.. Not gonna waste 20 plus for cheap swill.
    My Current Top 10:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)
    Burberry London (2006)
    Prada Amber pour Homme (2006)
    Live Jazz (1998)
    Eau des Baux (2006)
    Midnight in Paris EDP (2010)
    Arpege pour Homme (2005)
    Eau Duelle (2010)

Basenotes Plus

Amouage Interlude Man

image.jpg
    Current Faves:
    Clive Christian X
    Xerjoff Richwood
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Royal Oud
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
    Tom Ford Oud Wood
    Tom Ford Patchouli Absolu
    Tom Ford Plum Japonais
    Aqua di Parma Colonia Leather

If they could tone down the vanilla in Insurrection Pure and add some smokiness and leather to the base this would be very close to Aventus. It's just a matter of time before someone hits the nail on the head.

How about one of those scent matching outfits? They should be able to replicate Aventus, right?

I just pulled the trigger on this, it was only $20 so it won't make or break me. I'll be sure to comment on it when I receive it. Note breakdown is fascinatingly similar to Aventus, I do own and absolutely love Aventus but I don't use it much because of its price tag.

@hednic what are your thoughts on this fragrance and can you comment on longevity???

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    @hednic what are your thoughts on this fragrance and can you comment on longevity???
    As a mass-market fragrance goes, I think it's fine. Is it meant to take the place or substitute for something else - No. I respect it for what it is. It has a nice smell and longevity is surprisingly good on my skin for only having paid a "Hamilton".

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Notes are interestingly similar granted, but they don't smell at all alike, at least to me. AB Spirit Silver along with the Original, Millionaire & Platinum are nice for what they are - very pleasant inexpensive French made mass-market scents (think I paid $10 net) that might to some bear a resemblance to.more expensive better composed fragrances.
    I was never one of those to jump on the "smells like Aventus bandwagon" with Pure. To me they're both fruity in their opening (the cheapies) and have a somewhat smoky dry down (if you can call it that) but all three smell substantially different, at least to me. Sorry, really can't pick one or the other.
    Aren't you the guy that saw no similarity between Fresco and Aventus? I think I'll take your opinion with a grain of salt.

I just pulled the trigger on this, it was only $20 so it won't make or break me. I'll be sure to comment on it when I receive it. Note breakdown is fascinatingly similar to Aventus, I do own and absolutely love Aventus but I don't use it much because of its price tag.

Will look for your take on this.

Sent from Richard's Ipad

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post

Would love to hear your opinion on this also when you get it frostyicy.
    Last edited by hednic; 31st March 2014 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post

Sent from Richard's Ipad
    I will definitely post an initial review and give my opinion on its comparison to Aventus.

Would love to hear your opinion on this also when you get it frostyicy.
    Thanks for your response. I read that quiet a few of the Lomani fragrances seem to have good to amazing longevity which is a plus. I will post it as soon as I receive it.

Well, for $23 and free shipping, I couldn't pass this up. Actually like Lomani fragrances and if it's even close to Aventus, I'll be happy. Spirit Millionaire smells better than 1 Million. Not expecting Silver to be better than Aventus but I think Lomani is good at making clone like fragrances. I'll throw my two cents in on it after I receive it and wear it for a day if anybody is interested.
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    I'll throw my two cents in on it after I receive it and wear it for a day if anybody is interested.
    Please do.

Well, for $23 and free shipping, I couldn't pass this up. Actually like Lomani fragrances and if it's even close to Aventus, I'll be happy. Spirit Millionaire smells better than 1 Million. Not expecting Silver to be better than Aventus but I think Lomani is good at making clone like fragrances. I'll throw my two cents in on it after I receive it and wear it for a day if anybody is interested.
    I think you should. Just update this thread. No need for more Aventus threads. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    I think you should. Just update this thread. No need for more Aventus threads. Lol
    Hah! I agree, no more Aventus threads.

They do sound similar, although I'm guessing this AB Spirit Silver will be more fruity and sweet, lacking the smoky undertone, due to no birch. Could be wrong though

Ok, so I got my bottle of AB Spirit Silver in today. Comparing it to my Aventus sample, I have to say that it is a good copy. It's got the smoke, it's got the pineapple but it also has a more synthetic vibe. I wasn't expecting Silver to capture that smokey pineapple vibe but they got it. For $23 dollars, I am more than pleased with my purchase. Not saying the quality is as good as Aventus but I don't mind using the bottle of Silver without doing the math on how much each spray is worth. I can honestly say AB Spirit does in fact smell like Aventus but as a copy, I won't say it's an exact copy. Great bottle for the price.

For $23 dollars, I am more than pleased with my purchase.
    Glad to hear it. Enjoy it!

Glad to hear it. Enjoy it!
    Thanks Hednic!

Ok, so I got my bottle of AB Spirit Silver in today. Comparing it to my Aventus sample, I have to say that it is a good copy. It's got the smoke, it's got the pineapple but it also has a more synthetic vibe. I wasn't expecting Silver to capture that smokey pineapple vibe but they got it. For $23 dollars, I am more than pleased with my purchase. Not saying the quality is as good as Aventus but I don't mind using the bottle of Silver without doing the math on how much each spray is worth. I can honestly say AB Spirit does in fact smell like Aventus but as a copy, I won't say it's an exact copy. Great bottle for the price.
    Right on! Thanks so much UKisGR8 for taking the plunge and giving us such good insight, it's greatly appreciated!

Well I couldn't resist, I pulled the trigger on this....figured since I missed out on the Insurrection Pure hype train before it sold out everywhere, I'd give this a go.

Whats up fellas?!?!? I just received my package 20 mins ago and did a side by side comparison.

First off Ab Spirit Silver by Lomani has very good packaging, I love how the fragrance is in a tin box wrapped in plastic, ensuring that in transit there will be no chance of the fragrance getting abused!

Ok now the big question, does this smell like Creed Aventus?????? Yes it does! Is this an exact clone/carbon copy of Aventus??? As UKisGR8 stated, no it is not.

UKisGR8 pretty much hit the nail on the head with his take on Silver. It does the smokey pineapple very very well. I sprayed Silver on 2 sheets of paper and sprayed Aventus on another labeling them 1,2 and 3. I then put each piece of paper in separate hats and closed my eyes dug in and smelled.

I was easily able to pinpoint Aventus. The "royal pineapple" in Aventus is a bit sweeter and more distinct than the pineapple note in Silver. However, Silver is not shabby, the actually smokiness that exist in Silver and Aventus is about 95 percent identical, I feel that if Silver could have sweetened the pineapple in their fragrance just a tad that overall it would be about 99% Aventus like. Another thing I detected rather easily was the apple note in Silver, anyone that has ever smelled a yellow apple will easily detect it, it adds a bit of sourness to Silver (but not in a bad way).

I can actually say that Silver however, is a great substitute for Aventus for those on a budget, I mean $26.60 including shipping and handling wasn't bad at all. I can not attest to longevity and projection, however I sprayed it on my hand and it is still going strong. It's going to be 80 here tomorrow so this will be my SOTD and I will report back with longevity and projection.

I like UKisGR8 am very pleased with this purchase! I would say that overall this is about 85-90% Aventus like, and the average nose wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. Sorry if this got too long, just wanted to give my opinion on this fragrance.

PS my Aventus batch is C42B12C01 if anyone wanted to know, it is well balanced with the sweetness of the pineapple and the smokiness.
    Last edited by frostyicy; 3rd April 2014 at 11:36 PM.

Just a quick update a lil more that 2 and a half hours of applying one spray I got a compliment from a cashier. I ordered take out and she said

C: OMG you smell good!
    Me: (Wanting to hear her say it again) Excuse me?
    C: You, are you wearing some sort of fragrance?
    Me: Yes, I am.
    C: You smell so good!
    Me: Thank you!

So at least for the first 3 hours projection is a good 3ft and possibly more. Mind you this was with only one spray to the hand. I can tell this has lasting power because it actually smells just as strong as when I first sprayed it.

Whats up fellas?!?!? I just received my package 20 mins ago and did a side by side comparison.

First off Ab Spirit Silver by Lomani has very good packaging, I love how the fragrance is in a tin box wrapped in plastic, ensuring that in transit there will be no chance of the fragrance getting abused!

Ok now the big question, does this smell like Creed Aventus?????? Yes it does! Is this an exact clone/carbon copy of Aventus??? As UKisGR8 stated, no it is not.

UKisGR8 pretty much hit the nail on the head with his take on Silver. It does the smokey pineapple very very well. I sprayed Silver on 2 sheets of paper and sprayed Aventus on another labeling them 1,2 and 3. I then put each piece of paper in separate hats and closed my eyes dug in and smelled.

I was easily able to pinpoint Aventus. The "royal pineapple" in Aventus is a bit sweeter and more distinct than the pineapple note in Silver. However, Silver is not shabby, the actually smokiness that exist in Silver and Aventus is about 95 percent identical, I feel that if Silver could have sweetened the pineapple in their fragrance just a tad that overall it would be about 99% Aventus like. Another thing I detected rather easily was the apple note in Silver, anyone that has ever smelled a yellow apple will easily detect it, it adds a bit of sourness to Silver (but not in a bad way).

I can actually say that Silver however, is a great substitute for Aventus for those on a budget, I mean $26.60 including shipping and handling wasn't bad at all. I can not attest to longevity and projection, however I sprayed it on my hand and it is still going strong. It's going to be 80 here tomorrow so this will be my SOTD and I will report back with longevity and projection.

I like UKisGR8 am very pleased with this purchase! I would say that overall this is about 85-90% Aventus like, and the average nose wouldn't be able to tell the two apart. Sorry if this got too long, just wanted to give my opinion on this fragrance.

PS my Aventus batch is C42B12C01 if anyone wanted to know, it is well balanced with the sweetness of the pineapple and the smokiness.

Awesome review and breakdown frostyicy!!! And yes please let us know how the full wearing goes tomorrow, curious about longevity!

I definitely will bigzb, as my above post stated I get the sense that it has lasting power!

Appreciate the reviews UKisGR8 and frostyicy. I was honestly hoping for less than stellar reviews, because now I have no choice but to spend the $25 or whatever haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Right on! Thanks so much UKisGR8 for taking the plunge and giving us such good insight, it's greatly appreciated!
    No problem, glad to be of help.

So now will the price gouging on Ressurection Pure end? LOL.

I definitely will bigzb, as my above post stated I get the sense that it has lasting power!
    Thanks for the review. Spirit Silver is excellent for the price.

Appreciate the reviews UKisGR8 and frostyicy. I was honestly hoping for less than stellar reviews, because now I have no choice but to spend the $25 or whatever haha.
    You won't regret it. The juice is good.

What stores could I find this in (US) ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    What stores could I find this in (US) ?

FrangranceX is one that carries it:

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_...FQqCfgodkDsAjQ

FrangranceX is one that carries it:

http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_...FQqCfgodkDsAjQ
    Thanks so it's only available online?

I would check those small mall fragrance stores/kiosks if you want to smell it. They usually carry the Lomani brand. Otherwise, I'd just go with the link hednic posted above. The price at the mall stores/kiosks surely won't be as cheap as fragrancex, however.

I would check those small mall fragrance stores/kiosks if you want to smell it. They usually carry the Lomani brand. Otherwise, I'd just go with the link hednic posted above. The price at the mall stores/kiosks surely won't be as cheap as fragrancex, however.
    Will check it out for sure. Hopefully this will soothe my aventus addiction lol my decant is slowly diminishing.

Probably the best bet unless you live in the NYC area where you can find it dirt cheap in the wholesale fragrance district.

Probably the best bet unless you live in the NYC area where you can find it dirt cheap in the wholesale fragrance district.
    Thanks for the advice hednic and Jones!!! I live relatively close to San Francisco. Everytime I go into the city I do a cologne buying spree/hunt haha.

Glad to be of some assistance. If you like the Aventus vibe then you will enjoy the juice, it is well worth the $25 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    So now will the price gouging on Ressurection Pure end? LOL.
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Coincidentally I was looking to purchase Resurrection Pure, but reading and hearing people state they paid 16 bucks for it I was unwilling to pay $40.

Thanks for the review. Spirit Silver is excellent for the price.
    No problem, thank you for yours. Reading your review got me even more intrigued. Great juice for the price for sure.

I have the original Lomani AB Spirit and I think it's awesome juice. Coach Rob even did a review on it.
    I'm definitely gonna check this Silver out.

Banned

Obviously, this was made as a cheaper alternative to Aventus. I have to say from initial impressions that it comes pretty close. It seems to have captured its nuances and fruity opening. I'll give this a full wearing in the near future, and report back. I'm convinced it's better than Fresco, which was just a mess and a mere shadow of Aventus, but I don't know if it's going to measure up to Insurrection Pure, which is the closest Ive smelled to Aventus next to Aventus itself. The other contender, Unpredictable Adventure, is still being tested, but it seems to be on a par with AB Silver, but not of the caliber or quality of Insurrection Pure. It seems to fall squarely somewhere in the middle.

One problem that I've already noticed is that the bottle when sprayed is leaky. There seems to be a leakage issue around the sprayer. I don't know if this is because it had to get going or what, but it's definitely a nuisance.
    Last edited by spcmiller; 4th April 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    One problem that I've already noticed is that the bottle when sprayed is leaky. There seems to be a leakage issue around the sprayer. I don't know if this is because it had to get going or what, but it's definitely a nuisance.
    Yes I noticed the same thing. I thought it might have been how I held it because when I sprayed it a second time it didn't leak. So Idk, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Obviously, this was made as a cheaper alternative to Aventus. I have to say from initial impressions that it comes pretty close. It seems to have captured its nuances and fruity opening. I'll give this a full wearing in the near future, and report back. I'm convinced it's better than Fresco, which was just a mess and a mere shadow of Aventus, but I don't know if it's going to measure up to Insurrection Pure, which is the closest Ive smelled to Aventus next to Aventus itself. The other contender, Unpredictable Adventure, is still being tested, but it seems to be on a par with AB Silver, but not of the caliber or quality of Insurrection Pure. It seems to fall squarely somewhere in the middle.

Can you tell us a little more about Unpredictable Adventure? Saw it in the same $25 price range and am just a little curious about any differences from Silver.

So I gave this a full wearing today, it lasts most of the day. I sprayed it on around 8:30am, saw my girlfriend around 7:00pm and she thought it was her favorite Aventus!!! Lol when she hugged me I was asking "Can you sme..." she said "OMG baby you smell good, is that Aventus?" She really liked it on me. Funny thing is like Aventus I could not smell it on myself though I got a few wafts of it throughout the day I'm thinking from my shirt (I know a bit of a contradiction). So I feel that this fragrance has longevity but becomes a skin scent after about 4 hours. Unlike Aventus which projects all day on me. I also notice that as it dries down it gets a little bit sweeter. Very great bang for the buck.

Banned

Can you tell us a little more about Unpredictable Adventure? Saw it in the same $25 price range and am just a little curious about any differences from Silver.
    Ugh...it seems to lack the depth of Insurrection and any longevity. I've worn it probably once or twice and it fades very quickly and after ~2 hours, it doesn't project for nothing. IF you can find it for like $15-20, I'd get it, but if you're looking for a solid replacement for Aventus, Insurrection Pure is the only way to fly.

Ok, my bottle showed up today and honestly I gotta give props to UKisGR8 and frostyicy....they are spot on! Literally I have NOTHING to add, so I'll quickly rehash! Great presentation, if that matters to you. Upon 1st spray I was taken aback and immediately said "dang, this REALLY does smell like Aventus!" So I went in my room and picked up Aventus and sprayed it on my other hand...and then I did start to notice the difference, albeit fairly subtle. Aventus is slightly sweeter and the pineapple is much more pronounced. Smelling them side by side I detected a note in AB Silver that I slightly didn't care for, but couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was.(the apple perhaps?)

If you like the smoke and woodiness of Aventus, you are gonna really dig this I think, because it's all right there in Silver. Unfortunately that's one of the things I could do without as I like sweeter scents.(honestly not a big Aventus fan to start, so I think the sweeter more vanilla Insurrection Pure may be more to my liking?) Its been about 4/4.5 hrs and Silver is very faint on my hand with 2 sprays, but as you all know Aventus is still kicking butt in terms of scent strength. Honestly for under $25 this stuff is great IMO. I just don't see how you could go wrong if you enjoy Aventus and want something VERY similar(85%)for about 1/10th the price and half the longevity. Great stuff, very happy with my purchase...I may have missed the boat on Insurrection Pure, but I'm sure glad I didn't on this one!!!

Lomani's Ignition is also one that is worth considering, though without any "smoky" qualities (and some have claimed that it has been reformulated into a weakling).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Lomani's Ignition is also one that is worth considering, though without any "smoky" qualities (and some have claimed that it has been reformulated into a weakling).
    Yes! Actually Ignition was the 1st Lomani I bought...and was very impressed, great long lasting gourmand!

This is dang close to Aventus. I mean dang close! This has captured the mid and base of Aventus very well. I believe this is less sweet than Pure as I believe Pure to have a bit more of a vanilla thing going on. That smokey/birchy/musky/leathery/rose thingy with the slight hint of sweetness is capture quite well by Silver. Where Pure has this slight metallic vibe or something Silver does not.

I will say this with all honesty. Both Pure and Silver are very good. If Chanel or Dior would release these and there was no Aventus I think these would be top shelf designers. I even think a niche company could sell these and do well as there is nothing in department stores that smell like this. I give this a great endorsement and think it is ready to be thrown into the discussion. I hope Creed is looking to blow our minds again soon as I feel Aventus is getting some great competition. To be honest I will be supplementing my Aventus a lot with these. I don't think the average person will the tell the difference. These are well done and the performance seems to be excellent also. I may need to get another bottle soon.

Quote Originally Posted by takeitupthenose View Post
    This is dang close to Aventus. I mean dang close! This has captured the mid and base of Aventus very well. I believe this is less sweet than Pure as I believe Pure to have a bit more of a vanilla thing going on. That smokey/birchy/musky/leathery/rose thingy with the slight hint of sweetness is capture quite well by Silver. Where Pure has this slight metallic vibe or something Silver does not.

I will say this with all honesty. Both Pure and Silver are very good. If Chanel or Dior would release these and there was no Aventus I think these would be top shelf designers. I even think a niche company could sell these and do well as there is nothing in department stores that smell like this. I give this a great endorsement and think it is ready to be thrown into the discussion. I hope Creed is looking to blow our minds again soon as I feel Aventus is getting some great competition. To be honest I will be supplementing my Aventus a lot with these. I don't think the average person will the tell the difference. These are well done and the performance seems to be excellent also. I may need to get another bottle soon.
    wow you are making me looks forward with my purchase!
    just hope i wont be disappoint

Last edited by mjones602; 15th April 2014 at 12:58 PM.

Finally got my bottle today. I also own full bottles of Aventus and Insurrection Pure II. First impression, this comes closer to Aventus than Pure. Can't speak for longevity yet, but the scent is pretty damn good. Presentation is great as well. Nice work, Lomani.

LOL!!! This was a non-bias video. I tested pure and this side by side and man both are dang close to Aventus...this one maybe a bit more. Again....if I can find something that is similar to something else at a fraction of the cost I am being fiscally responsible. Nothing has copied Aventus 100% but boy this comes dang close and even if not at 23 bucks shipped this can go right next to Bleu De Chanel, Dior and other high end designers at 1/3 of the price. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

Anything with "aventus clone" in it's name is guarenteed 1000+ views and 50+ comments.
    Last edited by SereneGreen; 16th April 2014 at 05:56 AM.

Man, that didn't take long...in this digital age nothing stays under the radar for any length of time now.

Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    Anything with "aventus clone" in it's name is guarenteed 1000+ views and 50+ comments.
    Funny thing is I didn't think of that. But you have made a great point. I actually posted it so people can buy a good fragrance not boost traffic

Indeed I actually was buying this before the basenotes traffic