Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 442
  1. #31
    Basenotes Junkie UKisGR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    Right on! Thanks so much UKisGR8 for taking the plunge and giving us such good insight, it's greatly appreciated!
    No problem, glad to be of help.

  2. #32

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    So now will the price gouging on Ressurection Pure end? LOL.

  3. #33
    Basenotes Junkie UKisGR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    I definitely will bigzb, as my above post stated I get the sense that it has lasting power!
    Thanks for the review. Spirit Silver is excellent for the price.

  4. #34
    Basenotes Junkie UKisGR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Appreciate the reviews UKisGR8 and frostyicy. I was honestly hoping for less than stellar reviews, because now I have no choice but to spend the $25 or whatever haha.
    You won't regret it. The juice is good.

  5. #35

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    What stores could I find this in (US) ?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  6. #36
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    230,263

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    What stores could I find this in (US) ?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    FrangranceX is one that carries it:


    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_...FQqCfgodkDsAjQ
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  7. #37

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    FrangranceX is one that carries it:


    http://www.fragrancex.com/products/_...FQqCfgodkDsAjQ
    Thanks so it's only available online?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  8. #38

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    Thanks so it's only available online?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I would check those small mall fragrance stores/kiosks if you want to smell it. They usually carry the Lomani brand. Otherwise, I'd just go with the link hednic posted above. The price at the mall stores/kiosks surely won't be as cheap as fragrancex, however.

  9. #39

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    I would check those small mall fragrance stores/kiosks if you want to smell it. They usually carry the Lomani brand. Otherwise, I'd just go with the link hednic posted above. The price at the mall stores/kiosks surely won't be as cheap as fragrancex, however.
    Will check it out for sure. Hopefully this will soothe my aventus addiction lol my decant is slowly diminishing.

  10. #40
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil
    Posts
    230,263

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jajuicy View Post
    Thanks so it's only available online?

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Probably the best bet unless you live in the NYC area where you can find it dirt cheap in the wholesale fragrance district.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

  11. #41

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Probably the best bet unless you live in the NYC area where you can find it dirt cheap in the wholesale fragrance district.
    Thanks for the advice hednic and Jones!!! I live relatively close to San Francisco. Everytime I go into the city I do a cologne buying spree/hunt haha.

  12. #42

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post
    Appreciate the reviews UKisGR8 and frostyicy. I was honestly hoping for less than stellar reviews, because now I have no choice but to spend the $25 or whatever haha.
    Glad to be of some assistance. If you like the Aventus vibe then you will enjoy the juice, it is well worth the $25 dollars.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    So now will the price gouging on Ressurection Pure end? LOL.
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Coincidentally I was looking to purchase Resurrection Pure, but reading and hearing people state they paid 16 bucks for it I was unwilling to pay $40.

    Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Thanks for the review. Spirit Silver is excellent for the price.
    No problem, thank you for yours. Reading your review got me even more intrigued. Great juice for the price for sure.

  13. #43

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    I have the original Lomani AB Spirit and I think it's awesome juice. Coach Rob even did a review on it.
    I'm definitely gonna check this Silver out.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

  14. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Obviously, this was made as a cheaper alternative to Aventus. I have to say from initial impressions that it comes pretty close. It seems to have captured its nuances and fruity opening. I'll give this a full wearing in the near future, and report back. I'm convinced it's better than Fresco, which was just a mess and a mere shadow of Aventus, but I don't know if it's going to measure up to Insurrection Pure, which is the closest Ive smelled to Aventus next to Aventus itself. The other contender, Unpredictable Adventure, is still being tested, but it seems to be on a par with AB Silver, but not of the caliber or quality of Insurrection Pure. It seems to fall squarely somewhere in the middle.

    One problem that I've already noticed is that the bottle when sprayed is leaky. There seems to be a leakage issue around the sprayer. I don't know if this is because it had to get going or what, but it's definitely a nuisance.
    Last edited by spcmiller; 4th April 2014 at 05:11 AM.

  15. #45

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    One problem that I've already noticed is that the bottle when sprayed is leaky. There seems to be a leakage issue around the sprayer. I don't know if this is because it had to get going or what, but it's definitely a nuisance.
    Yes I noticed the same thing. I thought it might have been how I held it because when I sprayed it a second time it didn't leak. So Idk, I'll know for sure tomorrow.

  16. #46
    Basenotes Junkie UKisGR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by spcmiller View Post
    Obviously, this was made as a cheaper alternative to Aventus. I have to say from initial impressions that it comes pretty close. It seems to have captured its nuances and fruity opening. I'll give this a full wearing in the near future, and report back. I'm convinced it's better than Fresco, which was just a mess and a mere shadow of Aventus, but I don't know if it's going to measure up to Insurrection Pure, which is the closest Ive smelled to Aventus next to Aventus itself. The other contender, Unpredictable Adventure, is still being tested, but it seems to be on a par with AB Silver, but not of the caliber or quality of Insurrection Pure. It seems to fall squarely somewhere in the middle.

    One problem that I've already noticed is that the bottle when sprayed is leaky. There seems to be a leakage issue around the sprayer. I don't know if this is because it had to get going or what, but it's definitely a nuisance.
    Can you tell us a little more about Unpredictable Adventure? Saw it in the same $25 price range and am just a little curious about any differences from Silver.

  17. #47

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    So I gave this a full wearing today, it lasts most of the day. I sprayed it on around 8:30am, saw my girlfriend around 7:00pm and she thought it was her favorite Aventus!!! Lol when she hugged me I was asking "Can you sme..." she said "OMG baby you smell good, is that Aventus?" She really liked it on me. Funny thing is like Aventus I could not smell it on myself though I got a few wafts of it throughout the day I'm thinking from my shirt (I know a bit of a contradiction). So I feel that this fragrance has longevity but becomes a skin scent after about 4 hours. Unlike Aventus which projects all day on me. I also notice that as it dries down it gets a little bit sweeter. Very great bang for the buck.

  18. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    443

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by UKisGR8 View Post
    Can you tell us a little more about Unpredictable Adventure? Saw it in the same $25 price range and am just a little curious about any differences from Silver.
    Ugh...it seems to lack the depth of Insurrection and any longevity. I've worn it probably once or twice and it fades very quickly and after ~2 hours, it doesn't project for nothing. IF you can find it for like $15-20, I'd get it, but if you're looking for a solid replacement for Aventus, Insurrection Pure is the only way to fly.

  19. #49
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    4,917

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Ok, my bottle showed up today and honestly I gotta give props to UKisGR8 and frostyicy....they are spot on! Literally I have NOTHING to add, so I'll quickly rehash! Great presentation, if that matters to you. Upon 1st spray I was taken aback and immediately said "dang, this REALLY does smell like Aventus!" So I went in my room and picked up Aventus and sprayed it on my other hand...and then I did start to notice the difference, albeit fairly subtle. Aventus is slightly sweeter and the pineapple is much more pronounced. Smelling them side by side I detected a note in AB Silver that I slightly didn't care for, but couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was.(the apple perhaps?)

    If you like the smoke and woodiness of Aventus, you are gonna really dig this I think, because it's all right there in Silver. Unfortunately that's one of the things I could do without as I like sweeter scents.(honestly not a big Aventus fan to start, so I think the sweeter more vanilla Insurrection Pure may be more to my liking?) Its been about 4/4.5 hrs and Silver is very faint on my hand with 2 sprays, but as you all know Aventus is still kicking butt in terms of scent strength. Honestly for under $25 this stuff is great IMO. I just don't see how you could go wrong if you enjoy Aventus and want something VERY similar(85%)for about 1/10th the price and half the longevity. Great stuff, very happy with my purchase...I may have missed the boat on Insurrection Pure, but I'm sure glad I didn't on this one!!!

  20. #50

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Lomani's Ignition is also one that is worth considering, though without any "smoky" qualities (and some have claimed that it has been reformulated into a weakling).

  21. #51
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    4,917

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Lomani's Ignition is also one that is worth considering, though without any "smoky" qualities (and some have claimed that it has been reformulated into a weakling).
    Yes! Actually Ignition was the 1st Lomani I bought...and was very impressed, great long lasting gourmand!

  22. #52

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    This is dang close to Aventus. I mean dang close! This has captured the mid and base of Aventus very well. I believe this is less sweet than Pure as I believe Pure to have a bit more of a vanilla thing going on. That smokey/birchy/musky/leathery/rose thingy with the slight hint of sweetness is capture quite well by Silver. Where Pure has this slight metallic vibe or something Silver does not.

    I will say this with all honesty. Both Pure and Silver are very good. If Chanel or Dior would release these and there was no Aventus I think these would be top shelf designers. I even think a niche company could sell these and do well as there is nothing in department stores that smell like this. I give this a great endorsement and think it is ready to be thrown into the discussion. I hope Creed is looking to blow our minds again soon as I feel Aventus is getting some great competition. To be honest I will be supplementing my Aventus a lot with these. I don't think the average person will the tell the difference. These are well done and the performance seems to be excellent also. I may need to get another bottle soon.

  23. #53

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeitupthenose View Post
    This is dang close to Aventus. I mean dang close! This has captured the mid and base of Aventus very well. I believe this is less sweet than Pure as I believe Pure to have a bit more of a vanilla thing going on. That smokey/birchy/musky/leathery/rose thingy with the slight hint of sweetness is capture quite well by Silver. Where Pure has this slight metallic vibe or something Silver does not.

    I will say this with all honesty. Both Pure and Silver are very good. If Chanel or Dior would release these and there was no Aventus I think these would be top shelf designers. I even think a niche company could sell these and do well as there is nothing in department stores that smell like this. I give this a great endorsement and think it is ready to be thrown into the discussion. I hope Creed is looking to blow our minds again soon as I feel Aventus is getting some great competition. To be honest I will be supplementing my Aventus a lot with these. I don't think the average person will the tell the difference. These are well done and the performance seems to be excellent also. I may need to get another bottle soon.
    wow you are making me looks forward with my purchase!
    just hope i wont be disappoint

  24. #54

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Last edited by mjones602; 15th April 2014 at 12:58 PM.

  25. #55

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Finally got my bottle today. I also own full bottles of Aventus and Insurrection Pure II. First impression, this comes closer to Aventus than Pure. Can't speak for longevity yet, but the scent is pretty damn good. Presentation is great as well. Nice work, Lomani.

  26. #56

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post

    LOL!!! This was a non-bias video. I tested pure and this side by side and man both are dang close to Aventus...this one maybe a bit more. Again....if I can find something that is similar to something else at a fraction of the cost I am being fiscally responsible. Nothing has copied Aventus 100% but boy this comes dang close and even if not at 23 bucks shipped this can go right next to Bleu De Chanel, Dior and other high end designers at 1/3 of the price. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

  27. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    300
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Anything with "aventus clone" in it's name is guarenteed 1000+ views and 50+ comments.
    Last edited by SereneGreen; 16th April 2014 at 05:56 AM.

  28. #58
    Dependent bigbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Central Oregon
    Posts
    4,917

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjones602 View Post


    Man, that didn't take long...in this digital age nothing stays under the radar for any length of time now.

  29. #59

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Quote Originally Posted by SereneGreen View Post
    Anything with "aventus clone" in it's name is guarenteed 1000+ views and 50+ comments.
    Funny thing is I didn't think of that. But you have made a great point. I actually posted it so people can buy a good fragrance not boost traffic

  30. #60

    Default Re: Ab Silver Lomani - the next Aventus clone?

    Indeed I actually was buying this before the basenotes traffic

Similar Threads

  1. fresco by ilum deam (an aventus clone?)
    By noirdrakkar in forum Just Starting Out
    Replies: 368
    Last Post: 29th May 2014, 08:02 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26th December 2012, 11:02 PM
  3. Talking about Lomani... Has anyone tested MISTER LOMANI? What´s about?
    By glovesg in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15th October 2011, 03:10 AM
  4. Cruiser by Lomani vs AMITABH BACHAN By LOMANI
    By daskdt in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21st July 2011, 06:17 AM
  5. Silver mountain water or aventus
    By persianprince in forum Creed Aventus Subforum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 20th February 2011, 11:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000