Code of Conduct

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur

Hello everybody I been sampling Fou d absinthe and Timbuktu I really like Fou d absinthe but is not long lasting enought for me and Timbuktu is nice with the same lack of lasting power wich one of the mans fragances from this house is the one with more lasting powet Thanks to all.

Default Re: L'Artisan Parfumeur

I am a fan of Vanille Absolument. Smooth vanilla done right.

On my skin, these last pretty long:

L'Eau Du Caporal
    Mechant Loup
    Navegar
    Vetiver
    Mon Numero # 10
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Honestly, I've never had any issues with Timbuktu lasting the entire day. Maybe you're experiencing olfactory fatigue?

Timbuktu lasts pretty well for me, too, but so does Dzing! and a lot of people complain about longevity issues with Dzing!

I think Al Oudh is one that is worth trying, trucupey. It is one of the "heavier"/less sheer scents that I've tried from L'Artisan. It's not really heavy, I like wearing it in hot weather in fact, but it's got a pretty stout base for a L'Artisan.
    Behemoth cut a slice of pineapple, salted it, peppered it, ate it, and then tossed off a second glass of alcohol so dashingly that everyone applauded.

I don't think that I experience ocfaltory fatigue with this I sample or wearing other and dont have that same experience I believe not all fragances will perform the same in our skin, some are stronger than others depend how their composition and mix of essentials oils are put together, but I would like to know your opinions about this fragances Thanks to all.

Voleur de Roses has some decent lasting power, I think. I know what you mean by Timbuktu having weak longevity, but I think that by its woody nature, a fragrance like TImbuktu has more of a tendency to seep into the skin. I really think the entire house is just fantastic.

Timbuktu lasts pretty well on my skin, but as you were saying, everybody is different. In general, AP is considered to be more on the light side, on average. Dzing is another one that lasts well on me, as most leathers, but as you're seeing even on this opinions differ.

cacio

Timbuktu rules.
    One of the few original scents out there

I have bottles of Timbuktu and Al Oudh. Timbuktu lasts pretty well on my skin, but it's fairly subtle. Al Oudh seems a bit stronger to me both in projection and longevity.

I think they're both fantastic fragrances.

Tea for Two boasts good longevity and projection, as well as being an absolutely fantastic fragrance. Dzongkha is also one of my all time favourites, though whilst it has good longevity it stays closer to the skin.

I agree that Vanille Absolument is an excellent vanilla fragrance and Coeur de Vetiver Sacre is also a good buy.

You may also want to give L'eau de Navigateur at try as well: a very masculine smelling fragrance (to me, at least) with good staying power.

Basenotes Plus

I generally don't have longevity issue with their scents. If you really like the scents, maybe you transfer some to a travel atomizer and bring it with you for reapplication when needed.

L'Artisan is still my favourite house for avant garde fragrances.
    What I most like is that their fragrances are unusual, but still wearable.

I get good performance from:
    - Timbuktu
    - Voleur de Roses
    - Patchouli Patch
    - Passage d'Enfer

Navegar simply did not perform for me.
    I am still unsure whether that was my skin or olfactory fatigue.
    It's a pity because it was a marvellously done pepper fragrance.

Mechant Loup is an enigma.
    It has good longevity, but sillage is bizarre.
    I have sprayed it on and asked friends what they thought of it. They press their nose to my skin and swear they can smell nothing. After a few hours having coffee they say they can catch whiffs of it and that is smells really good. A strange beast indeed!

L'eau de Navigateur is a fine fragrance, but Laporte improved upon this when he created Eau des Iles for Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier.

I like Al Oudh, Timbuktu, Mon Número 10, Dzongkha, tea for two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trucupey20 View Post
    I don't think that I experience ocfaltory fatigue with this I sample or wearing other and dont have that same experience I believe not all fragances will perform the same in our skin, some are stronger than others depend how their composition and mix of essentials oils are put together, but I would like to know your opinions about this fragances Thanks to all.
    I love both Fou d'Absinthe and Timbuktu - and I own big bottles, too! I also have skin trouble with both of them. Longevity was inconsistent, until I realized that it was lasting better when I was wearing a suit and putting a dab under my collar. Especially with FdA - I get much improved performance by putting some on clothing.

tenaciousot approach this house of I were looking for monstrous projection & tenacious longevity.
    Perhaps Issey Miyake or 1 Million are more suitable.

for swap/sale:

Both last forever on me. Try spraying a couple shots under your shirt.

I've found that Dzing! Dzongkha, and Tea for Two are the other longest lasting scents from this line.
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

I tried Al Oudh at a Sephora, while on vacation. Sorry but its nasty. I am all for animalic fragrances but this one skews in a weird direction. Yuck.