Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Amouage Tribute Attar

Thinking about getting Amouage Tribute Attar. Any experience. Zahras online seems to have the cheapest price. anyone have experience with zahras. Do they stock authentic Amouage products. Or should i look somewhere else. Or is the Tribute attar outdated because i did not even see it on the amouage official site. or is there anything better than Tribute Attar out there you like.

Thanks. any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Amouage Tribute Attar

I used to buy from Zahra's before the shipping problems to the U.K. hit & they did sell genuine stuff, although they did not carry stock at that time.

Welcome!

I bought from zahras a few years back without problems, but I don't know since then. Tribute should be one of the two amouage attars also available in the west, and have not heard of discontinuations, though everything is possible.

cacio

Basenotes Plus

This information came out just a few days ago. It looks like Amouage attars have been pulled from distribution.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/0...rther-limited/

Tribute Attar is ripe for being reworked into an edp. Probably impossible with IFRA regs the way they are, but If I wanted Amouage to do one thing, that would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    This information came out just a few days ago. It looks like Amouage attars have been pulled from distribution.

http://www.kafkaesqueblog.com/2014/0...rther-limited/
    This depresses me greatly. Especially since I can't afford a full bottle right now
    Current favorites:
    1. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse
    5. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    6. Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

If true, the article would further confirm the downward progression of a once reputable brand. At the same time, better pulling them than reformulating as they've done for several of the alcohol perfumes.
    Shame nonetheless.

cacio

What would be something comparable to tribute right now in the USA

So no one can think of anything similar? Come on guys....

Nothing comes to mind. Tribute is a woody-tobacco punch, extremely intense. Apparently (I don't own them) older batches had also more of a smoky note.

cacio

I can't think of anything that smells like Tribute attar... Perhaps it is time to pull the trigger before it is too late. My decant can't last that much longer.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Basenotes Plus

I was told by Amouage last year that all Attars were pulled. When I questioned why Tribute and Homage was still plentiful in the US, I was told the distributor was selling through their inventories. Guess the inventory was quite substantial, because I did not have much of an issue getting the 30mL bottle for my split.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I was told by Amouage last year that all Attars were pulled. When I questioned why Tribute and Homage was still plentiful in the US, I was told the distributor was selling through their inventories. Guess the inventory was quite substantial, because I did not have much of an issue getting the 30mL bottle for my split.
    I suspect that it's not something that sells so much, since it's very expensive and not everyone is willing to pay so much for something perceived as a small bottle

Quote Originally Posted by mossyoakpenn View Post
    So no one can think of anything similar? Come on guys....
    LM Parfums Hard Leather has a similar vibe to me, though not the same fragrance.
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

Basenotes Institution

There is nothing that I have smelled that is like Tribute. I bought a split of it years ago & I cherish it.

Only a tiny amount is needed for hours and hours of radiant fragrance.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

What kind of tobacco note does it have in it? Smoky, sweet, realistic leaves, pouch tobacco? Im a tobacco fan and would love some of this before it disappears!

The latest batches weren't particularly smoky, more leaf and pouch, I'd say.

cacio

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    The latest batches weren't particularly smoky, more leaf and pouch, I'd say.

cacio
    Okay, thanks. May have to get a sample while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmBeach View Post
    I was at the Amouage boutique last week in Dubai. They told me that the company asked them to send all the attars back to Oman for reasons they don't know. However, when I was at the airport checking out the duty free, I saw a few attar bottles still there at the Amouage section.

To the OP, I would try Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes. It's the closest thing to Tribute that I have tried so far.

Speculation: Why would all attars be pulled by Amouage?

1. Line being discontinued.
    2. Reformulation.
    3. Repackaging.
    4. Pull stock that was (reportedly) inconsistant compared to previous batches.
    5. To replace with a new line of attars.
    6. To avoid IFRA issues.
    7. Just to make some people mad!

I wish I understood why...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

The IFRA can bite me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    Speculation: Why would all attars be pulled?I wish I understood why...
    This is speculated upon in the Kafaesque blog linked in post #4 above.

It appears that the Omani government may have issued a directive requiring that domestically manufactured products (not just perfumes) adhere to standards which are internationally accepted. So if the IFRA aren't responsible directly, they most likely hold the standard to which Omani perfumes must adhere.

IMO thus directive has a two-fold push behind it - to make local products safe and of a standard quality for Omanis themselves, and also to ensure that any Omani products can be sold internationally without any problems.

Pulling existing product from store shelves in addition to stopping or altering production does seem extreme. This leads me to believe that Amouage wants to avoid any possible legal issues. Could be merely a precaution, or perhaps there have been complaints already.
    Last edited by noggs; 3rd April 2014 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks for the info., noggs.

Good information Noggs and thank you. I am very glad to have what I have but now the (difficult) search for other attars to explore and enjoy...not so easy from my part of the world.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

Interesting. So I see the Omani government doesn't care much about perfumes either - understandably, since their real exports are oil products. Sad nonetheless.

cacio

Interesting. So I see the Omani government doesn't care much about perfumes either - understandably, since their real exports are oil products. Sad nonetheless. cacio
    But...attars are an oil product! ;-)
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

We should remind them!
    cacio

We should remind them!
    cacio

This! I'll talk to my people, see what we can do...
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    I was at the Amouage boutique last week in Dubai. They told me that the company asked them to send all the attars back to Oman for reasons they don't know. However, when I was at the airport checking out the duty free, I saw a few attar bottles still there at the Amouage section.

To the OP, I would try Attar Al Kaaba by Al Haramain Perfumes. It's the closest thing to Tribute that I have tried so far.
    I don't think Al Kaaba comes even closer to Tribute, this one is much more heavy on rose and oud and doesn't have any tobacco notes.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I don't think Al Kaaba comes even closer to Tribute, this one is much more heavy on rose and oud and doesn't have any tobacco notes.
    No, it doesn't have tobacco, but to my nose it gives a surprisingly similar vibe to Tribute.

Although it is not the same fragrance at all, when I first sniffed Interlude Man, it immediately reminded me of Tribute Attar. So much in fact, that I decided that I would rather own decants of Interlude Man than pay the price for Tribute Attar. Just me though.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    No, it doesn't have tobacco, but to my nose it gives a surprisingly similar vibe to Tribute.
    The tobacco is so heavy on me that it's what makes me think of Tribute. Anyway, Al Kaaba is a very beautiful scent with a beautiful bottle and a great price

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Although it is not the same fragrance at all, when I first sniffed Interlude Man, it immediately reminded me of Tribute Attar. So much in fact, that I decided that I would rather own decants of Interlude Man than pay the price for Tribute Attar. Just me though.
    I had the same impression FISS80, the first time i smelled it, it reminded me of Tribute. It's like they have mixed the Tribute tobacco-oud accord with something sweet and milky. It's the closest i have got to tribute so far.

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I had the same impression FISS80, the first time i smelled it, it reminded me of Tribute. It's like they have mixed the Tribute tobacco-oud accord with something sweet and milky. It's the closest i have got to tribute so far.
    Thanks rickbr. Glad to see that I am not alone in sensing the similarity.
    Current faves (Subject to change at a moments notice!!):
    Roja Dove Diaghilev
    SHL 777 Khol de Bahrein
    Mona di Orio Oud
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Heeley Cuir Pleine Fleur
    Dior Cuir Cannage
    Acqua di Parma Leather

Wow. This is sad, sad news... not just for Tribute, but for the whole line. These are all very special and personal perfumes and, as suggested above, have little in the way of similar releases that come close to their artistry.

Sure, you will find likenesses (especially within the House of Amouage itself, and the aforementioned Interlude is a great start), but still vastly different; the Tribute EDP might share the fermented fruit accord and the incense smoke of the attar, but is also far sweeter, spicier, and singing in a higher key - essentially more BUSY than the distinct linear trajectory of Tribute. The attar has a tobacco and smoke bouquet that is unrivaled - anywhere. Both are "pungent," but nothing that would make one pass for the other.

Sorry, but I also find no recommendable similarity between Tribute and Hard Leather, the first being about smokey and animalic (but BRIGHT) tobacco, the second a study (albeit beautiful) and dark and dry leather without the spice and light.

Damn. F#&% IFRA. With that said, I agree with the suggestions made in the article and in this forum that hat this likely has far more to do with the business practices of Amouage. A new focus on what/where they can sell is clearly more important than maintaining the bar (that they SET) in creating beautiful, trustworthy, and consistent attars to the global market.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Default Re: Amouage attars sad news :'(

I just got a 12ml bottle of Tribute and it came in a white box! I am thinking I just got very lucky.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

I just got a 12ml bottle of Tribute and it came in a white box! I am thinking I just got very lucky.
    Very lucky indeed. I saw a few in the Middle East.

Very lucky indeed. I saw a few in the Middle East.

Congrats! Mind my asking from where? I have a 12ml arriving Thursday, hoping for the same surprise
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

I am getting quite a few messages asking where I got the Tribute. I got it from an obscure store I would not have generally ordered from but they listed a few Amouage. I emailed them asking if they had tribute and the answer was initially no. After they checked their storage they found one. I was unsure of the store but with a credit card I decided to order knowing that I could contest the sale if it went bad. I got lucky... No more messages please!
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

3 of the amouage attars in my collection are white-boxed. Tribute is in a brown lacquered box with purple velvet inlay, but it was purchased about 4 years ago. What is the distinction in the box color? (I've also seen the black boxes... but I thought they were only testers)
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicolδi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Given the strength of Tribute, I recommend grabbing 1ml from somewhere like the perfumed court. This amount will last a surprisingly long time.
    There is nothing else like this marvelous attar

Quote Originally Posted by FumeHood View Post
    3 of the amouage attars in my collection are white-boxed. Tribute is in a brown lacquered box with purple velvet inlay, but it was purchased about 4 years ago. What is the distinction in the box color? (I've also seen the black boxes... but I thought they were only testers)
    From what I understand the white boxes are earlier releases.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

From what I understand the white boxes are earlier releases.
    They started out with white boxes, then the red/brown ones came along, then the black ones arrived later.
    In my experience, a lot of the red/brown stuff was good but there were problems later in that period, less so with Tribute.
    I've had some decent ones in black boxes but it seems to vary, depending on the individual attar.

I picked up one last week from Beauty Encounter, came in an all red box.
    Current favorites:
    2. M by Puredistance
    3. Epic Man by Amouage
    4. Jeke by Slumberhouse

I never saw or heard of the black box version.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

They were over here after the red/brown boxes & were smaller than the red/brown ones, with an embossed design.
    IMG_1833-500x500.jpg

So how can you tell between the reform and the vintage? Which box color should you be looking for to get the unreformed version?

The brown boxes seem to be the older version.

White boxes were the oldest.

Basenotes Plus

If the kafkaesque blog is right, it might be all over

No more attar production from Amouage. Not even for the Omani market!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Did you read nogg's post in the thread linked in post #39, stargarden?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Did you read nogg's post in the thread linked in post #39, stargarden?
    yes....sadly

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    If the kafkaesque blog is right, it might be all over

No more attar production from Amouage. Not even for the Omani market!
    What a shame!

Basenotes Plus

I wish I had gotten interested in the attars a couple of years ago, because I would have gotten several different ones and they would last for years. I really wish I had gotten a bottle of the sandal, al andalus, asrar, and tribute and homage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised at the blanket discontinuation of all the Attars - is Amouage going more mainstream?

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I am surprised at the blanket discontinuation of all the Attars - is Amouage going more mainstream?
    I think everyone was taken by surprise. But this is a very sad situation. (I wore Tribute today and it is lovely.) I have to blame the long tenticles of the IFRA mostly. My only question now is that since I love the strength of these scents and the application method, where can we look now for other attars? There are others available from middle eastern houses I am completely unfamiliar with, at prices ranging from a few dollars to ridiculous, samples are not available here and blind buying is such a risk. The situation leaves me dumbfounded, confused, frustrated and just a little bit angry.

As to Amouage becoming mainstream, maybe so, but Mr. Chong has said he will take Amouage in a new direction. I trust and hope that Amouage will continue to make top tier fragrances under IFRA restrictions, but those very restrictions will offer challenges to all perfume houses. I am afraid we are in a post classic period for fragrances...
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

The IFRA can bite me!

There's some info. in this recent thread, Akahina, or the Oud Group has loads of info. on attars.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378...amouage+attars

Basenotes Plus

As an interesting experiment, I am going on a date with a middle eastern goddess tonight (she truly is, sigh....) and I will be wearing tribute to see what she thinks. She is a Chanel and bond no 9 girl herself , but loves the sandalwood just as much as I do (and owns several statues made from it at her house and they smell DIVINE). I am interested to see if the tribute attar catches her fancy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    As an interesting experiment, I am going on a date with a middle eastern goddess tonight (she truly is, sigh....) and I will be wearing tribute to see what she thinks. She is a Chanel and bond no 9 girl herself , but loves the sandalwood just as much as I do (and owns several statues made from it at her house and they smell DIVINE). I am interested to see if the tribute attar catches her fancy :-)

Maybe the results could be posted in the 'compliments' thread