Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Amouage Tribute Attar

Quote Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
    No, it doesn't have tobacco, but to my nose it gives a surprisingly similar vibe to Tribute.
    The tobacco is so heavy on me that it's what makes me think of Tribute. Anyway, Al Kaaba is a very beautiful scent with a beautiful bottle and a great price

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    Although it is not the same fragrance at all, when I first sniffed Interlude Man, it immediately reminded me of Tribute Attar. So much in fact, that I decided that I would rather own decants of Interlude Man than pay the price for Tribute Attar. Just me though.
    I had the same impression FISS80, the first time i smelled it, it reminded me of Tribute. It's like they have mixed the Tribute tobacco-oud accord with something sweet and milky. It's the closest i have got to tribute so far.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I had the same impression FISS80, the first time i smelled it, it reminded me of Tribute. It's like they have mixed the Tribute tobacco-oud accord with something sweet and milky. It's the closest i have got to tribute so far.
    Thanks rickbr. Glad to see that I am not alone in sensing the similarity.

Wow. This is sad, sad news... not just for Tribute, but for the whole line. These are all very special and personal perfumes and, as suggested above, have little in the way of similar releases that come close to their artistry.

Sure, you will find likenesses (especially within the House of Amouage itself, and the aforementioned Interlude is a great start), but still vastly different; the Tribute EDP might share the fermented fruit accord and the incense smoke of the attar, but is also far sweeter, spicier, and singing in a higher key - essentially more BUSY than the distinct linear trajectory of Tribute. The attar has a tobacco and smoke bouquet that is unrivaled - anywhere. Both are "pungent," but nothing that would make one pass for the other.

Sorry, but I also find no recommendable similarity between Tribute and Hard Leather, the first being about smokey and animalic (but BRIGHT) tobacco, the second a study (albeit beautiful) and dark and dry leather without the spice and light.

Damn. F#&% IFRA. With that said, I agree with the suggestions made in the article and in this forum that hat this likely has far more to do with the business practices of Amouage. A new focus on what/where they can sell is clearly more important than maintaining the bar (that they SET) in creating beautiful, trustworthy, and consistent attars to the global market.
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Default Re: Amouage attars sad news :'(

I just got a 12ml bottle of Tribute and it came in a white box! I am thinking I just got very lucky.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Masque Milano Russian Tea

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I just got a 12ml bottle of Tribute and it came in a white box! I am thinking I just got very lucky.
    Very lucky indeed. I saw a few in the Middle East.
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Sport by Prada

Very lucky indeed. I saw a few in the Middle East.

Congrats! Mind my asking from where? I have a 12ml arriving Thursday, hoping for the same surprise
    Current favorites:
    1. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    2. Peety by O'Driu
    3. M by Puredistance
    4. Vikt by Slumberhouse
    5. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    6. Spice & Wood by Creed
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

I am getting quite a few messages asking where I got the Tribute. I got it from an obscure store I would not have generally ordered from but they listed a few Amouage. I emailed them asking if they had tribute and the answer was initially no. After they checked their storage they found one. I was unsure of the store but with a credit card I decided to order knowing that I could contest the sale if it went bad. I got lucky... No more messages please!
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

3 of the amouage attars in my collection are white-boxed. Tribute is in a brown lacquered box with purple velvet inlay, but it was purchased about 4 years ago. What is the distinction in the box color? (I've also seen the black boxes... but I thought they were only testers)
    Having Simultaneous Affairs with: Amouage Memoir Man, Fate Man, Interlude Man, Epic Extrait (yep... the femme version), Tribute, Homage, Opus IV, VI, & VII • Puredistance M, Black • Tauer L'Air & Carillon pour un Ange • Knize Ten Golden • L'Artisan Al Oudh, Traversee du Bosphore, Dzing! • TF Noir de Noir • Xerjoff Homme, Richwood, Regio, 1861, 1888, Zafar • Serge Lutens MKK, Gris Clair, Fille en Aiguilles, La Myrre • H de Parfums 1740, Noir Patchouli, Tub3 Animale • Abdes Salaam Tabac, Sharif, Mecca Balsam • Slumberhouse Vikt, Baque • MDCI Invasion Barbare, Chypre Palatin • Nicoläi NY, Vie de Chateau Intense, L'Eau Mixte • Dior Leather Oud & Patchouli Imperial • Chanel Sycomore • Guerlain Derby, Songe d'un Bois d'Ete • MFK Oud Cashmere Mood • Ormonde Jayne Man

Given the strength of Tribute, I recommend grabbing 1ml from somewhere like the perfumed court. This amount will last a surprisingly long time.
    There is nothing else like this marvelous attar

Quote Originally Posted by FumeHood View Post
    3 of the amouage attars in my collection are white-boxed. Tribute is in a brown lacquered box with purple velvet inlay, but it was purchased about 4 years ago. What is the distinction in the box color? (I've also seen the black boxes... but I thought they were only testers)
    From what I understand the white boxes are earlier releases.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Basenotes Plus

From what I understand the white boxes are earlier releases.
    They started out with white boxes, then the red/brown ones came along, then the black ones arrived later.
    In my experience, a lot of the red/brown stuff was good but there were problems later in that period, less so with Tribute.
    I've had some decent ones in black boxes but it seems to vary, depending on the individual attar.

I picked up one last week from Beauty Encounter, came in an all red box.
    Current favorites:
    1. Hard Leather by LM Parfums
    2. Peety by O'Driu
    3. M by Puredistance
    4. Vikt by Slumberhouse
    5. Invasion Barbare by MDCI
    6. Spice & Wood by Creed
    7. Tribute Attar by Amouage

I never saw or heard of the black box version.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Basenotes Plus

They were over here after the red/brown boxes & were smaller than the red/brown ones, with an embossed design.
    IMG_1833-500x500.jpg

So how can you tell between the reform and the vintage? Which box color should you be looking for to get the unreformed version?

The brown boxes seem to be the older version.

Basenotes Plus

White boxes were the oldest.

Basenotes Plus

If the kafkaesque blog is right, it might be all over

No more attar production from Amouage. Not even for the Omani market!
    improving olfactory environments one molecule at a time....

Basenotes Plus

Did you read nogg's post in the thread linked in post #39, stargarden?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    Did you read nogg's post in the thread linked in post #39, stargarden?
    yes....sadly

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    If the kafkaesque blog is right, it might be all over

No more attar production from Amouage. Not even for the Omani market!
    What a shame!

Basenotes Plus

I wish I had gotten interested in the attars a couple of years ago, because I would have gotten several different ones and they would last for years. I really wish I had gotten a bottle of the sandal, al andalus, asrar, and tribute and homage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised at the blanket discontinuation of all the Attars - is Amouage going more mainstream?

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    I am surprised at the blanket discontinuation of all the Attars - is Amouage going more mainstream?
    I think everyone was taken by surprise. But this is a very sad situation. (I wore Tribute today and it is lovely.) I have to blame the long tenticles of the IFRA mostly. My only question now is that since I love the strength of these scents and the application method, where can we look now for other attars? There are others available from middle eastern houses I am completely unfamiliar with, at prices ranging from a few dollars to ridiculous, samples are not available here and blind buying is such a risk. The situation leaves me dumbfounded, confused, frustrated and just a little bit angry.

As to Amouage becoming mainstream, maybe so, but Mr. Chong has said he will take Amouage in a new direction. I trust and hope that Amouage will continue to make top tier fragrances under IFRA restrictions, but those very restrictions will offer challenges to all perfume houses. I am afraid we are in a post classic period for fragrances...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion

Basenotes Plus

There's some info. in this recent thread, Akahina, or the Oud Group has loads of info. on attars.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/378...amouage+attars

Basenotes Plus

As an interesting experiment, I am going on a date with a middle eastern goddess tonight (she truly is, sigh....) and I will be wearing tribute to see what she thinks. She is a Chanel and bond no 9 girl herself , but loves the sandalwood just as much as I do (and owns several statues made from it at her house and they smell DIVINE). I am interested to see if the tribute attar catches her fancy :-)

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by stargarden View Post
    As an interesting experiment, I am going on a date with a middle eastern goddess tonight (she truly is, sigh....) and I will be wearing tribute to see what she thinks. She is a Chanel and bond no 9 girl herself , but loves the sandalwood just as much as I do (and owns several statues made from it at her house and they smell DIVINE). I am interested to see if the tribute attar catches her fancy :-)

Maybe the results could be posted in the 'compliments' thread