Code of Conduct

Question Jovoy Private Label vs. Sigilli Athunis vs. Lush Hellstone

i am vs. these on a base of 'raw earthy vetiver'. can anybody compare and express preferences? if possible, refer also Villoresi Vetiver and Bois D'Ombrie to that trio.
    it may sound banal, but besides on overall feeling could you elaborate on longevity? most vetiver scents i know of have a very poor longevity on me, with the exception of di orio vetyver. i have not experienced such longevity issues with any other base note.
    Last edited by mspa; 1st April 2014 at 07:36 PM.
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Default Re: Jovoy Private Label vs. Sigilli Athunis vs. Lush Hellstone

Here's my take…

Athunis is basically an extremely smoky vetiver and cedarwood bomb. After the initial blast of burnt woods with a boozy quality, the fragrance settles down to a rough and unpolished woody vetiver. Great if you like no-BS type of stuff and campfire smells. Longevity is average (6-8 hrs).

Lush Hellstone is probably the most challenging of the trio and it's loaded with cumin. Feels sweaty and earthy and…weird. *VERY* hit or miss. Longevity is ok.

Private Label is not just vetiver. It's vetiver plus boatloads of earthy patch and an overall leathery vibe. I find this to be quite bombastic and uncompromising but, in the end, still somewhat pretty *traditional*.

I like all of them but if I'd were to pick one, it would be either Private Label or Athunis.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I can't speak to the latter two, but I have Private Label and it's a wonderful scent with very good longevity. As mentioned above, a nice leathery vetiver and one of my preferred in the Jovoy line.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

thank you both Alpha Alfaromeo and Hednic the Great for the input!
    offsite sales: http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=301

current top 12, by quartets:
    1. Zafar, Onda, Tuba, Reve en Cuir
    5. Coromandel, Ex-Idolo 33, Bois D'Encens, Dia Man
    9. Ore, Montecristo, Danger Homme, Derby

current top 4 houses, random order: Vero Profumo, Slumberhouse, MFK, Roja Dove

favourite categories: oriental semi-gourmands, ouds, vetivers

Private label

I received a 10ml of Jovoy Private Label today via trade and I have to say it's not my thing (sorry remik.) As alfarom points out, it's not just vetiver (which I tend to love) it's a strident combination of rich rooty-green vetiver and loud new luxury car leather. Definitely a little too brash of a leather dose for me and I really do not like the combination of leather and vetiver....it just seems like something else is missing.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project. NEW: Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture) / SantL (A Mysore Sandalwood reference fragrance...Mysore/Woods/Spice) / Limed - ONLY 7 Bottles Remaining (Lime/Sandalwood/Cedar/Ginger/Coconut Lactone

***MadHat Samples now available at Surrender to Chance here.

SALES THREAD SSS Incense Pure / Slumberhouse & More...

Vetiver by Villoresi is one of the best vetivers among the classics, quite in the Guerlain heritage. Not much in common with nowadays' glue/wet-paint-like vetivers.
    My current top five:

Etro - Vetiver
    Slumberhouse - Ore
    Parfum d'Empire - Cuir Ottoman
    Hermès - Equipage (vtg)
    Geo F Trumper - Curzon

My fragrance reviews | http://yeoldecivetcat.blogspot.it/

My sales - WORLDWIDE | Vtg Signoricci 1 & Signoricci 2 - EDT 200 ML BNIB | http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...DT-200-ML-BNIB