Code of Conduct

Default Roja Dove Edp vs Extrait.

Im debating about getting fetish and danger pour homme. Has anyone tested and compared the edps vs the extraits? Are the extraits worth the extra 150ish dollars? Can you tell the differences between them etc? Any thoughts about this would be welcomed and appreciated.

Default Re: Roja Dove Edp vs Extrait.

They're slightly different but the extrait is certainly worth the extra $.
    It's not simply more concentrated or longer lasting as some people misunderstand it The composition itself differs.
    Same applies to fetish pour femme.

But both are very nice (fetish).
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    They're slightly different but the extrait is certainly worth the extra $.
    It's not simply more concentrated or longer lasting as some people misunderstand it The composition itself differs.
    Same applies to fetish pour femme.

But both are very nice (fetish).
    If the extraits are not more concentrated or longer lasting then how is it worth the extra money? Did he put in better ingredients in the extraits? Does it contain real ambergris?

I'm saying extrait doesn't simply mean more concentration & longer lasting.
    A different concentration can also mean another composition.
    In this case it's all of the above but particularly a different composition.
    for swap/sale:

So are the differences between the compositions that drastic or are they minimal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Have you tried the new Valentino Uomo?
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Have you tried the new Valentino Uomo?
    I havent had the pleasure.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I have tried a few of the extraits and was pretty impressed. Potent stuff.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

I definitely suggest purchasing the extrait over the edp of of Danger Pour Homme specifically. I have a sample of Danger Pour Homme in Extrait form and find it to be far more spectacular than the EdP version of the same.
    Current Favorites:
    Creed Viking
    Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    Xerjoff Naxos
    MFK Oud Satin Mood Extrait
    Currently wearing: Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

I like danger pour homme but it feels lacking at the dry down, all it smells like is tonka with ambergris. Wonder if the extrait has any more personality?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I like danger pour homme but it feels lacking at the dry down, all it smells like is tonka with ambergris. Wonder if the extrait has any more personality?
    While I really enjoyed it, sadly that is what I remember it being as well, just much stronger and longer lasting. I will revisit it again over the weekend and double check.
    Current Favorites:
    Creed Viking
    Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade
    Xerjoff Naxos
    MFK Oud Satin Mood Extrait
    Currently wearing: Rive d'Ambre by Tom Ford

The extracts are more refined while sharing the same DNA. Purchase the extraits if the funds allow.
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Roja Dove

I wouldn't recommend the extrait by default.

Each concentration serves a different purpose. The edp is a better solution for everyday wear. It's more suitable for everyday use. But at the cost of the extrait's opulence.
    for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but those who are experiencing this line should definitely take note - the extraits are far more complex, better blended, and more full-bodied than the EDPs. Danger Pour Homme EDP is a great scent, but the extrait sends me straight to heaven. This is one of the few perfumes I have tried that gives me a shudder and nearly sends my eyes rolling back into my head. Drop dead gorgeous, full stop.

Creation-E EDP versus the extrait is a similar story. In the EDP I get heavy cognac and tobacco, and the dry down is very linear. This is still better in my opinion than many other tobacco/boozy scents on the market, however the extrait is the single best perfume in this category. The cognac smells expensive, the tobacco is rich and a smidge moist, and there is a beautiful vanilla note that lends warmth to the dry down.

Similarly I first tried the newer scent, Reckless, as an EDP, and found it nice but nothing special. Then I tried the extrait and could identify at least 6 new notes that I did not smell previously in the EDP, and in addition, the extrait had much more evolution over the course of its time on the skin.

I'm sure Fetish and Scandal will be similar stories.

The bottom line is this: if you want a good fragrance that surpasses many offerings from other lines, the EDP portion of Roja's range will certainly do. But if you are looking for a showstopper, a breathtaker, and something that will make your jaw hit the floor, I highly recommend exploring Roja's line in extrait form. The added complexity, body, and beauty is an essential part of experiencing this line as it was meant to be experienced.

Basenotes Plus

I can only comment on Fetish Pour Homme since that's the only one which I've tested both the EDP and the Extrait. While the scent itself isn't really different between the two concentrations I find that the Extrait smells much richer, the top and middle notes last much longer. The florals really comes out in the Extrait for Fetish Pour Homme, and it creates a very thick scent haze around the wearer, but boy is it heavenly. EDP is still good, but it goes down to rugged leather rather quickly and just doesn't smell as rich and opulent.

All other Roja Dove fragrances I've tried are all Extraits. While I do not like Danger and Scandal I find Reckless Pour Homme Extrait drop-dead gorgeous and it's one of the longest lasting, strongest projecting fragrances I've come across. I wore this today with just 2 shots, and after 6 hours someone commented they could smell cologne all over the place. This stuff is nuclear, in a good way because it just smells so damn luxurious!

Quote Originally Posted by HackerX View Post
    I can only comment on Fetish Pour Homme since that's the only one which I've tested both the EDP and the Extrait. While the scent itself isn't really different between the two concentrations I find that the Extrait smells much richer, the top and middle notes last much longer. The florals really comes out in the Extrait for Fetish Pour Homme, and it creates a very thick scent haze around the wearer, but boy is it heavenly. EDP is still good, but it goes down to rugged leather rather quickly and just doesn't smell as rich and opulent.

All other Roja Dove fragrances I've tried are all Extraits. While I do not like Danger and Scandal I find Reckless Pour Homme Extrait drop-dead gorgeous and it's one of the longest lasting, strongest projecting fragrances I've come across. I wore this today with just 2 shots, and after 6 hours someone commented they could smell cologne all over the place. This stuff is nuclear, in a good way because it just smells so damn luxurious!
    Fascinating post! Thanks HackerX. I need to properly test the Fetish Extrait as soon as possible. I have a feeling I'd love it. Reckless is also great (I love the spice and peppery vibe), but for some reason I fell head over heels for Danger, with Creation-E close behind. Perhaps I'm a lover of orientals? Either way, I think it's safe to say that all the extraits seem to be much more opulent and well-crafted than the EDPs, which are no slouches either.
    Last edited by NeoXerxes; 11th December 2014 at 07:52 PM.

Reviving this thread to add some recent insights. With Fetish pour Homme, there's a substantial difference between EdP and parfum, with the latter being far more complex (as in more notes!), rich and balanced. The EdP is a let-down by comparison - wow. However, with Scandal pour Homme, I can only perceive a (slight) difference in strength. I have both concentrations, and Scandal EdP smells exactly the same as the parfum to me, being only a bit less longer lasting. So I've found that it really depends on the scent.
    For swap/sale: Fougère Royale, AdP Colonia Club, Tauer Lonesome Rider, MDCI Cuir Garamante, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Intense, Montale Cuir D'Arabie, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber PH Intense, Prada Amber PH metal travel spray, Loewe PH, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Obsession, others.
    http://tinyurl.com/ju9yuu6 (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/hx7yws8
    (sales)
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    Reviving this thread to add some recent insights. With Fetish pour Homme, there's a substantial difference between EdP and parfum, with the latter being far more complex (as in more notes!), rich and balanced. The EdP is a let-down by comparison - wow. However, with Scandal pour Homme, I can only perceive a (slight) difference in strength. I have both concentrations, and Scandal EdP smells exactly the same as the parfum to me, being only a bit less longer lasting. So I've found that it really depends on the scent.
    Thanks for your thoughts. What about with Enigma pour homme?
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

Sorry, rollzst, those are the only two that I've been able to compare thoroughly so far. I hope others will chime in.
    For swap/sale: Fougère Royale, AdP Colonia Club, Tauer Lonesome Rider, MDCI Cuir Garamante, vintage Tiffany for Men, 1 Million Intense, Montale Cuir D'Arabie, Bentley Intense, Prada Amber PH Intense, Prada Amber PH metal travel spray, Loewe PH, M7 gel, Roma (women's), Obsession, others.
    http://tinyurl.com/ju9yuu6 (swaps)
    http://tinyurl.com/hx7yws8
    (sales)
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by ebear View Post
    So, i am kind of new to Roja Parfums, is the Creation E also known on their official site as Enigma ?
    And second question EDP is for eau de parfum but what about extraits? what extraits means?
    For example i want to buy this https://www.rojaparfums.com/fragrance/danger-pour-homme
    So the EDP is the standard 100ml parfum cologne at 225pounds and the extraits is the 50ml Parfum ?

Quote Originally Posted by FISS80 View Post
    I definitely suggest purchasing the extrait over the edp of of Danger Pour Homme specifically. I have a sample of Danger Pour Homme in Extrait form and find it to be far more spectacular than the EdP version of the same.
    I agree with your assessment of Danger for sure and Fetish I enjoyed both but the extrait had a bit more dirtiness to it. Which could be good or bad depending on your tastes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Serban View Post
    So, i am kind of new to Roja Parfums, is the Creation E also known on their official site as Enigma ?
    And second question EDP is for eau de parfum but what about extraits? what extraits means?
    For example i want to buy this https://www.rojaparfums.com/fragrance/danger-pour-homme
    So the EDP is the standard 100ml parfum cologne at 225pounds and the extraits is the 50ml Parfum ?
    The extrait is a deeper, richer version and is great for the fall and winter and the new cologne is actually quite good and a bit sparkling or bright up front and would be great on a cooler summer night. Alan at Beverly Hills has 20% off through May and 4 free samples from his huge stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk